SportsWrath

Cuts

Mr. P

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

To be fair, Collin Johnson and Bryce Ford Wheaton have had some pretty serious injuries.

Yeah misread the Bryce to IR, thought he was cut.

Tough break but he'll get his chance next year.

Glad the Giants brought in those 20 WRs.

In a way, kinda not bad he got hurt.  Allows us time to build relationship and get him right an recovered.  Keeps other teams from taking him off our practice squad...cause despite his play, I didn't see him cracking the top 6 WRs.

Another chance next year for sure.

29 minutes ago, jranieli said:

Aaron Rodgers said something like it's the best turf he has played on. I wish they would go to grass, but I guess that would be expensive. 

Yeah the new turf apparently is getting rave reviews. 

I think the problem with grass is just how chewed to shit it gets and you end up playing on green painted dirt by October/November. 

It's great if you have a stadium like Arizona that wheels it's field in and out for the sun everyday, don't know if these more northern stadiums can figure something out.

5 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah the new turf apparently is getting rave reviews. 

I think the problem with grass is just how chewed to shit it gets and you end up playing on green painted dirt by October/November. 

It's great if you have a stadium like Arizona that wheels it's field in and out for the sun everyday, don't know if these more northern stadiums can figure something out.

somehow all the soccer fields in Britain can do it. 

13 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

I have no idea about soccer but do they play well into November/December with open field stadiums? 

Only the German leagues take a break during winter as far as I know. Lots of clubs also have under soil heating. Every week those pitches are pristine and I am sure they spend a boatload on keeping them looking that way. I don't know why they can't put in grass at MetLife. All I can really think of is that the type of grass needed for football games is different that soccer games. Football is slower and the players are built differently. Traction is important, right? Especially for linemen. 

30 minutes ago, jranieli said:

Only the German leagues take a break during winter as far as I know. Lots of clubs also have under soil heating. Every week those pitches are pristine and I am sure they spend a boatload on keeping them looking that way. I don't know why they can't put in grass at MetLife. All I can really think of is that the type of grass needed for football games is different that soccer games. Football is slower and the players are built differently. Traction is important, right? Especially for linemen. 

Get some of these EU technologies and field keepers here then. 

I do agree though ware and tare of two different spots, although soccer does have some fast movement it seems all pretty linear with less cutting and digging in to the turf.

Where as you get 9 300+ lineman slamming into each other and digging into the turf for traction 80 times a game, going to cause some issues. 

1 hour ago, Mr. P said:

somehow all the soccer fields in Britain can do it. 

I would love a return to grass too...but two NFL teams....and the Hash Marks being as close as they are ....that field would cost a small fortune to maintain, even with a Hybred turf like they have at Lambeau, the Lync and Soldiers Field.

Like always, I blame the Jets.

C. Wagon

4 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I would love a return to grass too...but two NFL teams....and the Hash Marks being as close as they are ....that field would cost a small fortune to maintain, even with a Hybred turf like they have at Lambeau, the Lync and Soldiers Field.

Like always, I blame the Jets.

C. Wagon

I may just take you the future here so bear with me:

What if we replaced the hashmarks (and all paining for that matter with precise lighting from above.