SportsWrath

Who would you take over Eli Manning right now?

gateb

Inflating stats by airing it out? Who else is airing it out? Of course it reflects upon the QB if they are inflating stats. But no, I will not admit to it. We all know it, no need to help boy wonder out anymore. I'll stick to my Romo the Homo bashing. :)

the dog isn't questioning whose stats are "inflated" in this, what the dog is finding inane is your correlation that it reflects "poorly" on a QB and offense if that QB has big statistics...that is inane...

I have admitted it a few times in this thread, but I am also not above pointing out his faults. When people thought Eli was the worst QB in the league the point they made was all he could hit was the deep ball, obviously I'm not saying Romo is a poor QB, but while Money thinks Dallas' ability to throw the deep ball accentuates his prowess, I think it's the same thing that happened with Eli very early in his career. It hides the players inabilities, connect on a couple deep throws and it makes the corners back off a little, opening up a lot of dump offs or come back routes, which is what Dallas' offense is all about.

Correction "passing offense", because Dallas rushed for 1750 yards last season.

fair enough...but the dog would argue that it is far from this basic. and wouldn't it also be the premise behind a lot of offenses in the league, including the giants with the new and improved Eli...if you can utilize your skill receivers as deep threats to soften the corners, you get more production underneath and in the run game...basic football in that respect...use your strengths and then take what the defense gives you...

I have admitted it a few times in this thread, but I am also not above pointing out his faults. When people thought Eli was the worst QB in the league the point they made was all he could hit was the deep ball, obviously I'm not saying Romo is a poor QB, but while Money thinks Dallas' ability to throw the deep ball accentuates his prowess, I think it's the same thing that happened with Eli very early in his career. It hides the players inabilities, connect on a couple deep throws and it makes the corners back off a little, opening up a lot of dump offs or come back routes, which is what Dallas' offense is all about.

Correction "passing offense", because Dallas rushed for 1750 yards last season.

Owens is their only deep threat. Witten, Crayton, and the RBs make up a huge percentage of their completions, and they complete 65% of their passes. Based on that, it just doesn't add up. You can't attribute their success to the so-called Madden offense; so much of their yardage comes from short and intermediate routes to guys not named T.O.

Although it is interesting to see someone sing the praises of an offense but framing it as a criticism of the QB.

Owens is their only deep threat. Witten, Crayton, and the RBs make up a huge percentage of their completions, and they complete 65% of their passes. Based on that, it just doesn't add up. You can't attribute their success to the so-called Madden offense; so much of their yardage comes from short and intermediate routes to guys not named T.O.

Although it is interesting to see someone sing the praises of an offense but framing it as a criticism of the QB.

You mean like little dump offs and come back routes? Throw it deep to Owens, dump it out to Crayton/Barber and hit Whitten over the middle.

fair enough...but the dog would argue that it is far from this basic. and wouldn't it also be the premise behind a lot of offenses in the league, including the giants with the new and improved Eli...if you can utilize your skill receivers as deep threats to soften the corners, you get more production underneath and in the run game...basic football in that respect...use your strengths and then take what the defense gives you...

I'm not saying it's a bad offense, it certainly works, but this thread is about quarterbacks, and it's my belief that the Cowboys offense is designed to hide the inabilities of their QB, and accentuate the things he does better. Same as any team in the league would do and does do with their QB.

I'm just trying to stay within the guidlines of this thread. The question was posed who would I take over Eli, it's my opinion that Romo is not the lock some people think he is, like Brady or Peyton.

Eli's ability to throw the deep ball, opened up the defense so that he couldhave more success throwing shorter passes over the middle or slants or whatever, is understandable......if for the first 3 1/2 years of his career, it actually worked.

It didn't. In fact Eli had a lot of problems just making simple passes. He was inaccurate making throws between 10-15 yards. I can't forget how many times Tiki would break out into the flat and have his linemen all lined up to block and have Eli throw the ball into the ground or at his feet, thus rendering a possible game breaker useless. How many times were we in the red zone only to have Eli overthrow the receiver by yards!!.

Look, I'm not kissing Romo's ass, I think he's a cocky SOB who got lucky and when he came out first I said he wouldn't be any good. I was wrong about that. The reason why I say he's been better than Eli is that simply put, he has played better, he's made those passes Eli didn't. He didn't have TO all his career either. He has improvised better, he's been more confident, he's won more games. You can't deny this. Up till last year he lost 2 playoff games, up until last year Eli had too and overall he was very poor in those games, he was terrible against carolina.

The reason I say that I want Eli as my quarterback is that Eli has clearly gotten over the hump. Eli was outstanding last Sunday, forget the stats, he control of the offense is what is endearing us to him now. If he keeps this up , he's going to be playing in Pro Bowls and we could have more championships. This is his team and it's built in his image, there's no doubt anymore. And he's possibly going to turn out to be the better QB of the 2.