SportsWrath

DOES ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE THAT ELWAY JR. CAN WIN A PLAYOFF GAME?

BadEgg

Why are we debating still about the Cowboy game? Here is all you need to know.

Giants 21

Cowboys 17

This is as silly as debating the phantom hold on the Jacobs TD back at Giants Stadium.

I am done discussing the Dallas Cowboys. They are a team that as of now is in full off season swing, coaching changes, roster moves and of course players lounging in Mexico.

Talking about the Cowboys now is as relevant to the Giants as talking about the Dolphins.

Intersting analysis. Had Crayton caught the one pass in his hands, and not stopped running in the endzone while Romo's pass sailed over his head late in the 4th (which Crayton has since admitted was his fault) we would be talking about how the Giants were too conservative with Manning. I also think these two plays would have boosted Romo's passer rating as well.

Had Grandma been born with a dick she would be Grandpa

I applaud the Giants game plan, as they are clearly attempting to limit what they ask Eli to do. But I wonder how long they can do this and be successful. Sooner or later, in the playoffs, you have to be able to make big plays in the passing game.

So the last 47 second where the Giants(throwing the ball I might add)scored and completely nullified any mmentum the Cowoys had gotten was not making big plays in the passing game.

Ok I am now really done with this game.............. <_<

Meanwhile, Eli has been subjected to a weekly colonoscopy since the day he was drafted. A lot of the criticism has been merited, and I'm sure the armchair QBs will be back at it on Monday if he has a rough game up in Lambeau.

But let's not EVER blame Tony Romo for any playoff loss. Never!!!!

Wow!!!!!

(Eli gets the weekly Colonic cleansing too!)

Other than relieving you temporarily from constipation, frankly there are no health benefits to having a tube inserted up your rectum and your colon flushed with concoctions of water, herbs, enzymes or even coffee.If you are concerned about the health of your colon get more fiber in your diet OUT HERE!

Good point.

Here's how I see it.....if your an "A" student, then the night before the exam, if you've already studied up, and want to go out to a movie, then you've demonstrated from past experience that you are capable of handling your responsibilities, and therefore, nobody should question what you do on your free time.

However, if you are a "D" student, have an upcoming exam, go out to the movies the night before, and then fail the test, naturally, people are going to ask - "what the hell were you doing at the movies, when you could have been studying for that test????"

The fact is, Romo is now 0-2 in the playoffs. He has failed to win a playoff game. As a playoff performer, he is not an "A" student, like, for example, Brady, Favre, or Peyton Manning.

Romo should really do himself a favor and heed Parcell's advice about not becoming a celebrity QB.

the dog would hardly call him a d student...a tad over the top...

He was making a point. I'd call him a C student though. 2 first rd/game exits? Thats what Eli had and the world hated him.

No sir "Never critizice TONY ROMO or blame him for any loss". ;):P

Calling Romo a C student makes it seem like Romo is a terrible QB..."we can't have that". The Cowboys were the better team and lost, remember? <_<:)

He was making a point. I'd call him a C student though. 2 first rd/game exits? Thats what Eli had and the world hated him.

quite the martyr you are...the dog thinks romo has proven to be above average...but most likely you won't get past the playoff losses, and that is understandable...

[/b]

quite the martyr you are...the dog thinks romo has proven to be above average...but most likely you won't get past the playoff losses, and that is understandable...

You mean like when someone wins the division, makes the playoffs 2 straight years and still gets called a bust? That kind of not getting over the playoff losses? Way to make a point Dog. :huh:

the dog would hardly call him a d student...a tad over the top...

Subject: Regular Season Stats

Grade: A

Subject: Regular Season Wins

Grade: A-

Subject: Wearing Hat Backwards

Grade: B+

Subject: Banging hot celebrities

Grade: A+

Subject: Winning Playoff Games

1st Exam Date: January 6Th, 2007

Grade: Fail

2nd Exam Date: January 13th, 2008

Grade: Fail

You mean like when someone wins the division, makes the playoffs 2 straight years and still gets called a bust? That kind of not getting over the playoff losses? Way to make a point Dog. :huh:

ummm, the dog said that it was understandable...perhaps that wasn't clear?

Questions for the Dog to ponder:

Who had the better offensive line - Eli or Romo?

Who had the better receiving corps - Eli or Romo?

Who has had the better season - Eli or Romo?

Just interested in your thoughts.

Questions for the Dog to ponder:

Who had the better offensive line - Eli or Romo?

Who had the better receiving corps - Eli or Romo?

Who has had the better season - Eli or Romo?

Just interested in your thoughts.

the dog would say the cowboys overall had the better line, although the giants line was impressive and mcuh improved...dallas has the edge in receiving corps, and romo had the better season...that being said, if manning performs like he has the last several weeks and not like, well, manning, and the giants at the least get to the SB, then the dog may have to give manning the nod in the end...at this stage, if the dog had to choose a QB between the 2, he would have to take romo (and the dog is sure this will be a point of abuse, but so be it...)...

Good point.

Here's how I see it.....if your an "A" student, then the night before the exam, if you've already studied up, and want to go out to a movie, then you've demonstrated from past experience that you are capable of handling your responsibilities, and therefore, nobody should question what you do on your free time.

However, if you are a "D" student, have an upcoming exam, go out to the movies the night before, and then fail the test, naturally, people are going to ask - "what the hell were you doing at the movies, when you could have been studying for that test????"

The fact is, Romo is now 0-2 in the playoffs. He has failed to win a playoff game. As a playoff performer, he is not an "A" student, like, for example, Brady, Favre, or Peyton Manning.

Romo should really do himself a favor and heed Parcell's advice about not becoming a celebrity QB.

I love this analysis. You should really apply for a job at ESPN when you are through with Joe Morris' presidential campaign.

It's been a while, but when I studied for the big test, went to the movies the night before, and then showed up for the big test, I didn't need to depend on 10 other guys doing their jobs for me to take the test. It's not like I asked Patrick Crayton to fill out the scantron form or write the essay, only for him to drop and break the pencil.

Romo is not Brady, Favre, or Peyton Manning, but, then again, these are the top three QBs in the league. And people heaped a ton of criticism on Favre when he was young, and I think he turned out okay. Manning was also questioned for his playoff performances several times. And Brady's rise and success has been like no other QB, maybe in the game's history. And we may never see that again.

What is most curious about the Romo bashing is that it takes away from what the Giants accomplished. If nothing else, that game last Sunday was the epitomy of winning as a team, and losing as a team, at every level of the game, from preparation to coaching and right down to special teams. Aside from missing an open TO, and failing to throw the ball away on one or two occasions, there is not much more Romo could have done.

I love this analysis. You should really apply for a job at ESPN when you are through with Joe Morris' presidential campaign.

It's been a while, but when I studied for the big test, went to the movies the night before, and then showed up for the big test, I didn't need to depend on 10 other guys doing their jobs for me to take the test. It's not like I asked Patrick Crayton to fill out the scantron form or write the essay, only for him to drop and break the pencil.

So does it really matter if Crayton drops and breaks your pencil, if you're just going to throw your test in the garbage when it's completed?

Funny you keep bringing up Crayton for not catching a ball that was thrown 7 yards beyond his reach, but

Romo's ill-timed interception didn't ruin any chance you had to win.

What is most curious about the Romo bashing is that it takes away from what the Giants accomplished. If nothing else, that game last Sunday was the epitomy of winning as a team, and losing as a team, at every level of the game, from preparation to coaching and right down to special teams. Aside from missing an open TO, and failing to throw the ball away on one or two occasions, there is not much more Romo could have done.

the dog has to disagree. the dog thinks Romo stunk it up because of the immense pressure brought on by the G-Men.

So does it really matter if Crayton drops and breaks your pencil, if you're just going to throw your test in the garbage when it's completed?

Funny you keep bringing up Crayton for not catching a ball that was thrown 7 yards beyond his reach, but

Romo's ill-timed interception didn't ruin any chance you had to win.

the dog has to disagree. the dog thinks Romo stunk it up because of the immense pressure brought on by the G-Men.

the dog agrees with your last statement so far as the 4th quarter goes...prior to that he had played well, but you are learning...and the dog sees your progess as a step in the right directon...

the dog agrees with your last statement so far as the 4th quarter goes...prior to that he had played well, but you are learning...and the dog sees your progess as a step in the right directon...

Thanks Sen-sei.... :)

Back to "Elway Jr". Since the name of this thread is "Does anybody believe that Elway Jr can win a playoff game" and we ALL been grilled to death about not blaming the QB for losses. Why is it that your partner Egg pinning the whole winning of a playoff game on "Elway Jr"? Didn't the GIANTS beat the Bucs and the Cowboys?

(P.S. I'm noticing a pattern here, the media and you "2" [Egg and Dog] seem to think Eli didn't lose the playoff games. Did enough to manage the game but Tony Romo don't blame him for losing the game...not even a little bit)

So if Eggy 'requires' Elway Junior to win the big one or a playoff. Why can't we say Romo lost the game??

Intersting analysis. Had Crayton caught the one pass in his hands, and not stopped running in the endzone while Romo's pass sailed over his head late in the 4th (which Crayton has since admitted was his fault) we would be talking about how the Giants were too conservative with Manning. I also think these two plays would have boosted Romo's passer rating as well.

And what if Webster caught the ball Romo through right in his hands. What happens to his passer rating then?

Thanks Sen-sei.... :)

Back to "Elway Jr". Since the name of this thread is "Does anybody believe that Elway Jr can win a playoff game" and we ALL been grilled to death about not blaming the QB for losses. Why is it that your partner Egg pinning the whole winning of a playoff game on "Elway Jr"? Didn't the GIANTS beat the Bucs and the Cowboys?

(P.S. I'm noticing a pattern here, the media and you "2" [Egg and Dog] seem to think Eli didn't lose the playoff games. Did enough to manage the game but Tony Romo don't blame him for losing the game...not even a little bit)So if Eggy 'requires' Elway Junior to win the big one or a playoff. Why can't we say Romo lost the game??

the dog never said that romo doesn't take part of the blame (i.e., posts eluding to mistakes he made down the stretch)...but your insistence that he lost the game based on the interception at the end was poor...there are a number of reasons they lost, just as there are a number of reasons the giants lose...as for the media, perhaps it's the fact that manning came at such a high price that he shoulders the blame when he plays poorly in playoff games and the team loses...

the dog never said that romo doesn't take part of the blame (i.e., posts eluding to mistakes he made down the stretch)...but your insistence that he lost the game based on the interception at the end was poor...there are a number of reasons they lost, just as there are a number of reasons the giants lose...as for the media, perhaps it's the fact that manning came at such a high price that he shoulders the blame when he plays poorly in playoff games and the team loses...

Ok....fair enough.

....but IF Eli was in Romo's shoes ...the WHOLE world would have said "Eli cost us the game". Eggy, Troy Aikman, ESPN and possibly you. Eli is dealt with on a different level than that of a Romo AND Eli's Giants have WON two playoff games. Romo has had the LAST possesion to determine the outcome of two playoff games and did not come thru....he ended the games with a botched hold and the INT vs the Giants. Both resulting in devastating losses. Your boy Egg wants to can Romo because of the 'two times' Romo didn't come up. Now Eli does that??????? Wow!!!! Eggy, ESPN, Mort Anderson and Deion Sanders would be calling Eli a possible bust. Isn't that blamng Eli?

[/b]

When did he prove this? Sure, he had a great fantasy football year, but he has folded two years in a row when the season was on his shoulders. He was rattled in the 4th quarter, and as a result made a few boneheaded decisions that cost his team a chance to win. He rolls out of harms way and still takes a sack when he should be throwing it away, then he stays in the pocket and throws one to Jessica Simpson before the rush is anywhere near him, resulting in an intentional grounding penalty at a critcial point in the game. He panics and throws the ball from his hip, ear, and ass at times.

Is it a coincidence that his season spiraled downward after Owens got hurt? I think not.

[/b]

dog, let me ask you, what do you think of Kurt Warner? Just curious.

When did he prove this? Sure, he had a great fantasy football year, but he has folded two years in a row when the season was on his shoulders. He was rattled in the 4th quarter, and as a result made a few boneheaded decisions that cost his team a chance to win. He rolls out of harms way and still takes a sack when he should be throwing it away, then he stays in the pocket and throws one to Jessica Simpson before the rush is anywhere near him, resulting in an intentional grounding penalty at a critcial point in the game. He panics and throws the ball from his hip, ear, and ass at times.

Is it a coincidence that his season spiraled downward after Owens got hurt? I think not.

the dog finds it fascinating that people can't get past the fact that a player on a rival team can be considered a good player...romo has had two solid years as a starter (year and a half technically)...relative the QBs in the league, he is above the average...

Romo is not Brady, Favre, or Peyton Manning, but, then again, these are the top three QBs in the league. And people heaped a ton of criticism on Favre when he was young, and I think he turned out okay. Manning was also questioned for his playoff performances several times. And Brady's rise and success has been like no other QB, maybe in the game's history. And we may never see that again.

How about making sure he's out of the pocket before he throws away, and instead of taking two critical sacks, throw the ball away? As far as I'm concerned those were two of the most critical plays of the game.