SportsWrath

A.Ross

BlueInCanada

You got me thinking about our shitty corners over the years and how much they suck.

SOme of my faves were:

Elvis Patterson - Aka toast

Perry Williams- never saw a tackle he did not let Terry Kinard make

Thomas Randolph- nuff said

Philippi Sparks- right in the middle of the mess in the 97 playoff game

Dave Thomas- I believe he and Thomas Randolph were the same person

In all honesty our best corner over the past 20 years has been Jason Sehorn, circa 1997 pre ACL injury. Guy was as shut down that year as anyone.

Our second best corner was probably Everson Walls, sadly when we got him he was nothing more than a veteran nickle back, but still his track record beats the crap we have trotted out there the past 20 years.

LMAO!! P Williams, funny stuff.........

I remember the playoff game against Minny that you are referring to with Sparks. I couldnt believe my eyes. Fighting with the opponenet is one thing, but with youre defensive teammates??? :huh: After we lost that, my wife and I had to go grocery shopping, I had to fight back my anger and tears. <_<

You got me thinking about our shitty corners over the years and how much they suck.

SOme of my faves were:

Elvis Patterson - Aka toast

Perry Williams- never saw a tackle he did not let Terry Kinard make

Thomas Randolph- nuff said

Philippi Sparks- right in the middle of the mess in the 97 playoff game

Dave Thomas- I believe he and Thomas Randolph were the same person

In all honesty our best corner over the past 20 years has been Jason Sehorn, circa 1997 pre ACL injury. Guy was as shut down that year as anyone.

Our second best corner was probably Everson Walls, sadly when we got him he was nothing more than a veteran nickle back, but still his track record beats the crap we have trotted out there the past 20 years.

Sparks was a very good corner, more consistent than Sehorn. Really shouldn't base his career on one game.

CBs even if they are drafted number 1, do not get the starting role immediately and in Ross's case I dont think he is all that late in his development, summer camp and practice notwithstanding. CBs are never put into the starting spot straightaway, they just dont. For example, DeAngelo Hall, he wasnt considered to be a shut down guy either, and he wasnt starting straight up also. But he turned out rather good didnt he?

Lets not get onto Ross's jockstrap already. He did show some good stuff today and hopefully he will turn out to be a very effective corner for us. Shutdown corner I guess nowadays is a myth with all the new rules for the WRs. But he certainly does seem like a decent enough investment.

Oh and BTW, our D did play well, but remember, the Eagles offense sucked insurmountable ass, they were even more pathetic that I can remember. So, lets see what our D does against a good OL and a good offense. Hopefully the same thing, but Id prefer to wait a bit. (Cant help it, Ive seen too much shit to be so easily convinced)

LOL Ross is not and never has been a shutdown corner. We invested in a nickel corner with Ross and punt returner. But your buddy is right about one thing, we need to start seeing him on the field because he just might be better than the garbage that we have out there now.

I'm sorry.....what?

Once again Ross shows us he is a play maker.

I'm sorry.....what?

Once again Ross shows us he is a play maker.

I stand by what I said. He's not a shutdown corner, because his weakness is man coverage. It was zone coverage that got him the td.

He played well, and if you reread my statement, I said he's likely better than what we had on the field week one and two.

I'm glad he's playing well by the way.

I have to agree with Nesta. I saw alot of Texas games and I didn't anything special about him. But I did like about the pick, was that we added speed to our secondary. I keep saying for years we need to add speed to this secondary. This does not mean I think he sucks....

But I'm happy he had a hell of a game.

Do you know that Ross was not playing in the first half....."due to a violation of team rules". I guess he did not wear the black socks to the meeting again.

That explains a lot. The defense wasn't half of what it was in the second half. Fact is when Ross is in he makes plays. You can see it in the pass rush alone.

That explains a lot. The defense wasn't half of what it was in the second half. Fact is when Ross is in he makes plays. You can see it in the pass rush alone.

I agree....I think it has to do with having a desire to excel more than just pure talent. Also having situational awareness such as it is 3 and 10 where you want to chuck the receiver and cut in front of him. If that was Webster he would have been 5 yards off of his receiver and watch him complete in front of him; hit him with a shoulder; and then watch as he gained another 10-15 yards.

I am of two minds about Cheerleader's rules and how he applies them. We all remember how that retarded fuck head butted a guy two plays in a row and was still playing. Then Kiwi suffers a brain freeze and Cheerleader is publicly all over him. Now if he did that to everyone I would have no problem with it. That he does it selectively and usually at times that it can hurt the Giants by keeping a key player on the bench then I say he is a lunatic for doing so.

I have to agree with Nesta. I saw alot of Texas games and I didn't anything special about him. But I did like about the pick, was that we added speed to our secondary. I keep saying for years we need to add speed to this secondary. This does not mean I think he sucks....

We have had some speed in the past.

Will Allen was speedy gonzalez

Will Peterson was very quick

Frank Walker was blazing fast

they all blew

but ya Ross looks nice out there

I guess we can all agree that Webster is a Buster

they all blew

What??? And I just ordered my WEBSTER jersey............................ :rolleyes:

they all blew

I was watching the highlights of the Giants game and here is an interesting stat. Who was the last Giant to get 2 INTs in 1 game. Our beloved Will Allen, I think in his rookie season.

Yah, so then tell me why Nesta claims he sucks in man coverage? I feel he WILL succeed in man to man simply because he IS fast and physical.