SportsWrath

Training Camp

Mr. P

6 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Good thing we drafted our 8th DB in Aaron Robinson this year instead of getting any of the quality O-linemen still available like Wyatt Davis or Ben Cleveland. 

Yep. Plus, how stupid does that Zeitler move look right now.

To be honest, IF you're going to lose a starter on this OL, the least impactful is Lemieux, who in my mind was a backup/fringe starter at best. The dropoff to his replacement Fulton isn't that bad.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

To be honest, IF you're going to lose a starter on this OL, the least impactful is Lemieux, who in my mind was a backup/fringe starter at best. The dropoff to his replacement Fulton isn't that bad.

Yeah I think Limeaux was the worst-rated guard last year and Fulton had the most sacks surrendered.

Super-Fucking-Bowl!

15 hours ago, mastershake said:

Yeah, there is at least some replacement level depth to come in for the replacement level starters.

Which is a pretty decent step up from where we have been the last few years.

On 7/30/2021 at 8:41 AM, Sephiroth said:

Good thing we drafted our 8th DB in Aaron Robinson this year instead of getting any of the quality O-linemen still available like Wyatt Davis or Ben Cleveland. 

You can't never have enough DB. Especially when this OL draft class is the deepest in 8 years and you're in desperate need to upgrade your OL. But whatever, we have stacked in the DB position with no true passrusher. I'm sure its going to all work out. 

On 7/31/2021 at 11:39 AM, NeMesiS said:

You can't never have enough DB. Especially when this OL draft class is the deepest in 8 years and you're in desperate need to upgrade your OL. But whatever, we have stacked in the DB position with no true passrusher. I'm sure its going to all work out. 

It seems counterintuitive, but that is how the league has been trending for a while. There's a very high correlation with investment in defensive backs and overall defensive success, much more so than in pass rushers. 

And I'm surprised to see Kenny Wiggens (did I even spell it right?) is the first man in for Lemieux. Who? 

Joe Looney must have run a lot of laps after that brawl.

I respect these guys retiring over going through the motions half hearted.  There are UDFAs on this roster, on another teams roster and sitting at home waiting for this opportunity to play in the NFL.