SportsWrath

Who would you take over Eli Manning right now?

gateb

You know what? Fuck Tony Romo--I really don't care what kind of QB he is.

We have a guy that just won the SB, has awesome chemistry with the offensive players around him, and has actually improved over last year. By every statistical measure so far this year, we really have nothing to complain about--and no other quarterback in the league could get a better record than 4-0 with what we've played (if we can get a guy that can get a 5-0 record after 4 games, then yeah, go for it :P); so even if Montana was available, I wouldn't trade for him.

In a nutshell, it's not broken.

not a big fan of hypotheticals, are ya?

Romo sucks. 6 turnovers in 5 games so far this season. I'd say that is awful. Throw in the fact he has, arguably, the best line in football and, arguably, the best receiver in football. No excuses, it's fucking pathetic and I don't want to hear this comparison to Eli in his early years. Eli didn't have as good a line, Eli didn't get to sit back, learn, and chill for 3 years. Eli didn't have a T.O. caliber receiver. Romo flat out sucks in my opinion.

The turnovers are part of the price you pay for 40 TDs and 450 points each year. He's basically the new Favre -- high-risk, high-reward. Quick -- who lead the NFL in turnovers last year?

The turnovers are part of the price you pay for 40 TDs and 450 points each year. He's basically the new Favre -- high-risk, high-reward. Quick -- who lead the NFL in turnovers last year?

Wonder what Eli's stats would be if the main play that got called was the hail marry? Romo is good, but that offense is run like a Madden game.

Did I say Eli played brilliantly?

You argued that Romo's first two playoff losses were worse than Eli's. That just isn't the case.

Lumping me in with the blind Romo haters here are we? Is it not possible to be critical of an opponents play without being considered a homer?

Or is it more fun to try to be considered the most open minded Giants fan?

Saying Romo was the "sole reason" the Cowboys lost would be a pretty blind assessment of that game. The guy is a really good QB. There's just no two ways about it.

not a big fan of hypotheticals, are ya?

I'm ok with them, I guess, just don't see the purpose of this one.

There might be better QBs, but this one has done everything we've needed, and is a perfect fit for this system. If we got a Peyton (who, at least so far this year, isn't playing at the level he has in the past; so this is yer hypothetical), he can't improve the record; and at best won't screw up the offensive chemistry.

So even if there is a better QB than Manning right now, I wouldn't take him. Eli is obviously the right QB, in the right situation, at the right time. Just like Roethlisberger a few years ago, or Simms in our own distant past.

And how does that reflect poorly on the QB...or the offense for that matter?

It shows clearly that they are one dimensional. If their O is run like a Madden game, they arent very diverse, which is why he turns it over so much. If he was the great QB he's made out to be, he would have better numbers and less turn overs. Who couldnt put up big passing yds when they are flinging it constantly?

who cares? Whos going to lead it this year? My money(no pun intended) is on Romo.

As much as Eli has improved, I need more than a season of this type of play before I say he's better than Romo. I dare say that even with TO out there, Romo would have more success with our wide receivers than Dallas's, we're deeper, have more options. I heard Dallas were thinking of trading for a wideout .

As much as Eli has improved, I need more than a season of this type of play before I say he's better than Romo. I dare say that even with TO out there, Romo would have more success with our wide receivers than Dallas's, we're deeper, have more options. I heard Dallas were thinking of trading for a wideout .

If not this yr, next yr. And I bet it's Ocho Cinco. Did you see the photo shoot with J Jones, T.O. and Chad before the DAL-CIN game? :rolleyes:

It shows clearly that they are one dimensional. If their O is run like a Madden game, they arent very diverse, which is why he turns it over so much. If he was the great QB he's made out to be, he would have better numbers and less turn overs. Who couldnt put up big passing yds when they are flinging it constantly?

They had 1750 rushing yards last year. Their TE led the team in receptions. They attempted fewer passes than we did (529 to 520). That doesn't sound like one-dimensional 'Madden' offense, nor does it suggest that Romo's numbers are inflated. And his numbers are extremely good: 97.1 career QBR, and roughly a third of his passes attempt came while Parcells was the coach...before Jason Garrett ever installed the misappropriately named Madden offense.

And if you guys want to argue that Dallas' offense is so good because of Garrett, fine. But get used to that type of annual productivity because he's going to be there a long time.

They had 1750 rushing yards last year. Their TE led the team in receptions. They attempted fewer passes than we did (529 to 520). That doesn't sound like one-dimensional 'Madden' offense, nor does it suggest that Romo's numbers are inflated. And his numbers are extremely good: 97.1 career QBR, and roughly a third of his passes attempt came while Parcells was the coach...before Jason Garrett ever installed the misappropriately named Madden offense.

And if you guys want to argue that Dallas' offense is so good because of Garrett, fine. But get used to that type of annual productivity because he's going to be there a long time.

I dont care for stats when I can see it all come tumbling down right before my very eyes.

Put Romo on the 49ers or some other shit team and he would be benched in 3 games. Truth of the matter is Romo has a good team around him and he still struggles to do it right. There is more to this T.O. crying than we know. I bet you T.O. knows Romo cant get it done.

From everything I've read is that Dallas is looking at Detroit's Roy Williams, but I wouldn't

expect anything to happen though. Dallas would be an even bigger bitch to defend if they landed

him in a trade.

*sigh* It's not miss appropriately named, yes they run good, but this isn't about their running game, this is about their qb. Maybe I should have said Madden QB instead of Madden offense. :doh:

You like digging up stats, dig the one up that compares Dallas' pass plays of 30 or 40 yards or more to every other team in the nfl.

I dont care for stats when I can see it all come tumbling down right before my very eyes.

Put Romo on the 49ers or some other shit team and he would be benched in 3 games. Truth of the matter is Romo has a good team around him and he still struggles to do it right. There is more to this T.O. crying than we know. I bet you T.O. knows Romo cant get it done.

In all honesty if you put Eli on any other team I think he would be struggling too, both QBs are in really goos systems with a solid online and weapons.

In all honesty if you put Eli on any other team I think he would be struggling too, both QBs are in really goos systems with a solid online and weapons.

I'm talking about Eli's decision making compared to Romo's. Eli knows when to throw it away as opposed to Romo.

I'm talking about Eli's decision making compared to Romo's. Eli knows when to throw it away as opposed to Romo.

Well threw Eli's first three years he probably had the worst decision making of any QB ever...well maybe in the NFL at that time. It wasnt until recently Eli has started to make the better decisions and ball security.

*sigh* It's not miss appropriately named, yes they run good, but this isn't about their running game, this is about their qb. Maybe I should have said Madden QB instead of Madden offense. :doh:

You like digging up stats, dig the one up that compares Dallas' pass plays of 30 or 40 yards or more to every other team in the nfl.

Are you asking for passing plays of 30+ yards, or passes attempted 30+ yards past the LOS? There's a monumental difference. I assume your hypothesis is that Dallas attempts more downfield throws than any other team, but I'm asking just to be clear.

That said, if your hypothesis proves to be true, I think that reflects positively on Romo. They have the confidence in him to connect on those deep passes, and he obviously does so adeptly. Hence his top-notch TD and YPA numbers. Obviously he does things that other QBs can't do, otherwise every team would replicate the Madden offense.

But Witten's production -- notably leading the team receptions both this year and last year -- would seemingly belie the idea that Dallas is a hail mary offense.

Well threw Eli's first three years he probably had the worst decision making of any QB ever...well maybe in the NFL at that time. It wasnt until recently Eli has started to make the better decisions and ball security.

right, but I'm not talking about Eli then. We are debating Eli and Romo now. Eli has played more than Romo, but Romo has been around just as long, I think.