SportsWrath

Giants v Colts thread ....biggest game in years

UK-Giantsfan

33 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Fuck them both. I can't seperate them either.

My best friend is a Cowboys fan... He knows I will NEVER root for his team under ANY circumstances (well maybe if they're playing the Eagles in the playoffs but even then I'd rather drink bleach that root for either team).    He knows his team sucks... the line "Your team hasn't won anything since we had dial-up internet" never gets old... And it helps that he actually roots for the Giants.   But the Eagles... this is their peak year... if they don't win it this year, it will be tougher next year because a lot of their players are looking to get paid.  

53 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Yeah, fuck 'em both. Hard for me, the old lady is from Texas and a Cowboys fan. She roots for the Giants at times though, so it softens the blow. Thanksgiving, this last one in particular, is a total nightmare for me. She's got 4 siblings in town, plus their kids and their kids and before you know it, it's like 28 to 1. Can't stand Thanksgiving anymore. 

Chicks are funny.  Being able to root for a rival like that. 

12 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

i'm so pumped for this game ......huge opportunity ....we simply must win

love this team under Daboll 

incredible achievement if we make the playoffs this year with this roster

Go Blue !!!

Good statement bro

Takes me back to 1981

Gotta be a top 5 game I’ve ever been to. It was so much fun. Topped it off with the Jones chant. Good for him. 

I don’t know guys, this whole scene is kinda reminiscent of 07. Whatever happens from here though, great season. 

2 hours ago, JayD said:

Gotta be a top 5 game I’ve ever been to. It was so much fun. Topped it off with the Jones chant. Good for him. 

I don’t know guys, this whole scene is kinda reminiscent of 07. Whatever happens from here though, great season. 

the only serious parallel I can draw to 2007 is this team has improved steadily all year, and now has a meaningless game in the final week of the season against a more talented team playing for much more than us. Instead of history, this time its a first seed and a playoff bye week. 

play 'em close, win it, lose it, who cares, just play them close and build some confidence heading into the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, CrazedDogs said:

the only serious parallel I can draw to 2007 is this team has improved steadily all year, and now has a meaningless game in the final week of the season against a more talented team playing for much more than us. Instead of history, this time its a first seed and a playoff bye week. 

play 'em close, win it, lose it, who cares, just play them close and build some confidence heading into the playoffs. 

I don’t think next week’s game is meaningless in the sense that I’d like to beat the fuck out of the eagles… deny them the bye and home field advantage… 

2 minutes ago, Nas said:

I don’t think next week’s game is meaningless in the sense that I’d like to beat the fuck out of the eagles… deny them the bye and home field advantage… 

its a golden situation because the game only has whatever meaning we - and by we, I mean the coaches and team - give it. 

2 hours ago, JayD said:

The last time a member of my family was in attendance for a playoff clinching game was me in Buffalo in 2007.   They went on to win the super bowl.    Yesterday my cousin was in attendance for the clinch.  

the stars are aligning. 

NFC Least my ass!! The NFC Beast is back!!

If we get a Playoff win as well - then Im creaming my pants and looking at the Lombardi.

Lewis is already warning the team not to do the mistakes they did a.k.a Boat Party. Fucking Shep and Odell both dropped sureshot TDs in that game against GB the next week - a game that Eli was very much in the zone.