SportsWrath

What would you like to see tonight?

Sephiroth

Everyone is getting this Thursday night game or overseas and all will have to deal with it. No excuses on that end. San Fran played Sunday also and we stayed in Arizona.

Some takes:

49ers overall just play at a different level. And if Purdy stays healthy I can't see them being stopped. They are strong everywhere. Things will change when they have to pay Purdy and move cap space around but for the next 2 years they have to be favorites to win again. The speed that line attack the ball is immense. I'm not going to judge the Oline on that game because San Fran are going to do that to everyone.

I thought we did well overall except the fucking tackling and lack of discipline was annoying. If we play like that the rest of the season, we'll beat some teams we're not expected to beat. Not quite as good the 2nd half against the Cards but nowhere near as bad the the Cowboys game.

Micah McFadden was excellent, love the energy.

On the flip side, McKinney was awful and hasn't been good at all this season. I think you now have to question his effort because those weren't even attempted tackles last night. Hard tp believe he was considered a hard hitting safety and then watch that last night.

Bitch #1 : This late hit on the qb shit is too much. What the fuck was Leo supposed to do there?. Enough, the league needs to be realistic here.

Bitch # 2: How is Trent Williams still on the field?. You can't punch a guy at all. Everyone saw that. That alone should have the refs reprimanded.

Overall, not as bad a night as what was being predicted, we showed up.

44 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

I always preferred 1 pm games with the occasional 4 pm game.  One MNF or TNF football game maximum.  All of these prime time games were made for west coast teams and fans. :TD:

Yeah bro.  Give me 17 1 pm games 

19 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Him and Shanahan will be joined at the hip for the next number of years.

Clearly a HC and QB who understand what they want to do on the field.

As you said too Purdy isn't this one year wonder. 

19 hours ago, mastershake said:

I learned Brock Purdy is the real deal. The Giants were bringing decent pressure all night and the kid still made good decisions and got the ball to the right place consistently.

Micah McFadden made a big leap last night.

Purdy had almost 3 INTs in the 1st half - our defense ALSO couldnt catch a thing. Purdy was average last night - even the TD to Samuel was just a blind chuck with pressure in his face and Samuel just made a play - something Waller DIDNT do on that long pass. Our WR core is giving zero help - and Jones has had 3 tipped INTs so far - every game - there is one tipped INT. The only shit INT he threw was against Dallas while going out of bounds.

9 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Without the refs or the 49ers dropping passes, we only score 3 points lol if you want to talk about breaks. 

The 49ers didn't play that well. 

Not like week 1. 

Just because we lost doesn't mean we can't call the game for what it is. 

49ers didnt play too well - but our defense played like shit on 3rd downs. Im sick and tired of watching screens fucking on 3rd and long that often. Its been years now. This was a 3rd down game. Tackling has been poor. But on that note - JMS looks like he is coming along well. Im not too disappointed with this game - the Seattle game is the one Im looking forward to get to 2-2.

BTW Why did Jalin Hyatt have zero catches/targets????? Was there something else in plan inside house?

10 hours ago, Herc said:

Yeah bro.  Give me 17 1 pm games 

Same here.   Before having kids, it was the agony of waiting for the late or night games.   Now, with 3 children, my wife and I split the duties between getting them ready for bed and taking them to bed… even after that gotta keep an eye on the baby monitor…. And of course threr’s needing to wake up early the next day for kids to go to school and work…. This schedule is just bullshit.

The Giants staying in Arizona because of the next game is bullshit too…. Home is where you rest.   But thanks to the schedule they had to choose the lesser of two evils.

4 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Purdy had almost 3 INTs in the 1st half - our defense ALSO couldnt catch a thing. Purdy was average last night - even the TD to Samuel was just a blind chuck with pressure in his face and Samuel just made a play - something Waller DIDNT do on that long pass. Our WR core is giving zero help - and Jones has had 3 tipped INTs so far - every game - there is one tipped INT. The only shit INT he threw was against Dallas while going out of bounds.

49ers didnt play too well - but our defense played like shit on 3rd downs. Im sick and tired of watching screens fucking on 3rd and long that often. Its been years now. This was a 3rd down game. Tackling has been poor. But on that note - JMS looks like he is coming along well. Im not too disappointed with this game - the Seattle game is the one Im looking forward to get to 2-2.

BTW Why did Jalin Hyatt have zero catches/targets????? Was there something else in plan inside house?

I was scratching my head about Hyatt’s lack of playing time time.   Daboll (in the New York Post today) justified it with some bullshit about having a “plan” for each player…. I couldn’t finish reading because it’s just bullshit.

36 minutes ago, Nas said:

Same here.   Before having kids, it was the agony of waiting for the late or night games.   Now, with 3 children, my wife and I split the duties between getting them ready for bed and taking them to bed… even after that gotta keep an eye on the baby monitor…. And of course threr’s needing to wake up early the next day for kids to go to school and work…. This schedule is just bullshit.

The Giants staying in Arizona because of the next game is bullshit too…. Home is where you rest.   But thanks to the schedule they had to choose the lesser of two evils.

The schedule is bullshit but it's bullshit across the league. I would have no Monday or Thursday night games. And for me every game would be 1pm.

But the NFL gave in long ago and teams won't complain next few years with all that money coming in

Skins and Cowboys lost today. Man, the bar I was at were going crazy after the interception in the endzone. Everyone was chanting Cowbows suck lol. At least we have the mutual hatred with the Eagles fans. Going to be tough next week. Panthers made it a game at one point. 

On 9/23/2023 at 9:15 AM, boohyah said:

The schedule is bullshit but it's bullshit across the league. I would have no Monday or Thursday night games. And for me every game would be 1pm.

But the NFL gave in long ago and teams won't complain next few years with all that money coming in

TV money runs the whole fucking thing in sports but especially the NFL. The two most important guys on the field are the ones along the sidelines at about the 20 yard line with the orange and lime green sleeves, hats and gloves on that tell ere’body when the commercials get to run.

1 hour ago, Giants Shredder said:

TV money runs the whole fucking thing in sports but especially the NFL. The two most important guys on the field are the ones along the sidelines at about the 20 yard line with the orange and lime green sleeves, hats and gloves on that tell ere’body when the commercials get to run.

WORD... best seat in the house is at home... not the stadium these days.  The NFL is at the mercy of TV... bread and circuses.

4 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

WORD... best seat in the house is at home... not the stadium these days.  The NFL is at the mercy of TV... bread and circuses.

Most def.   Given the choice between sitting in my living room with the heat on for free or paying a couple of hundred dollars plus traffic and being cold and miserable, I’ll choose the former.

Besides last time I was at a game with my buddy TrashTalker, I forgot about adulthood and was the 10 year old version of me and lost my voice shouting at everything 😂 

On 9/23/2023 at 7:29 AM, boohyah said:

Everyone is getting this Thursday night game or overseas and all will have to deal with it. No excuses on that end. San Fran played Sunday also and we stayed in Arizona.

Some takes:

49ers overall just play at a different level. And if Purdy stays healthy I can't see them being stopped. They are strong everywhere. Things will change when they have to pay Purdy and move cap space around but for the next 2 years they have to be favorites to win again. The speed that line attack the ball is immense. I'm not going to judge the Oline on that game because San Fran are going to do that to everyone.

I thought we did well overall except the fucking tackling and lack of discipline was annoying. If we play like that the rest of the season, we'll beat some teams we're not expected to beat. Not quite as good the 2nd half against the Cards but nowhere near as bad the the Cowboys game.

Micah McFadden was excellent, love the energy.

On the flip side, McKinney was awful and hasn't been good at all this season. I think you now have to question his effort because those weren't even attempted tackles last night. Hard tp believe he was considered a hard hitting safety and then watch that last night.

Bitch #1 : This late hit on the qb shit is too much. What the fuck was Leo supposed to do there?. Enough, the league needs to be realistic here.

Bitch # 2: How is Trent Williams still on the field?. You can't punch a guy at all. Everyone saw that. That alone should have the refs reprimanded.

Overall, not as bad a night as what was being predicted, we showed up.

Totally agree - this team didnt play as bad i had expected. Defense shat the bed this game - you drop 3 INTs, and then cant tackle someone's grandma - you aint gonna win in this league. Seattle game is gonna be crucial.

15 hours ago, Nas said:

Most def.   Given the choice between sitting in my living room with the heat on for free or paying a couple of hundred dollars plus traffic and being cold and miserable, I’ll choose the former.

Besides last time I was at a game with my buddy TrashTalker, I forgot about adulthood and was the 10 year old version of me and lost my voice shouting at everything 😂 

My son is going to the game Monday night for his birthday with his buddies...  he asked if I wanted to go and I said no way did I want to go to a MNF game, my old ass struggles to stay up to halftime.

20 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Also, I can't put my finger on why, but baseball games in person are just more relaxing than NFL football games in person. NFL football to me is stressful to watch in person. It could just be the slower pace of baseball that does that.

It also helps to watch at home, with things like NFL redzone, and all the fantasy stuff I have going on, so I can capture all the games at once.

13 hours ago, mastershake said:

Also, I can't put my finger on why, but baseball games in person are just more relaxing than NFL football games in person. NFL football to me is stressful to watch in person. It could just be the slower pace of baseball that does that.

It also helps to watch at home, with things like NFL redzone, and all the fantasy stuff I have going on, so I can capture all the games at once.

I don’t care about watching any other football while the Giants are playing.. maybe flip the channel or check the ESPN app to see other NFC east team scores but no redzone or anything else.   

I watch some baseball in October but meh… 

On 9/25/2023 at 4:31 PM, Nas said:

TT brings out the beast in you mang.  Yeah.. the last time I was at a stadium... Giants Stadium was in 2000 up high at the 50 yard line, it was beautiful.  A late September game at 1 PM... the temperature was all good and I was not driving.  My oldest sister paid for all of the concessions... I was 36.

20 hours ago, GorillaNJ said:

My son is going to the game Monday night for his birthday with his buddies...  he asked if I wanted to go and I said no way did I want to go to a MNF game, my old ass struggles to stay up to halftime.

For sure... I hated that next day work grind...

20 hours ago, mastershake said:

6 hours ago, boohyah said:

Baseball is the opposite. Much better to watch in person. Have never watched a full baseball game on TV.

Baseball was equal for me... I enjoyed watching live and at home.

10 hours ago, Nas said:

I don’t care about watching any other football while the Giants are playing.. maybe flip the channel or check the ESPN app to see other NFC east team scores but no redzone or anything else.   

I watch some baseball in October but meh… 

Oh yes, definitely when the Giants are on, it's only the Giants, but if I go to a Giants game at say 1pm est, I'm not able to catch the other games at 4pm est...because then I'm spending 2 hours trying to get home from that stadium lol