SportsWrath

Daniel Jones

Sephiroth

I've been one of Jones hardest critics on here.

He impressed he with his poise and his ability to keep moving forward regardless of what is happening in the field.

However as a QB Jones is no better (on his good days) than a Matt Hassleback or an Alex Smith in the later years.

He needs support from his team or else he's just an average QB.

He's not a guy you want to be building a team around he's a guy who need to be on a team that's already built.

I feel for him because he doesn't complain and he shows up week in and out but he's not the right QB for this team and he never will be. 

How do you guys think Jalen Hurts would fair with this offensive line and wide receiver group? I think it is a tall task for any qb to take. The whole offense is not built really well and looks like one of the first round offensive lineman is turning out to be a bust. A change in coaching personnel would be a start. The team plays much differently when Barkley is healthy. He's a huge loss. 

2 minutes ago, jranieli said:

How do you guys think Jalen Hurts would fair with this offensive line and wide receiver group? I think it is a tall task for any qb to take. The whole offense is not built really well and looks like one of the first round offensive lineman is turning out to be a bust. A change in coaching personnel would be a start. The team plays much differently when Barkley is healthy. He's a huge loss. 

But that's the thing.

If your team is that bad you don't sign an average QB to a 160 million dollar contract.

Also it's not like Jones is playing well even with protection.

He fails to see the blitz or adjust the protection. 

I hate the whole "this QB wouldn't do good behind this Oline" well were not talking about any QB were talking about the one we have who is eating up 47 million dollars in cap space next year. 

https://x.com/danorlovsky7/status/1709155176236355829?s=20 

The two highest paid guards in 2024. 

Quinten Nelson : 20 million cap hit. 

Chris Lindstrom: 18 million dollar cap hit. 

Jones cap number: 47.5 million.

We could theoretically pay the two best guards in the NFL and have change left over.

Or we could have Jones.

lol 

13 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

But that's the thing.

If your team is that bad you don't sign an average QB to a 160 million dollar contract.

I hate the whole "this QB wouldn't do good behind this Oline" well were not talking about any QB were talking about the one we have who is eating up 47 million dollars in cap space next year. 

I understand your points, but the Giants were good last year and he got a huge contract for his play. He had much more time and didn't have to scramble for his life on every play. 

There was one play last night early. Maybe the second or third series and Jones didn't see the guy coming from his blindside. Not not that sack from the cornerback who had that monster game. Much earlier than that. Probably a miss by the offensive lineman. 

32 minutes ago, jranieli said:

Everyone wanted to make fun of one of my mocks because I said we should draft 3 backs for when Barkley is no longer here.  Well... he's not here, see what happens? 

1 minute ago, Sephiroth said:

Everyone wanted to make fun of one of my mocks because I said we should draft 3 backs for when Barkley is no longer here.  Well... he's not here, see what happens? 

The whole offense is constructed horribly. The drop off is huge from the starter to backups. 

58 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I think we are all in shock because even the worst expectations for the season weren't this bad.

Any news on JMS injury?

Just that it's a shoulder and he and Bellinger were both hurt on the Jones ass pushing play.

2 hours ago, jranieli said:

Thank you.   Has any QB been sacked more than Jones so far this season?    Add to that that other teams have these monster wide receivers that bully the CB and snatch the ball anyway... For us... they can't even get open.    We have our fastest WR riding the bench for whatever reason and our D can't stop a damn thing... wtf happened to Sexy Dexy?

I think pinning ANYHING on Jones at this point is misdirected. yes, he's made mistakes... but what QB doesn't?   Fucking Patrick Mahomes threw 2 INTs (if not more) against the jets.   

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

But that's the thing.

No he wasn't wide open.   The defender was trailing him and could close on him in a split second.    

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

The two highest paid guards in 2024. 

Quinten Nelson : 20 million cap hit. 

Chris Lindstrom: 18 million dollar cap hit. 

Jones cap number: 47.5 million.

We could theoretically pay the two best guards in the NFL and have change left over.

Or we could have Jones.

lol 

But somehow that analogy didn't apply to Barkley who's a difference maker.    Besides, who said you could just sign those 2 guards anyway?

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

But that would mean not drafting for other positions.    What you're suggesting is just not realistic.    

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

The Oline is awful.

Jones is playing awful.

Both of these things can be true at the same time.

Jones is being paid as a top 10 QB, we should expect more. 

yeah nobody has said or implied that Jones is the only one to blame.