Jump to content
SportsWrath

Don't worry everyone


boohyah
 Share

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Love it... the Rams have Odell and it seems that the Bengals have Apple (right?) so there are at least ex Giants there. :laugh:

Not a big fan of ex Giants who either bad mouthed the org or didn't make a effort while here. BJ Hill, I'm fine with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Not a big fan of ex Giants who either bad mouthed the org or didn't make a effort while here. BJ Hill, I'm fine with.

I hear you man... lots of legacy here... you know it.... 1986...1990...2008 and 2011.  We watched the parade man in 2008.  Our team is among the four Superbowl club.  Steelers, Patriot, San Fran, Broke Backs, Giants... and I think the Packers.  I think that is it.  Amazing.  Odell does what Odell does.  Wins on winning teams and gets fucked up.  Can we say FRAGILE...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad to see OBJ and many of those Rams guys get their ring, Stafford proving he's one of the better QBs of this era.

OBJ was the only reason to watch the Giants for those years he was here, and funny enough was right about the organization with what he said, being stuck in the past, etc, back in that all to famous interview. To bad we didn't take it as the warning instead of an insult lol 

Dude seemed to have matured and helped the Rams get to and win the SB, was and is still one of my favorite Giants. 

Burrow will be back and is gonna be a force for many years. 

Eli apple being burnt for two TDs is icing on the cake lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also it's nice to see Kupp shut up the haters about him just being a slot guy who was lucky to play with Woods, etc.

McVay has some magic formula with him and Stafford and the combination routes because whatever it is it works all the time.

Kinda reminds me of what Cruz and Eli had. 

Eli would just throw the ball before Cruz would even make a break because he knew exactly what Cruz was gonna do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still think an offensive line that can create a running lane and keep DJ upright with some time can make this a .500 team.  That's a huge ask though given where we are coming from to where we need to be in one offseason.

Ekwonu and Linderbaum in round 1 please.

McBride in 2nd, trade back into 1st if needed.

Solves a lot of blocking right there.  McBride can be a receiving threat as well. Some intriguing later round WRs if we need to go there to replace Shep or Slayton.

If we can get a FA guard, even better...but I would prefer to stay away from FA to solve our cap issues sooner than later.  Bidding wars for top FAs isn't where I think we should be this offseason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

I still think an offensive line that can create a running lane and keep DJ upright with some time can make this a .500 team.  That's a huge ask though given where we are coming from to where we need to be in one offseason.

Ekwonu and Linderbaum in round 1 please.

McBride in 2nd, trade back into 1st if needed.

Solves a lot of blocking right there.  McBride can be a receiving threat as well. Some intriguing later round WRs if we need to go there to replace Shep or Slayton.

If we can get a FA guard, even better...but I would prefer to stay away from FA to solve our cap issues sooner than later.  Bidding wars for top FAs isn't where I think we should be this offseason.

I think we need one FA lineman, just because we can't realistically ask next year's line to be four rookies.  I'd love to see Tomlinson as our starting guard (he fucking abused Aaron Donald three weeks ago, watch the film) and I'd love to have Tyrell Crosby come in as a backup at both tackle spots and possibly push for a starting RT spot.  He's not great but he doesn't hurt you either; exactly what you'd want in a backup.  

I'd love Linderbaum and Ekwonu as well. 

Just imagine, next year's starting line could be: 

Thomas - Bredeson - Linderbaum - Tomlinson - Ekwonu 

You could have Crosby as your tackle backup, then hope you get something out of either Gates, Limeaux, or Peart in a backup role at guard (honestly though, i think all three of their careers may be over). 

We'd go from league's worst line to a B- line, with the capacity to develop into an A+ line in the next two years or so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watched about 5 minutes of the game and it was nice to see former Giants out there getting the opportunity to play in the super bowl.  Odell Beckham Jr, Eli Apple, BJ Hill, Michael Thomas.  Hope Beckham Jr. has a full recovery and he's about to be father any day now I hope has continued to success on and off the field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Glad to see OBJ and many of those Rams guys get their ring, Stafford proving he's one of the better QBs of this era.

OBJ was the only reason to watch the Giants for those years he was here, and funny enough was right about the organization with what he said, being stuck in the past, etc, back in that all to famous interview. To bad we didn't take it as the warning instead of an insult lol 

Dude seemed to have matured and helped the Rams get to and win the SB, was and is still one of my favorite Giants. 

Burrow will be back and is gonna be a force for many years. 

Eli apple being burnt for two TDs is icing on the cake lol 

I like your take on things.  Apple was burnt here as a Giant too?... Right?  Odell got burned for his flamboyance in a staid environment built on nepotism... err family and "character" in a game/profession that does not reward character.  As long as they won Odell could have said whatever he wanted within reason.  I also loved Whatshisname before Bloomberg went all crazy on him because he shot himself in the leg... Plaxico Buress.  Bloomberg helped to torpedo Giants 2009 in the Superbowl.  "Thanks" Bloomberg. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I think we need one FA lineman, just because we can't realistically ask next year's line to be four rookies.  I'd love to see Tomlinson as our starting guard (he fucking abused Aaron Donald three weeks ago, watch the film) and I'd love to have Tyrell Crosby come in as a backup at both tackle spots and possibly push for a starting RT spot.  He's not great but he doesn't hurt you either; exactly what you'd want in a backup.  

I'd love Linderbaum and Ekwonu as well. 

Just imagine, next year's starting line could be: 

Thomas - Bredeson - Linderbaum - Tomlinson - Ekwonu 

You could have Crosby as your tackle backup, then hope you get something out of either Gates, Limeaux, or Peart in a backup role at guard (honestly though, i think all three of their careers may be over). 

We'd go from league's worst line to a B- line, with the capacity to develop into an A+ line in the next two years or so. 

I like the idea of a FA guard...just think that strongly depends on what magic Shoen can pull for cap space.  He has options, but it seems to be really, really bad and if a few of those options don't work out, it could pull any FA moves off the table.

Just know that it's gonna be more than a year to get fully where we can operate normally.  That may include replacing Jones next year.  I don't want to be hamstrung by cap moving forward.

Don't need annual spending spree, but want to have the option to make a couple if the opportunity arise.  As it is now, we may have to accept creating holes due to cap issues in order to reach that jumping off point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I like the idea of a FA guard...just think that strongly depends on what magic Shoen can pull for cap space.  He has options, but it seems to be really, really bad and if a few of those options don't work out, it could pull any FA moves off the table.

Just know that it's gonna be more than a year to get fully where we can operate normally.  That may include replacing Jones next year.  I don't want to be hamstrung by cap moving forward.

Don't need annual spending spree, but want to have the option to make a couple if the opportunity arise.  As it is now, we may have to accept creating holes due to cap issues in order to reach that jumping off point.

Realistically I figure maybe we:

- Re sign Billy Price to a 1 year, minimal contract. He played well enough down the stretch to be a low end starter, and he might be one of the few options available given our cap situation and state of our OL anyway.

- Bring in one solid starting G or T in free agency (perhaps Laken Tomlinson, or Brandon Scherf, etc). Again given our cap hell, it's the most we can hope for.

- One of our two first rounders has to be an OL. We'll need at least two picks in the first 4 rounds being an OL. Personally I'd be okay if we use both 1st rounders on the OL.

That gets you

- LT Thomas

- LG Bredeson

- C Billy Price

- RG Vet or Premium Draft Pick

- RT Vet or Premium Draft Pick

Backups for depth/developmental

- Lemiuex

- Peart

- Wes Martin

- Draft Pick. If it's a 1st-2nd or even 3rd-4th, they're probably in contention to start at G or C over Price or Bredeson.

That should be a serviceable OL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, gmenroc said:

What do you think a starting guard of Scherff or Tomlinson goes for this offseason?

I know Scherff is the highest paid guy. I've seen Tomlinson priced at 15 mil/season on Spotrec. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I know Scherff is the highest paid guy. I've seen Tomlinson priced at 15 mil/season on Spotrec. 

Damn. Tomlinson is age 30, will turn 31, so I was hoping we could get him on a deal at like 3 yrs $30 - $36M. But we may have to bump that up to something more like 4 years $50M

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Damn. Tomlinson is age 30, will turn 31, so I was hoping we could get him on a deal at like 3 yrs $30 - $36M. But we may have to bump that up to something more like 4 years $50M

I didn't realize he was that old, and there's 4-5 good guards available this offseason. That doesn't sound unreasonable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

I didn't realize he was that old, and there's 4-5 good guards available this offseason. That doesn't sound unreasonable. 

I mis-spoke. He's 29, turning 30 in december. A 4 year contract isn't unreasonable for that, I think. In the 'Joe Schoen' thread, I have us signing him for 4 yrs $48M (2022 cap hit of $9M)..and he's essentially the only major/big free agent signing for us, the rest are stop gaps or role players, given our cap situation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...