SportsWrath

Giants sign Drew Lock

Herc

Its a smart move...   Jones might not be ready for week one and even if we waste our #6 pick on whichever leftover QB is there, someone has to get under center.   Lock is someone, I guess

6 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Good. 

Everyone who wants to wait until the 2nd to draft a qb can see how a 2nd rounder plays. 

You mean like Jalen Hurts,Derek carr and Geno smith

Could have a worse backup.  

One one hand, we go into season with Jones, Lock, DeVito ljkely in that order on depth chart.

On other, we draft a guy and pivot out DeVito.  Drafted guy sits for a year and comes in next year to unseat Jones.  We can look to restructure or cut Jones...or we can resign Lock at that point if rook works out.

Creates options, which I think is a huge piece of free agency.

10 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Inb4 people read into this and he's cut during camp. 

I don’t know about getting cut during camp, they gave him $5mil all guaranteed. 

15 hours ago, boohyah said:

I am not sure Lock beats out Devito.

Me too. And I'm equally unsure Jones beats out Lock. Because at least Lock has the stones to attempt a pass inside the ten yard line. 

This is the most meh QB room the Giants have had since just before Kerry Collins arrived. 

31 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Lock probably starts week 1 if Jones is still ailing IMO.

Lock is just a better QB then jones. Not a guy who’s going to win a championship but still better then jones 

14 minutes ago, K3VIN said:

Lock is just a better QB then jones. Not a guy who’s going to win a championship but still better then jones 

I'd agree with that.

He hasn't had the sacks or injuries Jones has.

He'll give you 17 games and can actually score TDs. 

But saying he's better than Jones is like saying someone is better than DiVito, not saying much lol 

19 minutes ago, K3VIN said:

4 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I'd agree with that.

He hasn't had the sacks or injuries Jones has.

He'll give you 17 games and can actually score TDs. 

But saying he's better than Jones is like saying someone is better than DiVito, not saying much lol 

You guys should send me some of what you are smoking...  https://stathead.com/tiny/rMChj   Lock's best season of 2020 is worse than any Jones season outside of this past year shitfest.

Lock has never played 17 games in a season and if he does for the Giants next year we will be picking in the top 2 so there will be a new QB in town for 2025.

Yeah I don’t know where all he’s a good qb takes are coming from.  

here’s my reaction:

22 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Good. 

Everyone who wants to wait until the 2nd to draft a qb can see how a 2nd rounder plays. 

6 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Me too. And I'm equally unsure Jones beats out Lock. Because at least Lock has the stones to attempt a pass inside the ten yard line. 

This is the most meh QB room the Giants have had since just before Kerry Collins arrived. 

Yeah I am not sure how you think Lock might beat out Jones. Lock is nothing more than backup material and is average at best.

23 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

You guys should send me some of what you are smoking...  https://stathead.com/tiny/rMChj   Lock's best season of 2020 is worse than any Jones season outside of this past year shitfest.

Lock has never played 17 games in a season and if he does for the Giants next year we will be picking in the top 2 so there will be a new QB in town for 2025.

No fucking kidding. This guy lost his opportunity to start to Geno and teddy Bridgewater 

44 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

He's a backup QB at best. The hope is we draft a QB now. I'm still a big fan of Penis, I mean Penix, in the 2nd.