SportsWrath

The "fuck up our draft position" game thread

BlueInCanada

Strange game ……. Reminds me a bit of the “ Tank for Chase Young “ game a few years ago that Washington also wanted to lose more and they were just a bit more abysmal than us.

congrats to Devito for his first career win. 3 TD and sacked 9 times. Bizarre.

I will never understand the need or want in winning meaningless games.  Just tank it and get those picks.  People are probably playing for auditions... players and coaches.  Not even listening to the radio feed,  All I want are draft choices, trades, letting people go, signings and onward to next year.  This is not worth five minutes of my time.

20 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Hawkins really hasn't lived up to the preseason hype. 

Also pretty blatant penalty don't know why he's screaming. 

Giants beat writers are annoying. Every Giants 6th round plus CB of the last 5 years has had so much hype going into the season. Rodarius Williams. Remember when Corey Ballentine was a steal? Lol

Missed the game, I was on the road. Apparently I need to miss more games. 

when it comes to draft position, I don’t think tanking helps. I only believe in getting developmental players more experience after  the season goes to shit, but beyond that trying to play as well as possible is the way to improve more so than hoping for draft position. 

18 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I will never understand the need or want in winning meaningless games.  Just tank it and get those picks.  People are probably playing for auditions... players and coaches.  Not even listening to the radio feed,  All I want are draft choices, trades, letting people go, signings and onward to next year.  This is not worth five minutes of my time.

I just can’t root for my team to lose, I could never root for players or coaches who were not out there trying to win.    

I get the idea that a better draft pick would be potentially beneficial but that’s not why I watch football on Sundays 

I also watched the UNC Clemson game yesterday, and Maye looked pretty bad. He looks like he needs a good OL and lots of time to get through his reads. To be fair, he throws a pretty ball and made a few impressive throws, but overall not consistent enough.

I always liked Bo Nix better. Penix too but he's just too injury prone, so I give the nod to Nix, pick 5-12 or whatever.

2 hours ago, boohyah said:

Not sure I'll ever understand why fans want their team to lose games. Bizarre.

Because this season is over, but there will be other seasons and losing provides you with more and better options to fix your broken team.

9 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Because this season is over, but there will be other seasons and losing provides you with more and better options to fix your broken team.

Really?. Before last year we had 6 picks in the top ten in 5 drafts. How's that working out?.