SportsWrath

Daniel Jones

Sephiroth

4 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

yeah nobody has said or implied that Jones is the only one to blame. 

Exactly.

It's not like I ignore the historically bad Oline out there.

But I also don't ignore the historically bad QB either. 

Eli had the 31st ranked Oline in the NFL and got sacked 50+ times in 2012.

He lifted a Lombardi and should of been league MVP. 

2 hours ago, RandolphScott said:

Robinson was wide open for about 3 seconds on that play.

Waller was open on the pick 6 too. 

I'm not disputing any of that.    The guy is running for his life though.   It's easy for us to sit and point out who was open from the replays in the comfort of our couches but maybe just maybe it's a lot more difficult to process all of that knowing you're going to get crushed. 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Exactly.

It's not like I ignore the historically bad Oline out there.

But I also don't ignore the historically bad QB either. 

Eli had the 31st ranked Oline in the NFL and got sacked 50+ times in 2012.

He lifted a Lombardi and should of been league MVP. 

I don't know, I just think the title of the thread is telling.     There are people on this board who are historically anti-Jones and there are homers like me who are historically pro-Jones.   We get he's not Mahomes... but he sure the fuck has the worst offensive line I can think of... and to think our well performing rookie center and our stud LT were out of the game.... I wonder what could have gone wrong.  

How bad was our defense in 2012?   And it's not like Eli didn't make bad throws and had lots of INTs.    

39 minutes ago, Nas said:

I'm not disputing any of that.    The guy is running for his life though.   It's easy for us to sit and point out who was open from the replays in the comfort of our couches but maybe just maybe it's a lot more difficult to process all of that knowing you're going to get crushed. 

Nah, the issue is that even though he’s running for his life he’s not looking downfield. 

It was apparent the first drive he was not going to look downfield, and even if he did he couldn't pull the trigger.  Opening drive he rolled left, two guys were open.  The RB check down about 2 yards over the LOS and a WR about 10-15 yards downfield.  With a little time to throw, he threw it to the MORE covered guy closer to him.  

DJ just isn't it.  Call it shell shocked, whatever.  He has had years to figure his game out, showed a minimal level of competency last season, got paid, and just shows no spark and looks as bad as he ever has.  Bad fumbles, bad INTs, bad reads, bad pocket awareness, hell he can't even slide anymore when running.  

54 minutes ago, Virginia Giant said:

It was apparent the first drive he was not going to look downfield, and even if he did he couldn't pull the trigger.  Opening drive he rolled left, two guys were open.  The RB check down about 2 yards over the LOS and a WR about 10-15 yards downfield.  With a little time to throw, he threw it to the MORE covered guy closer to him.  

DJ just isn't it.  Call it shell shocked, whatever.  He has had years to figure his game out, showed a minimal level of competency last season, got paid, and just shows no spark and looks as bad as he ever has.  Bad fumbles, bad INTs, bad reads, bad pocket awareness, hell he can't even slide anymore when running.  

He doesn’t want to slide… trying too hard.   Not very smart of course but here we are.

On 10/3/2023 at 11:30 AM, Sephiroth said:

...has thrown as many TDs to his opponents as to his own team this season. 

On 10/3/2023 at 1:07 PM, Mr. P said:

He’s only thrown for more than 15 tds once.

He showed us who he is for the past 5 years, and we paid him still hoping he wasn’t that guy. 

On 10/3/2023 at 1:12 PM, BlueInCanada said:

I've been one of Jones hardest critics on here.

He impressed he with his poise and his ability to keep moving forward regardless of what is happening in the field.

However as a QB Jones is no better (on his good days) than a Matt Hassleback or an Alex Smith in the later years.

He needs support from his team or else he's just an average QB.

He's not a guy you want to be building a team around he's a guy who need to be on a team that's already built.

I feel for him because he doesn't complain and he shows up week in and out but he's not the right QB for this team and he never will be. 

On 10/3/2023 at 1:25 PM, jranieli said:

How do you guys think Jalen Hurts would fair with this offensive line and wide receiver group? I think it is a tall task for any qb to take. The whole offense is not built really well and looks like one of the first round offensive lineman is turning out to be a bust. A change in coaching personnel would be a start. The team plays much differently when Barkley is healthy. He's a huge loss. 

Pure Game Manager... shades of Danny Kannell.

On 10/3/2023 at 4:52 PM, RandolphScott said:

Robinson was wide open for about 3 seconds on that play.

Waller was open on the pick 6 too. 

The pick six Waller had the back of the endzone to himself.  Jones zeroed in on that Paris Campbell fuck and the rest is history... two Giants with two CB's and a nickel back waiting for a throw to pick off.