SportsWrath

Shockey on the way out?

Sephiroth

Looks like the Seahawks are interested too...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football...my_shockey.html

If the Giants decide to trade Jeremy Shockey this week, it won't necessarily be to the Saints.

Whether the Saints or Seahawks up the ante between now and the start of the draft on Saturday will likely determine whether the Giants make the bold move to dump the 27-year-old Shockey, who has been expressing his frustrations with the Giants to his friends this offseason. According to team sources, the Giants aren't actively trying to trade him, but they are listening to offers and have discussed the possibility.

Some in the organization are convinced Shockey will be traded before the first day of the draft is over, although most sources have indicated it could go either way, depending on how high the offers go.

One source also indicated that other teams have expressed an interest in Shockey, although none more than the Seahawks and Saints. The source did not say who those teams were, but one possibility is the Atlanta Falcons, who are looking to replace tight end Alge Crumpler. The Falcons, by the way, have three second-round picks (34th, 37th and 48th).

Shockey has been telling friends he wants to go to the Saints, where he would be reunited with former Giants offensive coordinator Sean Payton - New Orleans' head coach - and play in a more tight end-friendly offense. But Seattle could be an intriguing destination, too. Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren likes to feature the tight end in his offense, but he had little luck in recent years with the troubled and drop-prone Jerramy Stevens, who was on the Bucs in 2007. Holmgren is looking for an upgrade over 36-year-old Marcus Pollard, who reportedly agreed to a contract with the Pats last night.

Meanwhile, back at Giants Stadium, the guy who would replace Shockey on the Giants - second-year pro Kevin Boss - didn't sound thrilled with the idea at all.

"He'll be back," Boss said. "I've got a lot more to learn from him. He's been a great mentor. Obviously he's a better player than me. He can do some things I can't yet."

Boss also said "I think we're all confident (Shockey) wants to come back," but he admitted he has not talked directly to Shockey about that. Giants GM Jerry Reese and quarterback Eli Manning have also expressed their hope and belief that Shockey wants to return, although they didn't know for sure, either.

Shockey hasn't commented publicly on the subject, though he has told many people that he is frustrated with his role in the offense, upset at how it was portrayed that the Giants' Super Bowl run began when he broke his leg in Week 15, and is worried about getting the blame next season if things go wrong for the team. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, has told the Giants he is interested in re-doing Shockey's deal, even though he has four years left on a five-year, $26.3 million extension.

Rosenhaus, in a recent TV appearance, did not deny that Shockey is unhappy and wants to be traded. He said only that Shockey's feelings are "something that we've communicated to the Giants and the ball's going to be in their court."

A further piece of evidence about what was wrong with Fassel's teams as well. I don't think it's an accident that the only ones standing from that period are Toomer, Osi, and Seubert. Strahan was drafted before Fassel. Toomer spent some time in Fassel's dog house. Osi was a rookie in 2003, if I remember correctly.

Fassel holdovers are Suebert, Osi(drafted in Fassels last year), Diehl, Shockey, Strahan,

Bullshit? I doubt it. You honestly don't think the Giants are listening to offers?

Do you mean "arent" listening to offers? What do you think we're gonna get for him? Unless we get starters from a team its not worth it. Draft picks dont go as far as a solid starter in the NFL.

Do you mean "arent" listening to offers? What do you think we're gonna get for him? Unless we get starters from a team its not worth it. Draft picks dont go as far as a solid starter in the NFL.

You don't know that until a few years down the road when you have a good idea of what you've got from those draft picks.

You don't know that until a few years down the road when you have a good idea of what you've got from those draft picks.

Why wait when we have a pro-bowl starter now? If he's a problem after this year, fine get rid of him. But for now he deserves to be on this team.

Well, if he put aren't in there, that would make it a double negative....and thus, it would make no sense.

Note: putting "it wouldn't make no sense" would also constitute a double negative, and similarly wouldn't make any sense.

Why wait when we have a pro-bowl starter now? If he's a problem after this year, fine get rid of him. But for now he deserves to be on this team.

I understand this. I want Shockey to stay but as I've said IF these rumors are true about him crying about his role on the team than he can go. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they are true, he's complained about his role in the offense in the past.

Well, if he put aren't in there, that would make it a double negative....and thus, it would make no sense.

Note: putting "it wouldn't make no sense" would also constitute a double negative, and similarly wouldn't make any sense.

Thanks Motes.

You honestly don't think the Giants are listening to offers?

This sentence is asking if i think they are listening to offers. When clearly he meant to ask me if I thought they werent. Now if he said, "You honestly don't think the Giants arent not listening to offers?" That would be a double negative.

This is going to happen, 19.99 jerseys at Modells come Sunday. Oh well, sayonara. Its not like he won anything here and obviously was a terrible me first guy.

I agree, I told a professor of mine (huge Giants fan) that Shockey will be gone by Friday

night and someones first round pick will be compensation.

Yeah...I just saw an old version of "Hey, Rookie" show on NFL network. And it just amazes me how this coaching doesn't fucking know how to send a freaking TE up the seem. What a waste of talent...

Like I said, its not like he went from 74 catches to 20, his production went down minimally while he manned the TE position like a TE is supposed to, yet his TD numbers and blocking were better. If shockey wants to catch passes at an alarming rate his should lose 25 pounds and become a WR. Bye Bye Shockey.

Like I said, its not like he went from 74 catches to 20, his production went down minimally while he manned the TE position like a TE is supposed to, yet his TD numbers and blocking were better. If shockey wants to catch passes at an alarming rate his should lose 25 pounds and become a WR. Bye Bye Shockey.

Exactly and he runs alot of seam passes, not sure what Nem is talking about.

I guess if you believe something so strongly, it will always be right. ;)

started 16 games at RT in his rookie year. Probably the most consistent O linemen in that awful year

He started 16 games in 2003, but wasn't it RG? I'm pretty sure he was moved to RT fulltime in 2004. Anyway, I did forget him, although I don't think of him as a star under Fassel.