SportsWrath

DOES ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE THAT ELWAY JR. CAN WIN A PLAYOFF GAME?

BadEgg

The Giants will not be in Dallas the first round so that's a plus for you. But I'd take the higher draft choice. Maybe you can package Eli and two first rounders (the next two seasons) for Brohm... :LMAO:

The Dog is not so crazy about the "Elway JR." reference (See previous threads)...of course the Dog thinks Manning can win a playoff game, but that would require him to play a full game at a consistently high level first...he can get away with wins against the non-playoof teams like the Bears playing 15 - 20 good minutes, but in the playoffs that doesn't work out well...

The Dog is not so crazy about the "Elway JR." reference (See previous threads)...of course the Dog thinks Manning can win a playoff game, but that would require him to play a full game at a consistently high level first...he can get away with wins against the non-playoff teams like the Bears playing 15 - 20 good minutes, but in the playoffs that doesn't work out well...

I agree with the Dog because in the playoffs teams make you pay for your mistakes.

This year? Maybe, maybe not. The Cowboys on the other hand better pray they dont make it to the show, cause they are dead if they do. There is no greater pain in football, then to lose the show. Hope you can get over it soon.

The Dog is not so crazy about the "Elway JR." reference (See previous threads)...of course the Dog thinks Manning can win a playoff game, but that would require him to play a full game at a consistently high level first...he can get away with wins against the non-playoof teams like the Bears playing 15 - 20 good minutes, but in the playoffs that doesn't work out well...

Crediting him with 15-20 minutes of "good" football is a gift. At best, the TD pass to Toomer was a poor pass. At worst, it was a bad call.

Regardless, a true gift would be seeing the Giants and their skittish "leader" in Texas this January. I doubt the Cowboys would be that fortunate.

Crediting him with 15-20 minutes of "good" football is a gift. At best, the TD pass to Toomer was a poor pass. At worst, it was a bad call.

Actually, if you watch the replay it was throw to just about the only place where only Toomer could get it. Briggs nearly got a hand on it. It was a good pass and an exceptional catch.

Explain the correlation between Elway and Manning in terms of playoff wins?.

There are absolutely no positive correlations or comparisons between Elway and Eli. In fact, I hate myself for putting their names in the same sentence.

There are absolutely no positive correlations or comparisons between Elway and Eli. In fact, I hate myself for putting their names in the same sentence.

Actualy by Elways 4th year, the numbers are not to off at all.

What a dildo...

all the bravado before the playoffs. First, there are still regular season games to be played. Second, Dallas has yet to be in the SB in over a decade and certainly not with any of these players, and third, the playoffs are a different animal it's happened to the Patriots, Colts, Eagles, and a whole host of good teams.

I like Dallas' chance but they haven't beaten a really good (and complete team). They have lost to the Pats and beaten a semi-broken GB team, but otherwise, it's been a lot of crappy teams. Who knows, maybe Tampa, maybe us, perhaps even the late version of the Vikings who gave Dallas a game?

In any event, all the big talk about what we will or won't do, I almost don't care. We'll have to play someone like GB in GB and that won't be easy, but I'd just as soon do that as go back to Seattle again.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll get a third crack at Dallas and there's nothing I'd like more than that! Be warned, we're the underdogs all the way and that's an easy place to play from...

What a dildo...

all the bravado before the playoffs. First, there are still regular season games to be played. Second, Dallas has yet to be in the SB in over a decade and certainly not with any of these players, and third, the playoffs are a different animal it's happened to the Patriots, Colts, Eagles, and a whole host of good teams.

I like Dallas' chance but they haven't beaten a really good (and complete team). They have lost to the Pats and beaten a semi-broken GB team, but otherwise, it's been a lot of crappy teams. Who knows, maybe Tampa, maybe us, perhaps even the late version of the Vikings who gave Dallas a game?

In any event, all the big talk about what we will or won't do, I almost don't care. We'll have to play someone like GB in GB and that won't be easy, but I'd just as soon do that as go back to Seattle again.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll get a third crack at Dallas and there's nothing I'd like more than that! Be warned, we're the underdogs all the way and that's an easy place to play from...

Everything you say is true. I won't debate a word of it. Dallas could lose 42-0 the first game they play, or could lose on another botched snap on an extra point. Additionally, NE was the best team they played, and GB was short-handed last Thursday in Texas Stadium

All of that said, I still don't believe Eli can win a playoff game. Do you?

Everything you say is true. I won't debate a word of it. Dallas could lose 42-0 the first game they play, or could lose on another botched snap on an extra point. Additionally, NE was the best team they played, and GB was short-handed last Thursday in Texas Stadium

Romo hasn't won one either. When the Ravens won the superbowl, did Trent Dilfer really win any of the playoff games he played in?. Speaking of Elway, he was a better quarterback when he lost those 3 superbowls, than when he won 2 of them. So when the game of football becomes a game of one QB versus another QB, get back to us.

Romo hasn't won one either. When the Ravens won the superbowl, did Trent Dilfer really win any of the playoff games he played in?. Speaking of Elway, he was a better quarterback when he lost those 3 superbowls, than when he won 2 of them. So when the game of football becomes a game of one QB versus another QB, get back to us.

The Dog might debate this...his numbers suggest otherwise, as he was most productive at the end of his career relative to the begining...granted he had a better system to work under, but most QB's will say that if they are physically solid at the end of their careers, they are better as QBs because of the mental aspect of the game...decision making...understanding of the game...

As for the QB winning playoff games (i.e., Trent Dilfer example), the Dog adementally believes that having a premiere QB is not essential to winning super bowls, as history continues to prove (the Dog will refrain from the whole why give up that much for an unproven QB argument at this time)...what you need is someone who won't make the mistakes that will lose the playoff games/super bowls for the team...this is where Manning may fall short...perhaps a better-worded question would be "Will Eli Manning do what is necessary to not cost the team in the playoffs?"...play mistake free, manage the game well, make solid decisions, play a consistent four quarters, convert key third downs...

Yeah, you pretty much lost all your credibility by calling Eli Elway Jr.

What were you thinking? :unsure:

Yes... possibly in his fantasy football league, assuming he has Tom Brady.

Even though I don't believe this kid is our answer at QB, I can honesty say yes I can see him winning a playoff game. Against the NFC teams in the playoffs, if the kid plays one of his good games and doesn't throw to the other team which he has found out that he likes to do recently. Also if the rest of the team doesn't decide to follow the kids annual slump and play well then yes I can see the Giant's coming out with a W in the playoffs.

Even though I don't believe this kid is our answer at QB, I can honesty say yes I can see him winning a playoff game. Against the NFC teams in the playoffs, if the kid plays one of his good games and doesn't throw to the other team which he has found out that he likes to do recently. Also if the rest of the team doesn't decide to follow the kids annual slump and play well then yes I can see the Giant's coming out with a W in the playoffs.

If Jacobs isn't healthy, forget it. He needs to live off the running game. Get Jacobs running downhill, call some play action plays in warm, sunny Tampa, and he might have a shot. It would also help if the Giants clinch soon and rest Burress for a few weeks leading up to the playoffs.

Having a healthy Jacobs would take a lot of pressure off the kid, not to mention wear down that Tampa D. I think with Jacobs getting the majority of the carries and then Droughns getting some time when Jacobs needs a break I think they could really tire them out like we did early in the season. Then we could exploit their tired LBs with some play action to Shock or deep to a nice rested Plax. Lets just hope for the best situation in the playoffs.