SportsWrath

Giants expected to cut Bradberry if no trade partner can be found.

BlueInCanada

• BlueInCanada changed the title to Giants expected to cut Bradberry if no trade partner can be found.

Oh no doubt teams are shying away from his contract and that they know we are in desperate time cap wise.  I'd still take something for him, even if it is a 5th as opposed to letting him walk for nothing.  Then again, maybe teams won't even go that far.

Did read that there are guys on the FA market right now, that once signed, may make Bradberry more marketable in a trade, but cutting him is still much more likely.

5 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

I'll be surprised if they can't find a trade partner, his contract is in line with his level of play and he isn't that old. 

Then again, I was wrong about Amari Cooper's value. 

He's on his last year of his contract worth top 10 DB money.

If I was a team wanting him I'd offer a 7th in 2023, otherwise I'd just wait for the Giants to cut him and sign him for cheaper. 

Just now, Sephiroth said:

Unless we're over the cap by keeping him... why don't we just keep him? His dead cap is 9 million so unless you're getting his level of play for what we'd be saving there's no reason to get rid of him. 

We need money to sign rookies. 

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

If I was a team wanting him I'd offer a 7th in 2023, otherwise I'd just wait for the Giants to cut him and sign him for cheaper. 

Exactly.  Only way he is a Giant next year is if he is extended/restructured, which kicks the hit down the road, which Schoen already said is not desirable and will be last resort.

I think he will eventually be cut...given everyone knows we can't afford to keep him.

Suppose we could try to extend him, then trade...

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

He isn't on the last year of his contract and his average comp over the remaining seasons ranks about 30th. He's under contract for 2023 and is very affordable.

3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Unless we're over the cap by keeping him... why don't we just keep him? His dead cap is 9 million so unless you're getting his level of play for what we'd be saving there's no reason to get rid of him. 

I think I would rate our options in this order....

Trade Bradberry

Keep Bradberry and restructure Leonard Williams

Only need to clear about $3 million to keep him. It's not a "need" to cut him. 

He is a free agent in 2023.  Nobody is going to trade for a guy they can get right after the Giants cut him.  This is why I think the Giants should simply extend him and push the money he is making this year into the following years.  

29 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Reports still are the Chiefs want Bradberry.

But they also want the Giants to pay some of his salary as well. 

So who knows if it will get done.

This is what they should get

QAd6t68w6gqeSCozxrAwTC-1200-80.jpg

This would be the part where we hang up the phone.

19 hours ago, Tempest said:

This is what they should get

QAd6t68w6gqeSCozxrAwTC-1200-80.jpg

This would be the part where we hang up the phone.

Yep... learn to play the game and walk away from half measures.  You want him trade for him... otherwise hold onto him and trade him elsewhere.  Hopefully one of their rivals if they can do it.  Worry utmost about our concerns and not theirs... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Lol you got to wonder if this was manufactured news that we see some teams pull from time to time.

Use the media to release fake rumors to influence fans and such. 

Next thing you know you got people believing it. 

All this shit about Rodgers wanting to leave Green Bay for Jeopardy bullshit.

The guy is just pulling a power trip since he's still butthurt they took Love.

Start rumours that your leaving, ball out win back to back MVPs, get paid 50 million a year and keep Loves career in limbo. 

Also the Giants are dammed if you do dammed if you don't.

Trade him and get maybe a 6th at this point while having to eat his cap, because no team will touch his contract with a 10 foot pole.  

Don't trade him, and he's gone after the year regardless because ain't no way this guy coming back to this team after these trade rumors. 

10 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also the Giants are dammed if you do dammed if you don't.

Trade him and get maybe a 6th at this point while having to eat his cap, because no team will touch his contract with a 10 foot pole.  

Don't trade him, and he's gone after the year regardless because ain't no way this guy coming back to this team after these trade rumors. 

Could have cut him weeks ago to save $12M and re-invest it in one or two capable veteran OL.