SportsWrath

Thanks, Tiki

mickeef2

I'm not arguing. I'm just standing up. But thanks daddy Lug.

ok but next time I am send you two to your room and if that don't work I will make you stand in the living room and you will have to hug each other for 15 minutes ...... without copping a feel.

ok but next time I am send you two to your room and if that don't work I will make you stand in the living room and you will have to hug each other for 15 minutes ...... without copping a feel.

:TU: agreed. But only if he wears that wig again.

Enough Tiki bashing. Some of you guys are too dumb (no offense) to see past the bs of the media. The media creates this story by taking Tiki's comments out of context. On the same radio show, Tiki was complimentary overall of Eli. On the NBC interview where he supposedly "bashed" Eli, again, Tiki was complimentary overall. The media (ESPN) grabs one quote out of context and runs a story with a headline like "Tiki Slams Eli". It's BS. Then Eli feels he has to respond to it and there's another story. Guess what? ESPN wins, because now they have created a feud that wasn't there and they have a story to write about. There is nothing wrong with anything Tiki has said. Coughlin was a dickhead before this year. Players hated him in Jacksonville and they eventually had to get rid of him because the players didn't want to play for him, and free agents didn't want to come to J-ville, either. He did the same thing in NY. Damn, Strahan was critical of Coughlin, too when he got fined for being only 5 minutes early to a meeting. Another thing, Tiki has ALWAYS given credit to Coughlin with helping him in his career and his fumbling problem. But another thing, Tiki is mostly responsible for his excellence. He was a hard worker, always came to play in impeccable shape, played hurt, was pretty durable, and studied his opponent religiously. To hate on Tiki now is a slap in the face to one of the greatest Giants of all time. When Tiki is asked a question, he gives an honest answer. I like that. I'm tired of all the friggin' cliches athletes always use to avoid an answer.

Tiki said in his book, "Tom Coughlin stole my joy of playing football." So? Coughlin changed his ways this year to be more player friendly. If his approach was so great, why did he change? He changed a year to late, though. Everybody knew Coughlin was a jerk in years past. I have no problem with what Tiki said and blame Coughlin, not Tiki. Coughlin should've treated Tiki like the veteran professional that he was, instead of treating him like a rookie kid like he did ALL his players in years past. But again Tiki has ALWAYS given the credit to TC for helping him turn his career around. Tiki also said that when he turned over the rah-rah responsibilities to Eli, it was like he didn't feel comfortable with it and it looked kind of comical. Again so what. I can see what he's saying. It's Opie who rarely shows emotion. He shouldn't be the rah-rah leader. He also said that he was inconsistent and still needed to prove that he could be a leader on the team (paraphrase). HE WAS and DID! What the media didn't bother to report is that IMMEDIATELY after he said this he also said he believed that Eli could do it and would do it. Overall, Eli has been complementary of Eli. But the media only takes the negative stuff out and throws it in your face. It's the media that is being the asshole, not Tiki. What is he supposed to say, "Yeah Eli is a clear Pro Bowler and the Giants will definitely have a dynasty with him leading the way." Eli had not shown that to be the case at that point and still hasn't. This year his rating is right there with Joey friggin' Harrington. He's asked a question, he gives a straight answer. That used to be respectable. Eli should say, "he's right, I'm working very hard to become that leader and improve my game." But the media doesn't give Eli the full context of what Tiki said either, so he feels jilted when there was none intended. Back off of Tiki and think for yourselves for a minute.

Enough Tiki bashing. Some of you guys are too dumb (no offense) to see past the bs of the media. The media creates this story by taking Tiki's comments out of context....... When Tiki is asked a question, he gives an honest answer. I like that. I'm tired of all the friggin' cliches athletes always use to avoid an answer.

Tiki said in his book, "Tom Coughlin stole my joy of playing football." So? Coughlin changed his ways this year to be more player friendly. If his approach was so great, why did he change? He changed a year to late, though. ........to Eli, it was like he didn't feel comfortable with it and it looked kind of comical. Again so what. I can see what he's saying. It's Opie who rarely shows emotion. He shouldn't be the rah-rah leader. He also said that he was inconsistent and still needed to prove that he could be a leader on the team (paraphrase). HE WAS and DID! What the media didn't bother to report is that IMMEDIATELY after he said this he also said he believed that Eli could do it and would do it. Overall, Eli has been complementary of Eli. But the media only takes the negative stuff out and throws it in your face. It's the media that is being the asshole, not Tiki. What is he supposed to say, "Yeah Eli is a clear Pro Bowler and the Giants will definitely have a dynasty with him leading the way." Eli had not shown that to be the case at that point and still hasn't. This year his rating is right there with Joey friggin' Harrington. He's asked a question, he gives a straight answer. That used to be respectable. Eli should say, "he's right, I'm working very hard to become that leader and improve my game." But the media doesn't give Eli the full context of what Tiki said either, so he feels jilted when there was none intended. Back off of Tiki and think for yourselves for a minute.

:clap:

Excellent. Well put.

The whole "Tiki was a cancer" is so fucking ridiculous. If this team is finally coming together, then it's about fucking time. You take Tiki off the team the last few years and we're picking in the top 3 every year. Jerry Rice is a dick, Deion Sanders is a dick, Michael Irwin is a dick. Would you like me to list other hall of famers who are dicks.............how long have we??

The whole "Tiki was a cancer" is so fucking ridiculous. If this team is finally coming together, then it's about fucking time. You take Tiki off the team the last few years and we're picking in the top 3 every year. Jerry Rice is a dick, Deion Sanders is a dick, Michael Irwin is a dick. Would you like me to list other hall of famers who are dicks.............how long have we??

They were dicks, but they were never sniping in the media or to

their teammates and coaches.

Both facts are true. Tiki was an integral part of the Giant's success and he was a negative influence in the locker room.

Tiki is one of my all-time favorite players. But I'm really starting to believe he was a locker room cancer.

I classify Tiki with the likes of Deon Sanders and Shanon Sharpe... awesome/good/decent football players but pieces of shit when it comes to everything else in life... to steal a line from TBCvp; I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

However it seems like no one seems to remember the former.

What's that saying about doing all these great things in life.. but you suck a dick once and you're a cock-sucker? ... Tiki is a cock sucker.

What's that saying about doing all these great things in life.. but you suck a dick once and you're a cock-sucker? ... Tiki is a cock sucker.

Was he a dick for airing dirt? Yes. Was anything he said untrue? No. Does that change the fact that he basically carried the team for two years? It shouldn't, but it seems like most Giants fans want to hold a grudge rather than revel in the fact that we've just won our first playoff game in 7 years. Come on. It's becoming childish.

Was he a dick for airing dirt? Yes. Was anything he said untrue? No. Does that change the fact that he basically carried the team for two years? It shouldn't, but it seems like most Giants fans want to hold a grudge rather than revel in the fact that we've just won our first playoff game in 7 years. Come on. It's becoming childish.

Just like every Giants fan, I celebrated our win today. I appreciate every athlete that puts on that blue jersey and wear it with class and dignity. Tiki was served by the Giants.. they drafted him and gave him that OL that opened holes for him. There's no grudge on my part; I just happened to see what a self-serving, self-centered, back-stabbing piece of shit Tiki is... that's all.

Both facts are true. Tiki was an integral part of the Giant's success and he was a negative influence in the locker room.

Tiki had nothing to do with Strahan talking about Plax and blasting reporters, Shockey blasting the coaches to the media, Shockey and Burress throwing their arms up at Eli, Pierce talking shit to the press. Yes Tiki probably caused some problems, but everybody forgets he clearly wasn't the only one.

i can't wait till jacobs breaks his records in a couple of years (he'll be elite for more than just 3 years btw) and everyone forgets him

I haven't forgotten Joe Morris and Rodney Hampton or OJ Anderson. Why should I?.

You can't take away what the guy did for us overall.

Tiki had nothing to do with Strahan talking about Plax and blasting reporters, Shockey blasting the coaches to the media, Shockey and Burress throwing their arms up at Eli, Pierce talking shit to the press. Yes Tiki probably caused some problems, but everybody forgets he clearly wasn't the only one.

And if we forget about players for their off the field habits...lets not forget about that L.T. guy who used to do drugs like it was candy.