SportsWrath

Cuts

Mr. P

No surprises thus far.

I don't see too many question marks on this team, in terms of cuts.

Not so much of a question mark, but possibly the only somewhat disappointing narrative is DJ Davidson. I bet he's on the outside looking in due to us being stacked at the DT position, especially with Jordon Riley age 25 looking good. He's probably going to get cut. Hopefully he makes it to the practice squad.

39 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

I don’t see it that way.   I would have been happy with Bellinger, Cager, and some guy I never heard of.  

Cager is basically a WR at this point, much like Waller, both whom can't block really.

Bellinger gets hurt then we lose a really valuable blocker is all I mean.

23 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Cager is basically a WR at this point, much like Waller, both whom can't block really.

Bellinger gets hurt then we lose a really valuable blocker is all I mean.

With no FB on the team, and only one TE who can block, I'd be somewhat surprised if  Schoen doesn't look to bring in a cheap blocking TE, after Tuesday cuts.

9 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I am happy with Bellinger, Waller, Cager...I am guessing any one of them can lead block for Barkley if needed at FB.

Not stoked at carrying 4 TE on active roster

With no FB, and if we're only carrying 3 RB's, it might make sense though...especially considering our interior OL looks shaky going into the season, and Evan Neal is a work in progress.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

With no FB, and if we're only carrying 3 RB's, it might make sense though...especially considering our interior OL looks shaky going into the season, and Evan Neal is a work in progress.

Wouldn't hate 4 TEs if we don't have a FB...but just feels like that spot could be used at DT or WR where we seem to have a number of guys we want to keep without a roster spot for them.

Dunno...will be good with what Shoen does...he has earned trust

20 hours ago, Nas said:

I may just take you the future here so bear with me:

What if we replaced the hashmarks (and all paining for that matter with precise lighting from above.    

The issue with the hash marks being so close is that it insures 100% of the line of scrimmage scrums where the biggest guys rumble...occur on about 15% to 20% of the turf.

C. Wagon

14 hours ago, mastershake said:

With no FB on the team, and only one TE who can block, I'd be somewhat surprised if  Schoen doesn't look to bring in a cheap blocking TE, after Tuesday cuts.

What is the word on Sweeney after his "Medical Event"?

He is more than a serviceable TE when health and is a good Pro.

C. Wagon

Giants' cuts today so far ... 
WR Jamison Crowder
RB Jashaun Corbin
ILB Dyontae Johnson
LS Cameron Lyons
WR Kalil Pimpleton
OL Tyre Phillips
OLB Habakkuk Baldonado
QB Tommy DeVito
ILB Ray Wilborn
OLB Oshane Ximines
WR David Sills
OLB Tomon Fox

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

Really hoping he ends up on the practice squad 

Could be why the Giants didn't play him muc, less tape and optics for someone to poach him.

If he clears waivers he could fill into that new "QB 3 " spot the league created last year. 

15 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Could be why the Giants didn't play him muc, less tape and optics for someone to poach him.

If he clears waivers he could fill into that new "QB 3 " spot the league created last year. 

he played a lot didn’t he?