SportsWrath

The "fuck up our draft position" game thread

BlueInCanada

At best the Giants will finish 7-10, that's still likely to get us in the top 6. And I expect Schoen is going to use that extra 2 to move up. 

Bears are the interesting one. They are going to find it hard not to go with Williams or Maye. Justin Fields probably goes for a second.

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Because this season is over, but there will be other seasons and losing provides you with more and better options to fix your broken team.

It’s hard In my mind relinquish enjoying winning a game today to potentially win a couple of games3  years from now.     

if we are talking the last Game of the season I think it’s a different conversation Than rooting for losses mid season 

12 hours ago, boohyah said:

Really?. Before last year we had 6 picks in the top ten in 5 drafts. How's that working out?.

The facts are as I said, you have more and better options with a higher pick. If the front office blows it then they played their hand poorly and that's on them. I'd rather come to the table with better cards than win a game that literally means nothing for the franchise. 

11 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

It’s hard In my mind relinquish enjoying winning a game today to potentially win a couple of games3  years from now.     

if we are talking the last Game of the season I think it’s a different conversation Than rooting for losses mid season 

I totally understand this point of view. It's also worth noting that coaches and players don't tank (unless you're the Eagles), and it's always more enjoyable to watch a competitive team regardless of the record.

Like I said in the previous post though, this game meant nothing to the franchise. I think most of us remember being jumped by the Titans to lose out on Jack Conklin in the 2016 draft, but how many remember the game we won late in the 2015 season against the Dolphins that dropped us four spots? We had to settle for Eli Fucking Apple instead of having our pick of Conklin or Floyd.

Higher picks are better for the long term health of the franchise, at least from a personnel point of view. Doesn't mean the GM won't fuck it up anyway.

7 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I totally understand this point of view. It's also worth noting that coaches and players don't tank (unless you're the Eagles), and it's always more enjoyable to watch a competitive team regardless of the record.

Like I said in the previous post though, this game meant nothing to the franchise. I think most of us remember being jumped by the Titans to lose out on Jack Conklin in the 2016 draft, but how many remember the game we won late in the 2015 season against the Dolphins that dropped us four spots? We had to settle for Eli Fucking Apple instead of having our pick of Conklin or Floyd.

Higher picks are better for the long term health of the franchise, at least from a personnel point of view. Doesn't mean the GM won't fuck it up anyway.

We settled on Eli Apple because our confused front office thought social media is a scouting method, are for some reason surprised a high school kid tried weed, and were too scared to take (three time pro bowler) Laremy Tunsil.

16 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Because this season is over, but there will be other seasons and losing provides you with more and better options to fix your broken team.

This... for every 86/90/07/11... you have years of hardship and pitiable play.  Have to write it... it is a PROCESS... :laugh: