SportsWrath

Thanks, Tiki

mickeef2

I don't have a problem, I just write what I see.

Personally, I'm over Tiki and could care less what he says at this point

during the season.

Media creates? Isn't Tiki part of the media?

Yes, Tiki is part of the media. So it's his job to answer questions that might not ordinarily be posed to former Giants players. However, in this particular case (the Eli comments) the specific part of the media that took his comments out of context was ESPN, not Eli. Perhaps Foxsports as well but I specifically remember ESPN blowing it up and then sticking a microphone in front of Eli's face about it, among others, when in actuality, the totality of what he said was generally complimentary toward Eli. In short, ESPN packaged some quotes taken out of context in a negative light and served it up to Eli, probably because they didn't have that much to write about that day.

For the record, I regret using the "too dumb" comment. I should've said that some people didn't see the segment in question and therefore are forming an opinion without having all the pertinent information. But I didn't single anyone out. I have a lot of respect for the vast majority of the posters' on this board's intelligence.

Kumbaya.

Well you didn't read my "novella" but want to criticize the comments you didn't read?

Absolutely, especially if you start the post calling all other opinions "dumb." A parenthetical "no offense" is merely damage control. Why should I respect the rest of the post?

I do have answers for your questions:

1) You correctly stated that Tiki IS part of the media now. Who knows if Petitgout HAS said things or not. If he did, nobody would know, because nobody really cares what a big left tackle has to say on the Tampa Bay Bucs. People care what Tiki says because he is a star and is in the national spotlight. If you had read my earlier post, you would see that Tiki's "comments" are being taken out of context. He has been complimentary of Manning overall and has given credit to Coughlin for helping him. The media is creating the story by taking blurbs out of context and baiting Manning and the fans, and it has worked. Secondly, Tiki's job is to answer questions honestly and provide analysis. That is his job now. If what he said was untruthful, I would condemn him just like you.

You don't think the evil, NY media hasn't tried to pick that scab with Petitgout every chance it got? How about this week? They have, he's been quoted, and there was nothing negative to the level Tiki used. And as I've said, he has greater reason to be negative than Tiki ever had.

Using phrases like "comical" is valid analysis? Journalism is truly sinking if you believe that.

2) What kind of question is this? And who cares if they do or don't? Players move on with the other 52 guys in the locker room anyways. There is no point to this question.

You don't find it strange that not only is he not mentioned, but when the press brings him up there is a degree of contempt in the responses?

3) Look at Amani's quote. That is exactly why you should question the media, not Tiki. Even Amani was puzzled because it seemingly wasn't like Tiki and he said he thought they were friends. It's a media thing, specifically ESPN that made something out of nothing. Amani got duped just like everyone else who didn't watch the segment on NBC where the comments were made.

As I mentioned before, you're right. I should never question Tiki. Ever. I was going to start work on the shrine tonight, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow, and just drive over to the Today studio tonight so I can blow him in the morning.

Or maybe Tiki used a supposed friend to advance his career. But no, that would be blasphemy...

As far as the other question about the "unnamed player"... it is foolhearty to just assume that the unnamed player was the same person every time. Additionally, your suggestion that because Tiki is gone now and supposedly that practice has stopped, that it is obviously because Tiki is no longer there. Need I remind you there are plenty of other players that were part of the 2006 team that are not on the currrent team. Doesn't have to be Tiki. Also, could it be that those issues are not as much of a concern this year because Tom Coughlin changed his style and now treats his players like professionals instead of kids that need to be micromanaged? Very possible.

But as I've been reminded by fellow "Cult of Tiki" members, they were talking, too; and were quoted AS THEMSELVES.

Strahan has also said that Coughlin is the last coach he'll play for, saying it in a manner which made it clear that he respected the man, and he said that before he ever set foot in the stadium this year. Pierce never had a problem with him, as most of the other players that have come in since his arrival feel.

So how much of this "change of style" had more to do with dealing with the press than anything else?

Lastly, about the O-line, Deihl's emergence at LT alone has improved the O-line from this year to last. Petitgout, when fully healthy, was pretty good but if you remember missed the entire 2nd half of last season. He also made too many penalties but I digress. We had old-ass Bob Whitfield at LT for the 2nd half starting and he sucked big time. And Tiki STILL dominated. I give a lot of credit to the offensive line THIS YEAR for being a better unit than last year. But yes, I will agree that the offensive line was still good last year and of course contributed greatly to Tiki's success. However, you're not suggesting that Jacobs, Ward, and Bradshaw are Tiki's equal, are you? Because Tiki stayed healthy, unlike the other 3 have, caught passes out of the backfield consistently (unlike Jacobs in particular) AND blocked well. In short, it has taken 3 players this year to replace ONE Tiki of last year. And that's not to slight our boys that are doing the job now. I love those guys and they are doing a great job. But Tiki is an all-time great.

Nonsense. This Oline has been nearly completely intact since 2005--minus injuries to Petitgout. The right side, where most of Tiki's big runs came from, hasn't changed AT ALL. In fact, Petitgout was having one of his best seasons last year before the injury. Ignoring the false starts because we are talking strictly about play performance here, I don't see any substantial improvement in runblocking between 2005, 2006(pre-Whitfield, of course), and 2007. That's because it's been one of the better Olines in the league over that time. Even if you consider Diehl a better blocker than Petitigout (which I don't--he's on par in execution, without the penalties and injuries), you have to consider Diehl was Petitigout's guard last year, and Diehl has Seubert--that's not an upgrade.

Whitfield sucked, and Barber's YPC reflected that in the second half of the year. So what was the point?

Even the 2004 line was a lot better than its press: It's runblocking was just fine, and the sacks dropped off considerably once Warner hit the bench. Ian Allen was a long time ago, but you'd think Tiki toiled with him over his last three years...

Pure rushing--the group is Tiki's equal. It's the receiving that needs work. And even that's more on Jacobs than Ward--too early to tell with Bradshaw. In fact, I like it better this way than last year: our running game and offense doesn't fall apart when one player is injured, which was always a risk when Tiki was the show. And no, I'm not faulting Tiki for that; I just don't need to twitch as much when one of those guys gets up a little slow as I did when Tiki went down.

I think you think that because of that though I am dismissing the criticism being directed at him. I'm dismissing the criticism because it's unwarranted and unfounded. It has nothing to do with how great Tiki was when he played. I never have a problem with honesty. There is nothing wrong with what Tiki has said and his comments again should be evaluated with the full context, which you and his other critics have not done.

Unwarranted and unfounded? Did he say what he said? Did he write what he wrote? That's more like denial of the fact our football god is a media whore.

But you guys are right: He's better than Jim Brown. I should feel shame admiring guys like Joe Morris and Rodney Hampton.

If you're suggesting that Jacobs will be his superior then I think you are mistaken. Jacobs most reminds me of Eddie George with his physical upright style. Because of that style, Eddie battled injury and eventual ineffectiveness due to being worn down. We've seen B-Jac miss a lot of games just this year because of the pounding he takes. I personally don't believe Jacobs will be able to sustain his career long enough at a high enough level to eclipse Tiki's accomplishments because of the beating he takes, and he will never be the receiver that Tiki was. Bradshaw has a better chance at besting Tiki's marks rather than Jacobs.

eddie george wasn't half bad and some would argue was better than tiki. just because jacobs is a big guy doesn't automatically mean he runs like eddie george. also, tiki had a shortened career so we arent talking about emmitt smith's records here, it's not like jacobs needs to be an elite player for 8 yeras, tiki was only one for 3. i like bradshaw too--a LOT. but jacobs is the superior player and will be taking away carries during the duration of bradshaw's tenure w/ the giants. when was the last time tiki had two tds in a palyoff game? jacobs just scored one more td today than tiki has in his whole playoff career. tiki was a good plalyer but the guy won't even get in the hall of fame, it's not out of the question to say jacobs will be better especially since he's WAY WAY WAY further along than tiki was by his 3rd year

Absolutely, especially if you start the post calling all other opinions "dumb." A parenthetical "no offense" is merely damage control. Why should I respect the rest of the post?

You don't think the evil, NY media hasn't tried to pick that scab with Petitgout every chance it got? How about this week? They have, he's been quoted, and there was nothing negative to the level Tiki used. And as I've said, he has greater reason to be negative than Tiki ever had.

Using phrases like "comical" is valid analysis? Journalism is truly sinking if you believe that.

You don't find it strange that not only is he not mentioned, but when the press brings him up there is a degree of contempt in the responses?

As I mentioned before, you're right. I should never question Tiki. Ever. I was going to start work on the shrine tonight, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow, and just drive over to the Today studio tonight so I can blow him in the morning.

Or maybe Tiki used a supposed friend to advance his career. But no, that would be blasphemy...

But as I've been reminded by fellow "Cult of Tiki" members, they were talking, too; and were quoted AS THEMSELVES.

Strahan has also said that Coughlin is the last coach he'll play for, saying it in a manner which made it clear that he respected the man, and he said that before he ever set foot in the stadium this year. Pierce never had a problem with him, as most of the other players that have come in since his arrival feel.

So how much of this "change of style" had more to do with dealing with the press than anything else?

Nonsense. This Oline has been nearly completely intact since 2005--minus injuries to Petitgout. The right side, where most of Tiki's big runs came from, hasn't changed AT ALL. In fact, Petitgout was having one of his best seasons last year before the injury. Ignoring the false starts because we are talking strictly about play performance here, I don't see any substantial improvement in runblocking between 2005, 2006(pre-Whitfield, of course), and 2007. That's because it's been one of the better Olines in the league over that time. Even if you consider Diehl a better blocker than Petitigout (which I don't--he's on par in execution, without the penalties and injuries), you have to consider Diehl was Petitigout's guard last year, and Diehl has Seubert--that's not an upgrade.

Whitfield sucked, and Barber's YPC reflected that in the second half of the year. So what was the point?

Even the 2004 line was a lot better than its press: It's runblocking was just fine, and the sacks dropped off considerably once Warner hit the bench. Ian Allen was a long time ago, but you'd think Tiki toiled with him over his last three years...

Pure rushing--the group is Tiki's equal. It's the receiving that needs work. And even that's more on Jacobs than Ward--too early to tell with Bradshaw. In fact, I like it better this way than last year: our running game and offense doesn't fall apart when one player is injured, which was always a risk when Tiki was the show. And no, I'm not faulting Tiki for that; I just don't need to twitch as much when one of those guys gets up a little slow as I did when Tiki went down.

Unwarranted and unfounded? Did he say what he said? Did he write what he wrote? That's more like denial of the fact our football god is a media whore.

But you guys are right: He's better than Jim Brown. I should feel shame admiring guys like Joe Morris and Rodney Hampton.

:rolleyes:

A lot of assumptions in this last post. And yes, if you saw the complete segment and how he said what he said, you wouldn't think that he was slamming Eli. I did, you didn't, and hence your opinion is founded on incomplete information. You make valid points about how you prefer the rushing attack this year to last. However, given that the same players were there with Tiki with the exception of Bradshaw, you shouldn't have needed to worry so much if Tiki got up a little gimpy, then, right? Unless it was because you knew Tiki was significantly better than the guys behind him. I categorically disagree that the offensive line was as good as it's been this year. This has definitely been their best year together. And this year's group has played more as a cohesive unit. Not saying that they weren't good in years past, they have been, but this has been their best year easily. The mere lack of injuries on the starting OL has made this unit the best it's been in years past alone.

Incorrect. Tiki's YPC average was 4.8 in games with Petitgout (first 8 games) and 5.3 YPC after his injury. I can tell that most of your argument is based on similar assumptions about Tiki off the field that are likewise incorrect. What's even more amazing about that stat is that the second half is where Eli played his worst ball, and Tiki was statistically better even with a worse passing game and with a 2nd string LT. And you are seriously not comparing Ward and Bradshaw to the receiving threat Tiki was, are you? You are talking about the Giants career receiving leader when he retired. For crying out loud, Bradshaw is still a rook. And I'm being the homer?

Also, I agree with you that the group is Tiki's equal. It has taken all 3 players to replace Tiki, like I said before. And I'm not saying don't question Tiki, but don't ignore the answers either. If you're going to question him, at least look at all the information to see where he's coming from, instead of taking the spoon-fed ESPN answer.

Btw, Tiki has also said on numerous occasions that he has a great deal of respect for Tom Coughlin as well, but you didn't read that in your ESPN article, did you?

eddie george wasn't half bad and some would argue was better than tiki. just because jacobs is a big guy doesn't automatically mean he runs like eddie george. also, tiki had a shortened career so we arent talking about emmitt smith's records here, it's not like jacobs needs to be an elite player for 8 yeras, tiki was only one for 3. i like bradshaw too--a LOT. but jacobs is the superior player and will be taking away carries during the duration of bradshaw's tenure w/ the giants. when was the last time tiki had two tds in a palyoff game? jacobs just scored one more td today than tiki has in his whole playoff career. tiki was a good plalyer but the guy won't even get in the hall of fame, it's not out of the question to say jacobs will be better especially since he's WAY WAY WAY further along than tiki was by his 3rd year

Bingo, add to the fact that when Jacobs had his opportunity to shine, he did.

When Tiki had it 1998....he was beat out by Gary Brown.

Had it in 1999 too....he was beat out by Joe Montgomery who had a whopping 348 yards.

It was only the threat of losing his job to Ron Dayne that Tiki started to act like the

high draft pick he was.

Btw, Tiki has also said on numerous occasions that he has a great deal of respect for Tom Coughlin as well, but you didn't read that in your ESPN article, did you

As he should.

Who do you think got him that nice and cozy seat on the Today Show?

If it weren't for Tom Coughlin saving his career from fumbilities, we

wouldn't be having this conversation.

I referenced Eddie George because of his running style. Eddie George was an upright runner who was also very physical, like Brandon Jacobs. It reduced his effectiveness as his career went on. Not only that, but year after year George got worse and worse as the pounding continued to take its toll. I similarly worry about B-Jac taking the same kind of punishment and how that will effect his ability as the years wear on. If anyone thinks George was better than Tiki, they are an idiot. Tiki had a couple of the best seasons in the history of the NFL in terms of yards from scrimmage, only one better I believe was by Marshall Faulk. Tiki was elite for more than 3 seasons. He has six 1000 yard plus seasons, to go with a hell of a lot of receiving yards in those years as well. They had similar rushing totals (George with 10,441 yards to Tiki's 10449 yards) only it took Eddie 9 seasons and over 600(!) more carries to get his than it did for Tiki in really just 6 seasons (given he didn't start his first 3). George's BEST season in YPC was 4.1, worse than Tiki's worse season as the starter. Eddie George has a career YPC of 3.6, to Tiki's 4.7. And of course, Eddie never put of the numbers Tiki did in the passing game. It is not even a comparison.

You are likely right about Tiki not getting into the hall of fame, but if he had played one more season, he probably would've made it. If TC wasn't such a douchebag the last couple of years, he would've likely be playing still and made it. Also, not fair to compare Tiki by his third year because the Giants were still messing around with the Ron Dayne experiment.

Is it really fair to judge Eddie George and Tiki Barber? Two different style of backs

and two totally different schemes they were in. When Eddie George was with the Titans

that was the proverbial "3 yards and a clout of dust" system. It was George and Frank

Wycheck for years in Tennessee.

Is it really fair to judge Eddie George and Tiki Barber? Two different style of backs

and two totally different schemes they were in. When Eddie George was with the Titans

that was the proverbial "3 yards and a clout of dust" system. It was George and Frank

Wycheck for years in Tennessee.

I'm comparing them because AdmiralAwesome said about George "some would argue was better than Tiki." Regardless of scheme, George was not as versatile, explosive, nor the receiver that Barber was, nor did he carry that offense like Tiki had the past three seasons in terms of percentage of offensive output. It's laughable to make the comparison yes, but in part because Tiki far and away was much better.

I'm comparing them because AdmiralAwesome said about George "some would argue was better than Tiki." Regardless of scheme, George was not as versatile, explosive, nor the receiver that Barber was, nor did he carry that offense like Tiki had the past three seasons in terms of percentage of offensive output. It's laughable to make the comparison yes, but in part because Tiki far and away was much better.

Your right, he carried that team for 4 seasons.

A lot of assumptions in this last post. And yes, if you saw the complete segment and how he said what he said, you wouldn't think that he was slamming Eli. I did, you didn't, and hence your opinion is founded on incomplete information.

I did. And I read the transcript. And I'm not talking solely about one incident. You may have noticed that there have been more than one.

I also listened to "The Barber Shop" after Manning responded. Him and his brother giggling like two little girls...

You make valid points about how you prefer the rushing attack this year to last. However, given that the same players were there with Tiki with the exception of Bradshaw, you shouldn't have needed to worry so much if Tiki got up a little gimpy, then, right? Unless it was because you knew Tiki was significantly better than the guys behind him. I categorically disagree that the offensive line was as good as it's been this year. This has definitely been their best year together. And this year's group has played more as a cohesive unit. Not saying that they weren't good in years past, they have been, but this has been their best year easily. The mere lack of injuries on the starting OL has made this unit the best it's been in years past alone.

Name me a long term-injury on the Oline in 2005, Tiki's best year. Whitfield played a couple games, and did so competently that year. It was last year that Whitfield's tank went dry.

Jacobs was an unknown last year--as was Ward. Jacobs only had any substantial time in the Colts game, in which he stood out, by the way. But he wasn't really used for any length of time afterwards, so there was no way of knowing whether he could carry the load long term or not. That was the worry going into this season, if you'll recall. Ward wound up on IR last year (or maybe the year before--I forget and at this point don't really care). Either way, we only really saw him in preseason and kick returns. Bradshaw came on this team this offseason. Being wary about unknown quantities is not the same as saying that the known quantity is significantly better. It simply means you have no way of knowing.

Incorrect. Tiki's YPC average was 4.8 in games with Petitgout (first 8 games) and 5.3 YPC after his injury. I can tell that most of your argument is based on similar assumptions about Tiki off the field that are likewise incorrect.

Nice try. Petitgout went down in the Houston game. Five 100+ yard games before the injury, three afterwards. His average is skewed because of the Washington game. Which was an awesome effort. Of course, it being the last regular season game of his career, it rightfully should have been.

Out of eight games, he broke 4.0 ypc four times. If you think playing below 4.0 half the time is amazing, I don't know what to tell you.

What's even more amazing about that stat is that the second half is where Eli played his worst ball, and Tiki was statistically better even with a worse passing game and with a 2nd string LT. And you are seriously not comparing Ward and Bradshaw to the receiving threat Tiki was, are you? You are talking about the Giants career receiving leader when he retired. For crying out loud, Bradshaw is still a rook. And I'm being the homer?

I said

Pure rushing--the group is Tiki's equal. It's the receiving that needs work. And even that's more on Jacobs than Ward--too early to tell with Bradshaw.

Unless stating that Ward is better than Jacobs in receiving implies that he has to be better than Tiki to accomplish that feat, I have to think you're putting words in my mouth. It's mind-boggling you could take what I said about Bradshaw and call it "homerism." It's nigh impossible to judge Bradshaw's receiving skills at all to this point.

Also, I agree with you that the group is Tiki's equal.

I actually said equal as far as rushing, not receiving.

It has taken all 3 players to replace Tiki, like I said before.

Ward and Jacobs split Tiki's carries, which I discovered getting info for this ridiculous argument. I thought the four split Tiki's carries: since you may as well throw in Droughns.

2006 (Barber, Jacobs stats): rushing: 2085, ypc: 4.92, 423 rushing attempts, receiving: 604 yds,

2007 (Jacobs, Ward, Droughns, Bradshaw): rushing: 2076, ypc: 4.77, 435 rushing attempts, receiving: 414yds,

The 2006 figures include 423 rushing yards and 149 receiving yards for Jacobs. So if you want to just want to go by just Tiki's stats:

rushing: 1662, ypc: 5.1, 327 rushing attempts, receiving: 465 yds, Avg. 8.0

Droughns drops the average with his 3.2 yards per carry. Droughns and Bradshaw account for the difference in carries. Ridiculously, they do so exactly.

Wow, Gilbride's a bigger idiot than I thought. He's still using the starter like a premier back, instead of rotating them in and out.

2007 (Jacobs/Ward): rushing: 1611, ypc: 4.92, 327 rushing attempts, receiving: 353 yds, Avg. 7.2

The dropoff isn't nearly as big as I would have thought with Jacobs or Ward in place, even in receiving, considering Tiki had nine more receptions. I'm really shocked that Gilbride is still playing the starting RB as if Tiki was still here, considering the opportunity available in mixing them up and taking advantage of the different running styles. I want him fired even more, now...

And I'm not saying don't question Tiki, but don't ignore the answers either. If you're going to question him, at least look at all the information to see where he's coming from, instead of taking the spoon-fed ESPN answer.

I linked to that article simply to show where the Toomer quote came from. It was in other articles, but I don't want to spend all my time on Google.

Btw, Tiki has also said on numerous occasions that he has a great deal of respect for Tom Coughlin as well, but you didn't read that in your ESPN article, did you?

Actions speak louder than words. The word "but" invariably appeared after talking about respect. Kind of works like "no offense."

Wow, I cant believe this debate is still going on. I figured I was the only one who stuck up for Tiki and the rest of you had made up your minds he was a prick and moved on. :rolleyes: Well I tell ya what, Ive moved on, and everyone here knows the blue colored glasses I wear with pride! I still dont think what Tiki did or said was that big of a deal, but maybe Im a prick too, who knows. All I know is that regardless of how good he was he is not on the team anymore and I am convinced that if its not Jacobs, then Bradshaw will outdo him. Im so stoked on this kid(Bradshaw), he's gonna be an absolute stud. Obviously Brandon is a stud and dont be surprised if Ward did it, but of course we wont keep the 4 headed monster very long, someones gonna go. But my point is, as much as I love Tiki, we got a couple of guys that will outdo him. I believ that.

Right now though, Im livin on cloud 9 with our playoff win and matchup against Dallas.

GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this the "everybody else is doing it" gambit? Seriously? :LMAO:

Prior to last year, Shockey and Burress were considered the cancers on this team and it was Tiki holding it together, that's all you heard on here last year. Now Tiki is gone and the cancer is gone all of a sudden.

Personally, I think all has changed since Frank Walker left.

Prior to last year, Shockey and Burress were considered the cancers on this team and it was Tiki holding it together, that's all you heard on here last year. Now Tiki is gone and the cancer is gone all of a sudden.

Personally, I think all has changed since Frank Walker left.

I'll tell you who the cancer was.....RYAN KUEHL!! Ever since tha mothe f'er muffed the snap against the 49ers, this team has never been the same!!!!!!

Tiki's agent posts on this board too?

:LMAO:

Jim makes some valid points. Think of it like the court room where the defense has to portray the best possible picture.

Personally I don't like Tiki... I see him as an grateful, ungracious, self-serving, fingure-pointing prick. Contrast him with the best running back (in my life time).. Barry Sanders and you will know more why I think Tiki is "an grateful, ungracious, self-serving, fingure-pointing prick."

Nice try. Petitgout went down in the Houston game.

FISHGUTMARTYR - Are you serious? If you are willing to completely fabricate one point, how am I going to believe the rest of what you have to say. Luke Petitgout was lost in the Chicago game, week 10, 9th game of the season. I have posted numerous times about the impact of his loss not only in that specific game but on Eli the rest of the season. Here is a link proving it: Petitgout breaks leg.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Giants left tackle Luke Petitgout broke his left leg Sunday night in the first quarter of New York's 38-20 loss to the Chicago Bears.

Tiki Barber, who later got hurt as well in the Giants' jarring loss to the Bears, checks on Luke Petitgout after the tackle broke his leg in the first quarter.

Petitgout was hurt blocking Alex Brown on a pass play.

Personally, I don't know if you saw the Tiki segment or not on NBC that night. But I don't believe you read the transcript. I've looked online for that transcript fervently and have not been able to find it. If you have access to it, why don't you post it here, then? I don't think you can, just like I don't think you read it. NICE TRY, THOUGH.

Also, the numbers are the numbers. You can't say the numbers are skewed because of one game. The numbers are the numbers. I can say the 1st half numbers are skewed because of the week 6 game against Atlanta. 100 yards is not a magic bench mark. Your claim was that his YPC numbers suffered in the 2nd half of the season after Petitgout down. They didn't, they went slightly up, even though Eli also played his worst ball of the season in the 2nd half as well, thus placing more pressure on Tiki (a point I noticed you completely left alone). This is the second time (at least) I have countered your claims with facts disproving them. And now you say the numbers are skewed? I still don't believe what Tiki said was as a big a deal as what the people on here and the media has made it out to be. I'm confident Tiki genuinely likes Eli and believes in him. You guys don't, and that's cool. I think you want to hate on him because he left the team when he was playing his best ball. Whatever the reason, we can agree to disagree on Tiki. I choose to remember him for the Giant great he was. You can do otherwise, no big deal.