SportsWrath

What would you like to see tonight?

Sephiroth

Not as bad as I actually thought.

We missed a few key plays

Zebras fucked us a lot of 3rd downs

Defense got fucked on a lot of 3rd downs

Overall it was a 3rd down conversion or stopping kinda game - and we lost the battle there. Im not too mad - i wasnt expecting us to even compete on a 4 day turnaround with no Thomas, Saquon etc. But good that we now have 11 days to recuperate a home and begin for the next few games which arent a gimme or a giveaway.

I don't think anyone thought this was going to be a winnable game. 

49ers are contending for a SB, we might be lucky to have a positive record this year.

Even with the 49ers playing just awful football last night with the numerous penalties and drops they still heavily outmatched the Giants across the board. 

The defense really needs to figure itself out, you can't be giving up 28+ points a game and expect to win in the NFL (baring a historic comeback lol) 

Maybe the league figured out Winks schemes or we just don't have the talent maybe both but something isn't right with the defense, all starting with the Dline. We can't get any pressure when it matters, even sending multiple blitzers. The 49er WRs had a field day in third down, and routinely were wide open.

The offence needs to find a way to make Jones a threat without Barkley. It was clear the 49ers defensive gameplan was "make Jones beat us" while ignoring all RPO or PA plays. We need to either find a threat RB behind Barkley to keep defenses honest, or our 43 million dollar QB needs to find a way to make defense respect his passing. 

Could of been much worse but on to the next game, 11 days to prepare for Seattle, let's see if they can address any of these problems. 

Gano and Gillan for MVP yo.  

17 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Let's keep it real... there is a 0% chance of us winning this game tonight.  2 of our 3 best offensive players are out, we have a patchwork O-line against one of the best defenses in the league, and we just let John Connor terminate our defense for a billion yards... Dex and Leo still haven't shown up this year. 

However, I would like to see some small victories tonight as far as the seasons goes.  What would make me happy? 

1.  Kayvon Thibodeaux gets a sack and several pressures. 

2.  Joe Isuzu and Evan Neal don't completely embarass themselves.  Let's say they give up 3 sacks between them. 

3. Wan'Dale Robinson returns to the lineup and has 1-2 catches to shake off the rust.   Additionally, Jaylin Hyatt and Darren Waller make some plays in the middle of the field (fucking forget anything down the field against this front, Jones will get killed). 

4.  We don't get shut out on the scoreboard. 

What would make you guys happy tonight? 

Whelp, we got all of that.  I guess I should be happy. 

Just now, mastershake said:

I learned Brock Purdy is the real deal. The Giants were bringing decent pressure all night and the kid still made good decisions and got the ball to the right place consistently.

Him and Shanahan will be joined at the hip for the next number of years.

Clearly a HC and QB who understand what they want to do on the field.

As you said too Purdy isn't this one year wonder. 

The NFL's explanation for why they didn't eject Trent Williams:

“When we have a flag thrown on the field for unnecessary roughness, members of the officiating department are able to review available video, Rule 19, to determine if there is a flagrant action that should result in a disqualification,” NFL senior vice president of officiating Walt Anderson said after the game. “We ended up looking at the video we had available to us, and we just didn’t see anything that rose to the level of flagrant, which is the standard that we have to apply to disqualify the player.”

A deliberate punch to the face apparently doesn’t qualify if it’s a Giants player on the receiving end.

Marian-Webster definition of Flagrant:

"So obviously inconsistent with what is right or proper as to appear to be a flouting of law or morality."

So I guess the NFL would have us believe that punching a player in the helmet is NOT flouting their rules, and is consistent with what is right and proper.

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

The NFL's explanation for why they didn't eject Trent Williams:

“When we have a flag thrown on the field for unnecessary roughness, members of the officiating department are able to review available video, Rule 19, to determine if there is a flagrant action that should result in a disqualification,” NFL senior vice president of officiating Walt Anderson said after the game. “We ended up looking at the video we had available to us, and we just didn’t see anything that rose to the level of flagrant, which is the standard that we have to apply to disqualify the player.”

A deliberate punch to the face apparently doesn’t qualify if it’s a Giants player on the receiving end.

Marian-Webster definition of Flagrant:

"So obviously inconsistent with what is right or proper as to appear to be a flouting of law or morality."

So I guess the NFL would have us believe that punching a player in the helmet is NOT flouting their rules, and is consistent with what is right and proper.

Not when you're the best LT in the NFL apparently.

When Thomas gets back he should just start punching people all game long. 

6 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I don't think anyone thought this was going to be a winnable game. 

49ers are contending for a SB, we might be lucky to have a positive record this year.

Even with the 49ers playing just awful football last night with the numerous penalties and drops they still heavily outmatched the Giants across the board. 

The defense really needs to figure itself out, you can't be giving up 28+ points a game and expect to win in the NFL (baring a historic comeback lol) 

Maybe the league figured out Winks schemes or we just don't have the talent maybe both but something isn't right with the defense, all starting with the Dline. We can't get any pressure when it matters, even sending multiple blitzers. The 49er WRs had a field day in third down, and routinely were wide open.

The offence needs to find a way to make Jones a threat without Barkley. It was clear the 49ers defensive gameplan was "make Jones beat us" while ignoring all RPO or PA plays. We need to either find a threat RB behind Barkley to keep defenses honest, or our 43 million dollar QB needs to find a way to make defense respect his passing. 

Could of been much worse but on to the next game, 11 days to prepare for Seattle, let's see if they can address any of these problems. 

Gano and Gillan for MVP yo.  

Oh for fuck's sake stop it with this bs about the 9ers playing "awful football".    It's like everything went their fucking way.    Our team never got any breaks (granted they D played like pussies out there).    

4 hours ago, Nas said:

Oh for fuck's sake stop it with this bs about the 9ers playing "awful football".    It's like everything went their fucking way.    Our team never got any breaks (granted they D played like pussies out there).    

Also a ton of bullshit penalties.

5 hours ago, Nas said:

Without the refs or the 49ers dropping passes, we only score 3 points lol if you want to talk about breaks. 

The 49ers didn't play that well. 

Not like week 1. 

Just because we lost doesn't mean we can't call the game for what it is. 

39 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Without the refs or the 49ers dropping passes, we only score 3 points lol if you want to talk about breaks. 

The 49ers didn't play that well. 

Not like week 1. 

Just because we lost doesn't mean we can't call the game for what it is. 

Dude, our team was jet lagged from trips to AZ then SF.    And our star LT and star RB we’re out.    The 9ers got all the breaks and made unbelievable catches.    

I was upset with our D but remembered they’re still sore from the AZ gome and all that travel.   Fuck the 9ers and their fake fans…. 

4 minutes ago, Nas said:

Dude, our team was jet lagged from trips to AZ then SF.    And our star LT and star RB we’re out.    The 9ers got all the breaks and made unbelievable catches.    

I was upset with our D but remembered they’re still sore from the AZ gome and all that travel.   Fuck the 9ers and their fake fans…. 

Yeah WTF is up with literally no 1pm games for the Giants until week 5?

Team didn't travel though, they stayed on the West Coast this week.