SportsWrath

Keyshawn

Would you take a flyer on Keyshawn if its cheap enough? (He was released by the Panthers today)

No...I think we have good talent at the WR positon...We just need to play them and get more expirience. Lets not forget, we still have Anthony Mix on the roster also.

Not now. I've always liked Keyshawn, but he wouldn't deserve a roster spot over the 4 guys we have now.

He will play though, he's still got some game left.

You mean you'll pass on the chance to get a proven receiver to supplement Plax when Plax plays like..well.. Plax? You know.. the towel tackles... quitting on plays.. throws hands in the air like he "jus don't care"?

You mean you'll pass on the chance to get a proven receiver to supplement Plax when Plax plays like..well.. Plax? You know.. the towel tackles... quitting on plays.. throws hands in the air like he "jus don't care"?

Hopefully the drafting of Steve Smith will light a fire under his ass.

Nas, why would I want to get a guy to supplement our supposed top receiver. Think about it for a second. If Shockey or Toomer can't do it, how would Keyshawn do it. Everybody hates on Plax and true he's not a great receiver, but there have been many games where he's done well, there have been many passes overthrown towards him where he's going up and caught it and made a play out of nothing. And for every play "he gives up on", he's been seen throwing blocks for Tiki on running plays. I don't condone throwing hands up Nas, but for fuck sake let's face facts here, sometimes Eli throws shitty passes and a lot of times he doesn't even notice the open receiver. You might throw your hands up also if you run 30 yards every play only for your quarterback to ignore you. By the way, not only do Shockey and Plax throw their hands in the air, Tiki did it, Toomer does it, and Coughlin does it and no-one says shit about it. It's really time for people to stop with that nonsense, it's such a small small factor.

Nas, c'mon man... this is the guy who wrote "Just Give Me the Damn Ball" and openly warred with Wayne Chrebet, possibly the biggest "feel good" free agent story before Kurt Warner. Then he had beef with Warren Sapp (who is admittedly an asshole), and got deactivated by John Gruden.

He's a jerk, a malcontent, and we already have two of those on offense. No thanks. :TD:

No...I think we have good talent at the WR positon...We just need to play them and get more expirience. Lets not forget, we still have Anthony Mix on the roster also.

C'mon.. you can say it...

:rolleyes:

Nas, c'mon man... this is the guy who wrote "Just Give Me the Damn Ball" and openly warred with Wayne Chrebet, possibly the biggest "feel good" free agent story before Kurt Warner. Then he had beef with Warren Sapp (who is admittedly an asshole), and got deactivated by John Gruden.

He's a jerk, a malcontent, and we already have two of those on offense. No thanks. :TD:

Ok, you (and Boohyah) got me there.

Every year same o shit! Every year "let's sign everybody that gets cut". Umm excuse me??? don't we have enough recievers on the Giants? Plus "Me- Shawn" is washed up. And even when MeShawn was in his prime....he wasn't alladat.

We haven't learned. Carlos Emmons, Arrington, Chad Morton, Madison, McQuarters....

:)

Every year same o shit! Every year "let's sign everybody that gets cut". Umm excuse me??? don't we have enough recievers on the Giants? Plus "Me- Shawn" is washed up. And even when MeShawn was in his prime....he wasn't alladat.

We haven't learned. Carlos Emmons, Arrington, Chad Morton, Madison, McQuarters....

Bro, I dont know how you could have a problem with Mcquarters. Dude played very good at nickle. And stepped up against some big name WR's. He isnt great, but he did a good job last year, and plays with alot of heart.

Bro, I dont know how you could have a problem with Mcquarters. Dude played very good at nickle. And stepped up against some big name WR's. He isnt great, but he did a good job last year, and plays with alot of heart.

No no. I'm convinced that if you just took McQuarters out on the field, you'd have a better chance of winning, he is

terrible.

We're not brining him as a starter. Would you take him over Jennings?

Mcquarters is a step slower...too old or whatever. And IT seemed like he was so lost out there covering the deep pass. I just don't know what it reall y was...the Giants scheme or McQuarters being too old.

We're not brining him as a starter. Would you take him over Jennings?

Nah....because ME-Shawn still thinks he warrants big reciever money. And why replace Jennings with MeShawn? Jennings has 'upside', Meshawn is washed up!

Hopefully the drafting of Steve Smith will light a fire under his ass.

And a healthy Sinorice Moss....

I agree with the sentiments so far...1 year contract at the most. However, I highly doubt that'll happen. I imagine Keyshawn is looking for a deal to take him into retirement. I'm guessing a 4 year deal with the last year being voidable by both parties. I wouldn't want to give him that deal, but I'm sure someone probably will.

And a healthy Sinorice Moss....

I agree with the sentiments so far...1 year contract at the most. However, I highly doubt that'll happen. I imagine Keyshawn is looking for a deal to take him into retirement. I'm guessing a 4 year deal with the last year being voidable by both parties. I wouldn't want to give him that deal, but I'm sure someone probably will.

Keyshawn has said he expects to play 1-2 more years and then retire. He's not unhappy about the Panthers cutting him, he expected it.

I see Keyshawn ending up with someone like the Colts/ Chargers or Bears, someone who's not far away from winning it all, he's not going to a loser right now.

Sign him and put him where?

It doesn't make sense to replace Toomer with him for a year when you have two WRs drafted in consecutive 2nd rounds waiting. If Toomer is healthy, he deserves a spot, since he's played well for us the past two seasons, at least up until the injury (actually, I think he made a couple plays for us with the injury--he didn't even realize he was injured until the following Monday). That's not even taking into consideration his career here. Besides, if Toomer is too old, why sign a 35 year-old?

You're not getting rid of Tyree, who is great at special teams, and does well when he comes off the bench. He does exactly what we drafted him to do.

Jennings? He barely dressed last year, so why put a 35 year-old at that spot? You might as well put Mix there, keep him off the practice squad, and get him some practice time.

As it is, assuming that Toomer comes back, I wouldn't be surprised to see Jennings gone, and Mix stay on the PS.