SportsWrath

DOES ANYONE REALLY BELIEVE THAT ELWAY JR. CAN WIN A PLAYOFF GAME?

BadEgg

QUOTE(BadEgg @ Jan 16 2008, 10:55 AM)

As far as Romo's meltdown on the intentional grounding call, the NFL has since contacted Jerry and said it was the wrong call.

what a freaking liar you are, eggdog. the only person who said that was jerry jones, why should anyone believe him, adam?

http://cumuluspodcasting.com/media/K...Muse-Jerry.mp3

Go to the 1:40 mark of the interview. Jerry kind of rambles, as usual, but here's exactly what he said --

"I watched every play yesterday. I talked to the league office. The league office blew the call on Tony Romo's — admitted — they blew the call on Tony Romo's intentional grounding. There was no pressure, and anytime there's not — pressure has to come with an intentional grounding — and he threw it without pressure, he just threw it because nobody was open, threw it out of bounds. That's fair, and that’s not a penalty."

As far as Romo's meltdown on the intentional grounding call, the NFL has since contacted Jerry and said it was the wrong call. I also am quite certain it would have been impossible for Romo to make tackles on special teams, rap up Toomer after he caught his first pass, throw a completion to Witten and simultaneously prevent Leonard Davis from jumping on Strahan, nor could he step in for Jaque Reeves who tackled Steve Smith by the face mask during Eli's big halftime heroics.

But Egg, teams overcome bad calls.....Even bringing this up, which I highly doubt is even true, is just evidence that you do not practice what you preach about not blaming penalties.

What's even more interesting about your Eli analysis is that the Giants offense went 3 and out on its last two possessions of the 4th quarter. And I believe on the last one, Eli may have taken a sack. There was no pump faking and hitting the open guy there

You're right, the second to last drive we ran 3 times, the last drive we ran twice and attempted to pass on 3rd down when Eli was sacked. It was run the clock down time and on 3rd and 4 Eli should have completed the pass.

He didn't, was sacked and we punted. Thats playing with a lead, the catching up was slightly different with 53 seconds remaining in the first half.

I applaud the Giants game plan, as they are clearly attempting to limit what they ask Eli to do. But I wonder how long they can do this and be successful. Sooner or later, in the playoffs, you have to be able to make big plays in the passing game.

They passed 18 times and ran 23, thats a damn good balance especially considering the ran 5 times on the last 2 drives trying to run down the clock with 9 minutes left. You can make the case that trying to run the clock out with 9 minutes left isn't a good idea, but that was not a decision to limit Eli, but to keep the dallas offense off the field. Didn't work out great in that regard since we went 3 and out, but over all it worked out.

50/50 pass to run ratio is exactly what most coaches aim for entering almost every game, wether its Brett Favre at QB or Todd Collins, we're lucky in the fact our running game is effective enough to allow us to do that.

Dallas did more to limit Eli than the Giants coaches, with long, time consuming drives. 41 plays from scrimage is a testemant to Dallas' sustained drives.

Actually the Head Ref said last night that he didn't think Barber was in on his TD run, that his knee was down before the ball crossed the line. Not that it matters now.

Yeah, that was one of the more obvious things in that game. But no mention of it from a Dallas fan. Or no mention of Ware being offsides on almost every play. I was talking to some Cowboy fans yesterday. They ahd the nerve to tell me that the league has been informed that Ware has a quick first step, and they still call him for offsides....LMAO! :huh: I told them, "so what, just because he has an official quick first step, he should be allowed to be offsides?"

Its getin so ridiculous with these fans, I cant believe it. :rolleyes:

I tell ya Dog, if that fucker Romo goes to Cabo again a week before the pro bowl, you should hang him from the entrance to Southfork. Be like a "who hung Tony?", type of deal. Who does he think he relaxing before a meaningless game like that. He needs to be representin!.

TO is talking to his publishers right about penning another book titled "It ain't Tony's fault, but it's my fault even less."

I tell ya Dog, if that fucker Romo goes to Cabo again a week before the pro bowl, you should hang him from the entrance to Southfork. Be like a "who hung Tony?", type of deal. Who does he think he relaxing before a meaningless game like that. He needs to be representin!.

TO is talking to his publishers right about penning another book titled "It ain't Tony's fault, but it's my fault even less."

the dog never supported his trip to cabo, and isn't a romo fan per say, but the dog recognizes that he is a good QB, and potentially a great one...

the interesting thing is, the weekend that he was in cabo, tom brady was reportedly hanging with his girlfriend at a club in soho...grant it, tom brady has little to prove, but these are adults with a weekend off from their jobs...the dog wonders how many here don't take advantage of long weekends from work with a trip with a girlfriend...

the dog never supported his trip to cabo, and isn't a romo fan per say, but the dog recognizes that he is a good QB, and potentially a great one...

the interesting thing is, the weekend that he was in cabo, tom brady was reportedly hanging with his girlfriend at a club in soho...grant it, tom brady has little to prove, but these are adults with a weekend off from their jobs...the dog wonders how many here don't take advantage of long weekends from work with a trip with a girlfriend...

Difference is, we don't play professional football.

Oh, Im sure many of us just need a mere weekend for a getaway w/ a loved one. We're all rich and famous! :rolleyes:

Well you can rule eggy out on that question. It would be true for him, if you ended the sentence wit...."boyfriend" :P

Difference is, we don't play professional football.

it's an interesting, albeit rather pointless discussion...the dog wonders if it should matter what the profession, if you are given time off from work, spend it how you want (obviously within the legal system...)...the fact of the matter remains, a trip to cabo with a girl and some friends is most likely pretty tame relative to what a lot of players in professional sports are doing when given time off...in the end, the dog is certian that this was a story blown entirely out of proportion...

it's an interesting, albeit rather pointless discussion...the dog wonders if it should matter what the profession, if you are given time off from work, spend it how you want (obviously within the legal system...)...the fact of the matter remains, a trip to cabo with a girl and some friends is most likely pretty tame relative to what a lot of players in professional sports are doing when given time off...in the end, the dog is certian that this was a story blown entirely out of proportion...

Does it matter the profession? Maybe not, but golfins point was, if it had something to do with his play, maybe he shouldnt have done something that would affect it. If your a mailman, and you chose to play Basketball on your long weekend off and you break a leg, dont you think your boss would be upset? It was merely the postmans choice.

Should is matter? No..not at all. But I think when your the Quarterback of the

Dallas Cowboys it does matter. I'm thinking that if your an insurance adjuster

it's a little bit different than being a star NFL quarterback.

Does it matter the profession? Maybe not, but golfins point was, if it had something to do with his play, maybe he shouldnt have done something that would affect it. If your a mailman, and you chose to play Basketball on your long weekend off and you break a leg, dont you think your boss would be upset? It was merely the postmans choice.

so are you suggesting that mailmen should not be allowed to play basketball recreationally during time off on the chance that they injure themselves? and why draw the automatic conclusion that a weekend trip impacted his play? the dog thinks he played rather well early on, and it wasn't until he was under intense pressure in the 4th quarter (the likes of which are rarely seen to that degree for that long) that things unraveled...again, it was a story blown out of proportion by the media that in the end meant nothing...

Eh, not really.

Anyways..I think Romo took that vacation at the wrong time. His offense

wasn't clicking at all. Was it blown out of proportion? Yes Did it matter much

in the game? No, not at all. I knew the Giants were going to win the game

when I saw Tony Romo yell and scream at his offensive lineman. For someone

who the media says "is cool and calm under pressure" he sure didn't do it

in that situation.

So mailmen can't play basketball on the weekend?

And who is your mailman and why is he so special? Here, in Jersey, if a mailman gets sick, they just get another mailman to deliver the mail.

Eh, not really.

in that situation.

the dog hears you...but it all comes down to how the media wants to make something out of nothing...it had no impact on his play, the coach gave the entire team time away, he didn't break any laws that we are aware of, so do what you will...your an adult.

So mailmen can't play basketball on the weekend?

And who is your mailman and why is he so special? Here, in Jersey, if a mailman gets sick, they just get another mailman to deliver the mail.

interesting point...the dog assumes he must be a potential first time ballot inductee into the postal service hall of fame...and when the court jester is on your mailing route, you better get those "good housekeeping" magazines to his box asap...

the dog hears you...but it all comes down to how the media wants to make something out of nothing...it had no impact on his play, the coach gave the entire team time away, he didn't break any laws that we are aware of, so do what you will...your an adult.

Of course it does, that's the media's job. Question Mr. Dog

if Romo is going out with a college sweetheart, you think this

is even a story?

Of course it does, that's the media's job. Question Mr. Dog

if Romo is going out with a college sweetheart, you think this

is even a story?

excellent point, but the dog isn't going to penalize him for taking advantage of his opportunities...

Well MY Mailman is like Cal Ripken. Your's is a big pussy. :P

He was a pussy, now he is taking performance enhancing substances. He is also being subpoened.

Back to football, Phillips should not have given the entire team to do permission as they pleased.

As much as the Cabo thing has been overblown, the fact is that Romo is into the whole celebrity playboy thing. But, if he is going to play the field like Joe Namath, he better play on the field like Joe Namath.

Mickey Mantle used to get hammered virtually every night.....but the difference is, the Mick earned immunity from scrutiny by virtue of being one of the greatest baseball players of all time.

If Romo is guilty of anything, it's acting like someone he is not. Tom Brady isn't potentially a great quarterback....he IS a great quarterback. When you're a guy that hasn't won a playoff game, then you're damn straight that whatever you do before the big game is completely open to criticism.

I'm not going to fault Romo for wanting to bang Jessica Simpson. But Mark Schlereth surprised me by making a good point: Romo could have invited Simpson over to his place to spend some time "away from football", and nobody would have even noticed.

Eh, not really.

in that situation.

OK, I didnt mean to act like I knew what you were talking, I just thought I did. Then what was your point? Because after saying not really, you proceeded to agree with me. Maybe I didnt make myself clear in that. Maybe my postman example wasnt a good one. :rolleyes:

interesting point...the dog assumes he must be a potential first time ballot inductee into the postal service hall of fame...and when the court jester is on your mailing route, you better get those "good housekeeping" magazines to his box asap...

Romo goes to Cabo, loses the game for the Cowboys.

Postman plays basketball on his off time, breaks his legs, cant deliver the mail. Simple enough for ya?

I know another postman can do the route, but my point is that you can do whatever you want as an adult on your off time. But someone smart wouldnt do something to possibly jeapordize thier job.

I know another postman can do the route, but my point is that you can do whatever you want as an adult on your off time. But someone smart wouldnt do something to possibly jeapordize thier job.

Good point.

Here's how I see it.....if your an "A" student, then the night before the exam, if you've already studied up, and want to go out to a movie, then you've demonstrated from past experience that you are capable of handling your responsibilities, and therefore, nobody should question what you do on your free time.

However, if you are a "D" student, have an upcoming exam, go out to the movies the night before, and then fail the test, naturally, people are going to ask - "what the hell were you doing at the movies, when you could have been studying for that test????"

The fact is, Romo is now 0-2 in the playoffs. He has failed to win a playoff game. As a playoff performer, he is not an "A" student, like, for example, Brady, Favre, or Peyton Manning.

Romo should really do himself a favor and heed Parcell's advice about not becoming a celebrity QB.

Good point.

Here's how I see it.....if your an "A" student, then the night before the exam, if you've already studied up, and want to go out to a movie, then you've demonstrated from past experience that you are capable of handling your responsibilities, and therefore, nobody should question what you do on your free time.

However, if you are a "D" student, have an upcoming exam, go out to the movies the night before, and then fail the test, naturally, people are going to ask - "what the hell were you doing at the movies, when you could have been studying for that test????"

The fact is, Romo is now 0-2 in the playoffs. He has failed to win a playoff game. As a playoff performer, he is not an "A" student, like, for example, Brady, Favre, or Peyton Manning.

Romo should really do himself a favor and heed Parcell's advice about not becoming a celebrity QB.

Exactly. And this is assuming it was Cabo that affected him. We dont know for sure, but its not like he had a great game and he blew it at the end. I hear some say he was playing great before the half. It was good, not great. Certainly not what he had been doing during the season.