SportsWrath

NY Giants @ Vikings game thread!

TrashTalker92

2 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

… yeah, fair take. I can take issue with a few play calls, but not many, and on the balance got to give credit to the coaches and Daniel Jones for simply playing even with them. We’re a Richie James dumbfuck drop from a win, a ridiculous field goal from overtime. I’ll say this: I want the Vikings in the playoffs. They’re nothing special, I think these are two evenly matched teams as is, and what happens when Jackson and McKinney are back?

Both of those guys are massive losses. I swear the Giants should still fine McKinney for being that stupid.

1 hour ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Seriously. Imagine if we have a decent WR?  My god.  I hate Galloday!!!  You fuck!!  

55 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Just clear after today what this team might do if it had decent players. The interception is Hodgins getting bullied off the ball and Richie James can't make a catch when he needs to.  Still thought it was a good game for them overall.

These exactly.

Take a look at our roster; it's awful. Our #1 WR is any other team in the league's practice squad guy; ditto for our three interior o-linemen. We've been squeezing blood out of this stone all season... and despite this, Jones looks downright decent.

Imagine how this coaching staff and QB will do next season when their top WR isn't Richie James and Jon Feliciano isn't snapping the ball.

14 hours ago, boohyah said:

There's no secret to Wink's defense. He did the same thing in Baltimore. He got burned at the end of season last year also, blitzing when his secondary was depleted. That's why he's gone from there. 

He doesn’t have many options.   I have no issue with the call.

4 minutes ago, Nas said:

Exactly.  A number one WR is a top priority.

And an interior offensive lineman. Shoen and Daboll have done better than anyone expected this season but I don't think anyone can deny that Zach Tom and Jamaree Salyer would look a lot better on this roster right now than Dane Belton and Marcus McKethan.

43 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

And an interior offensive lineman. Shoen and Daboll have done better than anyone expected this season but I don't think anyone can deny that Zach Tom and Jamaree Salyer would look a lot better on this roster right now than Dane Belton and Marcus McKethan.

True.   I’m just looking at what other QBs are working with compared DJ and it’s laughable.   DJ can play in this league… at a very high level.   He easily outperformed Cousins yesterday.   I’m not mincing words when I say I’ll pick DJ over any other QB in the league not named Mahomes (but even then I’d still pick DJ because I’m a homer like that 😂 )

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

The only thing I don’t get is, they needed a play, we knew that ball was going to Jefferson. If there were any play to double if not triple cover a guy, that was it, and we didn’t.

I’m not sure it worked quite like that.   Seeing Jefferson blanketed might’ve altered the decision Cousins made… probably to a wide open receiver…. The blitzers couldn’t get there fast enough…. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

The only thing I don’t get is, they needed a play, we knew that ball was going to Jefferson. If there were any play to double if not triple cover a guy, that was it, and we didn’t.

Then Thielen is wide open who is a legit #1 in the NFL.

I don't have a problem with Winks playcalling.

He has practice squad players trying to cover one of the best WR units in the NFL.

His only strength was to blitz because regardless the secondary was going to make a play.

We need McKinney and Jackson back asap.

Robinson wouldn't hurt either.