SportsWrath

Win and we're in.

BlueInCanada

30 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Pretty fucking wild that last year this team looked like it couldn't beat a varsity highschool team, and now the Giants are a win away from the palooofs.

Crazy to see what a good coaching staff can do for a team after 10+ years of gutter trash coaching. 

Somehow doing it all with only a WR #3 (Slayton), and two #5-6 WR's in Hodgins and James, and without a good TE too.

24 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Somehow doing it all with only a WR #3 (Slayton), and two #5-6 WR's in Hodgins and James, and without a good TE too.

LB core doesn't have a single worth while players on it. 

Secondary is down to Love.

Team is held together with spit and tape.

Fucking Daboll and Barkley about to drag this team to the post season. 

45 minutes ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Hate to pour water on the fire but we did have an easy schedule. It’s so easy, even Skins have a winning record. 

More water would be reminding us that the giants are 1-4-1 in the last 6 games.  

Not that I’m one to complain about limping backwards into the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Sometimes I have to go to the NYG subreddit and remind people complaining about Kafka and Martindale that our skill position starters are two guys named Nick McCloud and Fabian Moreau and the other two are named Isiah Hodgins and Richie James.

1 hour ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Hate to pour water on the fire but we did have an easy schedule. It’s so easy, even Skins have a winning record. 

I'm not sure that's actually the case anymore. NFC East has the most wins in football, Lions, Pack, Seattle, Jacksonville, and Titans are all fringe playoff teams, and Minny/Baltimore have already clinched spots.

The only gimme games were the Bears, Panthers, and Houston really.

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yup, plus the interior offensive line leaves a lot to be desired, and Neal is going through Rookie growing pains.

Definitely feels like a duct taped team.

If they make the playoffs, Daboll should be coach of the year.

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

Bellinger has been a pleasant surprise though. I think he’ll be a plus player going forward.

He seems decent, but seems more of a TE2 or low end TE1. 8.4 yards per catch? I think we can do better at the position. He doesn't really threaten defenses. Mike Geseki or Austin Hooper would be intriguing free agent signings, and I don't think they would cost all that much.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

He seems decent, but seems more of a TE2 or low end TE1. 8.4 yards per catch? I think we can do better at the position. He doesn't really threaten defenses. Mike Geseki or Austin Hooper would be intriguing free agent signings, and I don't think they would cost all that much.

He has some speed, I think the avg yards per reception only tells us what kind of routes he’s run so far. He brought his average up on the fumble, lol.

I agree - a legit TE will help a lot, we’re in great shape if Bellinger is our TE2. Seems Kafka is happy to run a lot of heavy looks, so may as well lean into that. 

3 hours ago, The P said:

More water would be reminding us that the giants are 1-4-1 in the last 6 games.  

Not that I’m one to complain about limping backwards into the playoffs. 

Even more water would be to remember McAdoo had us in the playoffs in his first year, and we all know what happened after that. 

Of course, he inherited a better team than Daboll did, just thought I's throw the water out there. 

7 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Sometimes I have to go to the NYG subreddit and remind people complaining about Kafka and Martindale that our skill position starters are two guys named Nick McCloud and Fabian Moreau and the other two are named Isiah Hodgins and Richie James.

I will always go for football guys who are aggressive and go for it

Read and react is when you are too old to do with instinct and have played for 5 to 10 years and know what the new play 

9 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

He's got a bright future, dude is what you want in a TE.

To bad he's the only TE worth a damn lol 

Just to throw in this fact and piss everyone off - Evan Engram is putting up legendary numbers over in Jax - I havent even seen any drops there.....

6 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Just to throw in this fact and piss everyone off - Evan Engram is putting up legendary numbers over in Jax - I havent even seen any drops there.....

Some players really don’t do well in cold weather… He could be one of those.

8 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

It's amazing what you can do with fast receiving TE when you don't have him running 3 yard in/out routes 90% of the time on passing plays.

23 minutes ago, mastershake said:

It's amazing what you can do with fast receiving TE when you don't have him running 3 yard in/out routes 90% of the time on passing plays.

He never got it together here, period. A chance of scenery (and temperature) is what he needed… At least that’s how it seems.

8 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Dude has 723 yards in 15 games, roughly a quarter of which came in one game. He also has 5 drops. He's averaging 48 yards per game and still doesn't block.

Let's pump the breaks on legendary Evan Engram.