SportsWrath

DOES ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE THAT ELWAY JR. CAN WIN A PLAYOFF GAME?

BadEgg

Eggy? How you feelin' about Jerry Jones giving Tony that contract? Romo singlehandedly had TWO chances to get YOUR Cowboys out of that playoff loss drought and he fucked it up! How u really feelin' Egg?

(All the focus was on how Eli was the rattled one, how Eli makes the big mistakes, and Eli was innacurate with his throws...etc. And it was Romo who was the rattled one. Giants NO TURNOVERS....whassup?)

But if your exectations are winning 1 playoff game, wouldn't you agree that your expectations are a little low. Perhaps that is why they really haven't won anything since 90 or 91?

Opposed to those high expectations going without a playoff win for 12 years?

I don't think fan expectations of a select few on swrath affect much of the team...

But if your exectations are winning 1 playoff game, wouldn't you agree that your expectations are a little low. Perhaps that is why they really haven't won anything since 90 or 91?

Opposed to those high expectations going without a playoff win for 12 years?

Man I treid to make that 'genuis' Eggy see that his team aint won a PLAYOFF game in 12 years. TWELVE years!!! Fuck????? :LMAO:

Give it up Egg/Dog.

This much is true. A loss like that is inexcusable and nothing short of winning the superbowl is a success. Now more than ever, with FA. You need to take advantage of the opportunities you get.

I am interested to see what the Giants do with this opportunity. Though, I believe I know how it will end.

As far as the Pro Bowl goes, I don't watch the Pro Bowl nor do I care who goes to the Pro Bowl.

Didn't you also believe you knew how Giants-Cowboys would end?

I just don't understand the mentality. For example, for me, the worst stretch in Cowboys history was losing 3 NFC Championship games in a row in the early 80's. I honestly can't remember whether they were a wild card team, or whether they won the East. And I don't care. Bottom line is that they didn't go to the Superbowl.

Don't get me wrong, I always enjoy watching them, win or lose. But they are not paid to "compete" in my opinion. Just as I wouldn't pay a lawyer "to compete" if I needed one.

You can say what you want about what the Giants have coming back next season, but its probably the same thing the Panthers thought after they lost to the Pats and the Saints thought after their run last season. It's way to early to pin any hopes on next year.

Not for you it isn't !!! :bye:

Eggy? How you feelin' about Jerry Jones giving Tony that contract? Romo singlehandedly had TWO chances to get YOUR Cowboys out of that playoff loss drought and he fucked it up! How u really feelin' Egg?

(All the focus was on how Eli was the rattled one, how Eli makes the big mistakes, and Eli was innacurate with his throws...etc. And it was Romo who was the rattled one. Giants NO TURNOVERS....whassup?)

i still think romo's a good QB and considering there's only about 20 decent ones in the league, they were wise to lock him up long term. he wasn't the reason they lost the game although he did fluster a bit in the end.

i still think romo's a good QB and considering there's only about 20 decent ones in the league, they were wise to lock him up long term. he wasn't the reason they lost the game although he did fluster a bit in the end.

But he wasn't the reason they won either. He did throw the last pick. Now would we be saying that IF Romo competes the pass for a Td to beat the Giants? They'd say "Romo carried the Cowboys to the secoond round, Romo wins it." See the logic? So since Romo threw a ball in double coverage for an INT...to me...Romo LOST it. When the game was close AND the Defense stopped the Giants for TWO 3 and outs....why didn't Romo step up?(according to Eggy Romo isn't Eli...). Romo actually 'fell apart' down the stretch like the pressure was too much (again) (see Seattle...botched snap). Again the Dallas defense stopped the Giants and gave the Offense a chance to win it and Romo threw the pick. His fault they lost. And the Giants took advantage and I am HAPPY!

i'm happy too and i see your point, but hype and media aside, the reality is they were wise to lock him up and he's a good QB.

No doubt he's a good QB. But let's not diminsh Eli's accomplishments either. Not saying u did but Eggy is crazy to believe that bull he was spewing. And now that same media is all on Eli's dick. Especially Deion Sanders..."I beleive in you ELI" stuff.

i'm happy too and i see your point, but hype and media aside, the reality is they were wise to lock him up and he's a good QB.

Not according to eggy. He said this preseason he was gonna give Romo one more shot at the playoffs.

0-2 in the playoffs is unacceptable as far as he's concerned.

yea well we all know the value of eggdog's critiques lately. that said, i can't think of 10 QB's I would take over romo, can you? i put little stake in critiques of a QB who 'can't win the big game' because they are all big games. he showed enough clutch performance during the season to sell me. and randoff, this has nothing to do with eli- he's climbed the mountain.

yea well we all know the value of eggdog's critiques lately. that said, i can't think of 10 QB's I would take over romo, can you? i put little stake in critiques of a QB who 'can't win the big game' because they are all big games. he showed enough clutch performance during the season to sell me. and randoff, this has nothing to do with eli- he's climbed the mountain.

psst you're kind of ruining my game with eggy here. He said he'd give up on a qb after two losses in the playoffs, especially one being at home. He ofcourse was talking about Manning at the time, while now it's more appropriate for Romo.

I'm just holding him to his words.

Would I get rid of Romo? Hell no. He is easily top 10.

psst you're kind of ruining my game with eggy here. He said he'd give up on a qb after two losses in the playoffs, especially one being at home. He ofcourse was talking about Manning at the time, while now it's more appropriate for Romo.

I'm just holding him to his words.

Would I get rid of Romo? Hell no. He is easily top 10.

:P ok- ixnay -you should use pig latin next time.

It's been a couple of days and I honestly haven't come off of the high of beating the Cowboys. Eggy, here is the difference between your team and ours - your window is starting to close, and ours is just starting to open. With key players getting another year older, like T.O., Terry Glenn, Jason Ferguson, Anthony Henry, Greg Ellis, and Flozell Adams, if those players start to decline, we may have already seen the best of the Cowboys this year. Your team does have a good nucleus, though, but our team has a great one. Even if Strahan retires, we have Justin Tuck who has proven to be a force. Webster has come into his own to possibly replace Madison. Ross had a great rookie season. Plaxico in his prime, as well as Brandon Jacobs and an emerging Ahmad Bradshaw. Our team has a lot to look forward too.

I see the Dallas/NYG rivalry re-emerging as the pre-eminent rivalry in the NFL in the coming years. Eli vs. Romo. I like our chances.

Yes but how many of us have given up on Eli before? :P

I didn't 'give up' but I was highly critical of Eli...HIGHLY critical. And let's face it, you have to have a strong "psychi" to be a NY QB....and I cannot throw out the pressure of the #1 pick AND a Manning too!

Your comments, as usual, are off base.

Considering the season is only 75% complete, with a full round of playoff to follow, let's see how everything plays out this year.

As a Cowboy fan, you should be more concerned with your own team's questions. For example, how will Romo, the Goat of 2006 playoffs, fare this postseason?

I'm a regular Nostrildamus. :ph34r:

But he wasn't the reason they won either. He did throw the last pick. Now would we be saying that IF Romo competes the pass for a Td to beat the Giants? They'd say "Romo carried the Cowboys to the secoond round, Romo wins it." See the logic? So since Romo threw a ball in double coverage for an INT...to me...Romo LOST it. When the game was close AND the Defense stopped the Giants for TWO 3 and outs....why didn't Romo step up?(according to Eggy Romo isn't Eli...). Romo actually 'fell apart' down the stretch like the pressure was too much (again) (see Seattle...botched snap). Again the Dallas defense stopped the Giants and gave the Offense a chance to win it and Romo threw the pick. His fault they lost. And the Giants took advantage and I am HAPPY!

the dog has to admit that he is a tad disappointed in your analysis here...you typically are able to do a little better, but you are letting your disdain for a rival's QB blur your vision...romo made mistakes, but the fact is, he is a quality QB that was under intense pressure due to the an o-line collapse, poor coaching, and a center's inability to snap shotgun...his interception in the end was a 4th a long situation with 20 or so seconds on the clock...no choice but to throw that one towards the end zone and hope for the best...

if you want to pin this completely on the QB, then you really have little ability to see a game for what it is...the dog thought you were better then that...

the dog has to admit that he is a tad disappointed in your analysis here...you typically are able to do a little better, but you are letting your disdain for a rival's QB blur your vision...romo made mistakes, but the fact is, he is a quality QB that was under intense pressure due to the an o-line collapse, poor coaching, and a center's inability to snap shotgun...his interception in the end was a 4th a long situation with 20 or so seconds on the clock...no choice but to throw that one towards the end zone and hope for the best...

if you want to pin this completely on the QB, then you really have little ability to see a game for what it is...the dog thought you were better then that...

He had protection and time, you tellin me there was no other receiver out there?

He had protection and time, you tellin me there was no other receiver out there?

did you even watch that game? he had protection and time? and the dog wonders if you have ever watched any game...with the time being what it was...with the fact that it was 4th and long, and with the fact that they were out of options, he had to throw to the endzone...and if you watch football, you understand that the defense plays to keep everything in front at that time...fact is, romo is good, and this is coming from someone who is not a cowboys fan...can you blame him for the loss because he threw an interception on that play? no...that would be just silly...the fact is there are a number of things you can point to that cost the cowboys that game...

Randoff is right.....Romo lost the game.

Say what you want about the gameplan, but Romo could have opted for a couple quick hooks to get out of bounds and closer to the end zone. Instead, he wanted to be a hero like his idol Brett Favre, and as a result, he was stuck with 4th and 11 from outside 20, instead of a possible 1st and goal. At that point, his errors had placed him inside a box.

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MANNING AND ROMO: Eli managed the game, and Romo didn't. When people hear "manage" the game, they think of a Trent Dilfer performance, but really, there is a huge difference. Eli managed the game in that he understood and played according to the circumstances of the game.

For example, when Eli had less than 00:50 on the clock, he moved the Giants like lightning down the field with clutch plays to tie the game at 14-14. Then, he played the rest of the game according to the situation, and then made the big plays again to pull ahead 21-17 early in the 4th.

When Eli was forced to make the big play, he made it - and without a single Pro-Bowl caliber athlete on offense. When Romo needed to respond, he cracked. Eli has put together the best three games of his career as the stakes have gotten higher. Romo, even with Pro-Bowlers at RB, WR, TE, and across the offensive line, clearly regressed at the end of the season.

As Baretta would say....."and that's the name of that tune!"

Cool....

...Romo is a good QB, no doubt....

...but we have to go back to our favorite word 'excuses'. No O line, no coaching, bad play calling, etc etc.. But in the end (4th and 20) it was Romo that threw the pick. I can recall a particular game where Eli and the Giants were playing Denver....you probably watched it. Anyway, Eli needed to throw a TD to win it and completed the TD to Toomer. Say what you want to but Eli got a lot of praise for completing that winning TD pass. Some might say "Eli won that game for us". Now when it comes to Romo NOT making that TD pass this past Sunday leads me to believe he COULD NOT win the big game (again). No matter what transpired BEFORE it got to that last second 'heave' to the end zone to possibly win it....Romo did not get 'er dunn...can u agree?

Randoff is right.....Romo lost the game.

Say what you want about the gameplan, but Romo could have opted for a couple quick hooks to get out of bounds and closer to the end zone. Instead, he wanted to be a hero like his idol Brett Favre, and as a result, he was stuck with 4th and 11 from outside 20, instead of a possible 1st and goal.

DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MANNING AND ROMO: Eli managed the game, and Romo didn't. When people hear "manage" the game, they think of a Trent Dilfer performance, but really, there is a huge difference. Eli managed the game in that he understood and played according to the circumstances of the game.

For example, when Eli had less than 00:50 on the clock, he moved the Giants like lightning down the field with clutch plays to tie the game at 14-14. Then, he played the rest of the game according to the situation, and then made the big plays again to pull ahead 21-17 early in the 4th.

When Eli was forced to make the big play, he made it. When Romo needed to respond, he cracked. Eli has put together the best three games of his career as the stakes have gotten higher. Romo has regressed.

As Baretta would say....."and that's the name of that tune!"

you are limiting the loss to one last drive...this loss extends to the fact that the cowboys ran all over the giants for the better part of 3 quarters, and then ran just 4 times in the 4th quarter...the o-line went south, the center couldn't snap shotgun, receivers dropped passes...this loss goes well beyond romo's last drive. the dog believes he is a quality QB that will be good for a long time...he needs to handle the pressure of the big games better, but that will come in time...giant fans should recognize that better then anyone...