SportsWrath

Shockey on the way out?

Sephiroth

I saw the Rosenhaus article yesterday but really came to no conclusions on it. I don't think there was much substance but the first article is very interesting. If this is true, he will be in a different uniform next year. I still don't know if a second rounder is worth it.

I saw the Rosenhaus article yesterday but really came to no conclusions on it. I don't think there was much substance but the first article is very interesting. If this is true, he will be in a different uniform next year. I still don't know if a second rounder is worth it.
I think that we have to put our trust in our GM who is very intelligent about football. In any event, within 8 days we will probably have the answer to the Shockey question.

Which is why I never pay attention to any rumors.. especially around this time. All these smoke-screens are just that..

And why do people ask agents and GMs about players when they know they will never get a straight answer? Oh I know.. so they can have something to write about... nothing.. Just like my response in this thread... it's nothing nothing I tell ya :rolleyes:

He wa a glorified WR under Gentlemen Jim Fassel, fuck him this staff made him a better TE. IF 60+ catches and 5-8 tds are not enough in the 14 games he plays(as he always misses at least 2) then fuck off. You are 27, nver won a postseason game as a player and do a ton of bitching, either get with the program or fuck off.

Seriously fellas, think about the details here: He was making demands that his role with the team be changed or else while the team was still fighting for a playoff berth and he was no longer playing due to yet another injury. That says all you need to know about this idiot. He's as dumb as a box of rocks.

He wa a glorified WR under Gentlemen Jim Fassel, fuck him this staff made him a better TE. IF 60+ catches and 5-8 tds are not enough in the 14 games he plays(as he always misses at least 2) then fuck off. You are 27, nver won a postseason game as a player and do a ton of bitching, either get with the program or fuck off.

Right on....Right on!

A lot of this talk is just offseason gossip and hot air ......i still reckon it's a 70/30 chance in favour of Shockster being a Giant next year and i certainly dont want to see him go to NO ( who will be a serious competitor for us in the NFC next year )

What are we going to get in a trade anyway .....a 2nd round pick ( hardly a good deal for an All Pro TE ! ) .

And if you think Kevin Boss is any more than a raw rookie with a good catch in the Superbowl .....you may be disappointed.

Hopefully Reese knows what he's doing here.

Keep #80 (IMHO)

A lot of this talk is just offseason gossip and hot air ......i still reckon it's a 70/30 chance in favour of Shockster being a Giant next year and i certainly dont want to see him go to NO ( who will be a serious competitor for us in the NFC next year )

What are we going to get in a trade anyway .....a 2nd round pick ( hardly a good deal for an All Pro TE ! ) .

And if you think Kevin Boss is any more than a raw rookie with a good catch in the Superbowl .....you may be disappointed.

Keep #80 (IMHO)

Boss was a raw rookie last year. But I remember that they sent Pope to check him out before the draft last year--that's not too common. IMO Boss was drafted to replace Shockey next season. So if this happens, it will only mean it happens a year early.

Keep #80 (IMHO)

Noboyd wants Shockey to go, but if the info in the first link is true, we are better off without him. Everyone on the team adjusted themselves to benefit the team, even the head coach, only Shockey didn't (if the first link is true). If he was bitching about his role on the team because he had to actually play tight end instead of receiver, then he can go. Shockey has been my favorite player, but I find that I enjoy watching the guys win the super bowl,. and if sacrificing Shockey means we can win another one in the next few years, buh by.

I do however agree we should not trade him just to get rid of him. if we don;t get a deal that is basically a can't refuse deal, then keep him and see if he can keep his pie hole shut and learn a thing or two from Plax.

I see us using a lot of 2 tight end formations next year, because Boss's blocking isn't good, Matthews is going to get some more playing time that's for sure.

yes Matthews is a good blocker, though he seems to have trouble as a pass catcher, paricularly with the pass hat hits him between the 8's.

If Shockey is pulling the "I'm going to sit out next season" shit, then he needs to go. Last thing we need is another big mouth Tiki on this team. He's me me me...I dont want to block all the time, ect.

We've won it without Shockey once before, we can certainly do it again without them but that is stating the obvious. He does bring a lot too this offense but it is Eli's team now and I don't think any one of us want to see Shockey raise his arms in disgust if there is an arrant thrown ball.

If Shockey is pulling the "I'm going to sit out next season" shit, then he needs to go. Last thing we need is another big mouth Tiki on this team. He's me me me...I dont want to block all the time, ect.

Tiki wasn't a big mouth, he just opened it at the wrong time once. OK, maybe twice. But he never complained about blocking.

I've had enough of all the talk and rumors. If Shockey doesn't like his role and doesn't think it's an honor to be on the Giants....then fuck him.

My only concern: that we get justly compensated from whatever team he goes to. I like the original Saints offer (2nd rd pick plus Roman Harper), but I'd be happy with another 2nd round pick and possibly next year's first round pick. Shockey is a very valuable player for the right team and that's a reasonable offer

I've had enough of all the talk and rumors. If Shockey doesn't like his role and doesn't think it's an honor to be on the Giants....then fuck him.

My only concern: that we get justly compensated from whatever team he goes to. I like the original Saints offer (2nd rd pick plus Roman Harper), but I'd be happy with another 2nd round pick and possibly next year's first round pick. Shockey is a very valuable player for the right team and that's a reasonable offer

You're right Bleedin, it's a fine offer. Here's the problem. Everybody is fucking talking now. Reese, the newspapers, Friends of Shockey, and all of this reduce his trade value and as it gets closer to the draft it gets lower. The only way we can get more for him is if we shop him around, but right now it looks like the Saints only. And if he really said this about his role, then he's coming off as a me first player and some teams won't deal with him.

It was been talked about on NFL radio yesterday about the Harper deal, and the consensus was that the Saints would be dumb to give up Harper. They shoild go at most 2nd rounder with a conditional pick next year, based on his playing time and performance, which seems like the smart way to go.