SportsWrath

Daniel Jones

Sephiroth

On 10/3/2023 at 5:08 PM, Mr. P said:

Yes Jones has been sacked a lot

I agree 100%... he is not a rookie... nor is he a second year player... come on you have to make some good decisions out there.  Plus they did not roll out or max protect... or just run the ball to beat up the defense some.  They have been too pass happy these first few games.  So guys pin their ears back and rush the QB.

On 10/3/2023 at 5:13 PM, RandolphScott said:

He held the ball way too long and got creamed in the mean time. 

Dude is shell shocked this season. 

Yes... he is hearing footsteps for sure.  I see it.  Been watching the Giants since Tarkenton ran around out there.  DJ and Barkley are not the future.  We shall see.  I will gladly eat my words if it turns out differently.

On 10/3/2023 at 5:30 PM, BlueInCanada said:

Exactly.

It's not like I ignore the historically bad Oline out there.

But I also don't ignore the historically bad QB either. 

Eli had the 31st ranked Oline in the NFL and got sacked 50+ times in 2012.

He lifted a Lombardi and should of been league MVP. 

He had a great throw and could feel the open receiver and hit them in stride... no fall downs and straight to the end zone.

On 10/3/2023 at 7:58 PM, Virginia Giant said:

It was apparent the first drive he was not going to look downfield, and even if he did he couldn't pull the trigger.  Opening drive he rolled left, two guys were open.  The RB check down about 2 yards over the LOS and a WR about 10-15 yards downfield.  With a little time to throw, he threw it to the MORE covered guy closer to him.  

DJ just isn't it.  Call it shell shocked, whatever.  He has had years to figure his game out, showed a minimal level of competency last season, got paid, and just shows no spark and looks as bad as he ever has.  Bad fumbles, bad INTs, bad reads, bad pocket awareness, hell he can't even slide anymore when running.  

On 10/3/2023 at 8:02 PM, RandolphScott said:

I am in agreement with VG on this.

Badaboom... excellent analysis.  You don't have to be all world running, just slide to the left or right sometimes... otherwise the defense will murder you.

4 hours ago, gmenroc said:

So yeah...I took Jones numbers and projected this pace over 17 games...lol.  Not all his fault as has been discussed, but damn...3.31 turnover/TD rate.

3251 pass yds

9 pass TDs

26 interceptions

735 rush yds

4 rush TDs

17 fumbles

Those are like some Madden stats.