SportsWrath

Giants expected to cut Bradberry if no trade partner can be found.

BlueInCanada

Teams will be interested after the draft.  Worst-case scenario we can always restructure his contract. I know Schoen doesn't want to do that but we did it with Bradberry and we're in a shit situation right now no matter what we do.  Kicking the can might  be the only solution. 

Dude is a good corner,  probably top 15 in the league... there's no reason to give him away for nothing.  This isn't a Barkley scenario where he's giving you 1/4 of the production you expect for the price tag. We restructure, some contender loses their top-flight corner due to injury in October, and suddenly we're in really good shape for the following season when shit will matter. 

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Teams will be interested after the draft.  Worst-case scenario we can always restructure his contract. I know Schoen doesn't want to do that but we did it with Bradberry and we're in a shit situation right now no matter what we do.  Kicking the can might  be the only solution. 

Dude is a good corner,  probably top 15 in the league... there's no reason to give him away for nothing.  This isn't a Barkley scenario where he's giving you 1/4 of the production you expect for the price tag. We restructure, some contender loses their top-flight corner due to injury in October, and suddenly we're in really good shape for the following season when shit will matter. 

I think this is the way to go too. 

3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

I think this is the way to go too. 

This is the only way to go.  Don't give in to time pressure for anything.  Stick to your plans and send him when people are begging for him.

5 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Teams will be interested after the draft.  Worst-case scenario we can always restructure his contract. I know Schoen doesn't want to do that but we did it with Jackson and we're in a shit situation right now no matter what we do.  Kicking the can might  be the only solution. 

• 4 weeks later...

It's interesting we can't sign him to some sort of extension, like a 3 year $36M deal, with a $11M or so cap hit (approximately the same dead money cap hit we take if we cut him).

I mean, he's 29. Where else is he going if cut and for how much? Let's say he still gets the $11M if cut. Who's willing to pay him an additional $25M????

The team that signs him will be signing him on a 1 year $4.5M contract, or some bullshit peanuts contract like that. 

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

It's interesting we can't sign him to some sort of extension, like a 3 year $36M deal, with a $11M or so cap hit (approximately the same dead money cap hit we take if we cut him).

I mean, he's 29. Where else is he going if cut and for how much? Let's say he still gets the $11M if cut. Who's willing to pay him an additional $25M????

The team that signs him will be signing him on a 1 year $4.5M contract, or some bullshit peanuts contract like that. 

That's pretty much it.

What's his incentive to sign a new contract? None. 

He plays for the Giants he gets 21 million and then gets to go sign a deal next year. 

He gets cut still collects 10 million and gets to go signs with the Bucs or Chefs for some 2 million dollar contract and gets to chase a ring.

Guys in a pretty good spot honestly.  

Also fuck DG. 

1 minute ago, BlueInCanada said:

That's pretty much it.

What's his incentive to sign a new contract? None. 

He plays for the Giants he gets 21 million and then gets to go sign a deal next year. 

He gets cut still collects 10 million and gets to go signs with the Bucs or Chefs for some 2 million dollar contract and gets to chase a ring.

Guys in a pretty good spot honestly.  

Also fuck DG. 

Right, but what I'm saying is in scenario 2, he's losing out on a contract extension, which should exceed the $12M.

21 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Right, but what I'm saying is in scenario 2, he's losing out on a contract extension, which should exceed the $12M.

Ah. 

Well maybe shows you that he'd rather miss out on 12 million then resign with the Giants lol 

9 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Ah. 

Well maybe shows you that he'd rather miss out on 12 million then resign with the Giants lol 

Yeah, or it shows Schoen and Co aren't willing to give him the type of extension I'd be willing to give, so it's probably me who's out of touch.

15 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Yeah, or it shows Schoen and Co aren't willing to give him the type of extension I'd be willing to give, so it's probably me who's out of touch.

I gotta assume they tried to work something out.

But who knows what happens behind the scenes. 

Unlike JR or DG, Schoen seems to be running a fairly tight ship this far. 

I feel awful to because Bradyberry despite having a down year was still a lock down corner at times.

He would be perfect for a Wink system where his DBs are out in that cover 3 match zone.

But the NFL is a business, in that business we had Bradberry resign a contract saying "You will make 21 million in 2022"

Unfortunately we couldn't trade him and we can't sign our rookies, and clearly there is a rift between the two on a restructure, and I don't blame him either after all the trade rumors.

Just goes to show you that whole "The salary cap if fake" nonsense that went around a few year back is still and always we'll be bullshit, eventually you got to pay the money, or someone else will.

Also fuck Getty that fat old fuck should of been fired, he should of been walked out in front of the press and had to explain why he was fired, and let Eli kick him in the balls on the way out. 

The fact that the Mara's let this guy retire is a damn right shame.

Dude was the second worst GM I'VE EVER seen in my lifetime, right after Matt Millen....but atleast he gave the Lions Calvin Johnson, Getty left us with the worst cap situation and legacy the Giants have ever seen.