SportsWrath

Training Camp

Mr. P

51 minutes ago, Joe Guyden said:

damn how many more will retire?

I wonder if this is a case of "oh I'll just ride the bench of a team's roster and collect a check"

Meanwhile Judge holds every player accountable and wants them ready to play.

Maybe they all decided that they don't want to work for a check.

None of these guys have signed elsewhere yet. 

42 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

If we start 1-3 the players are gonna turn on Judge pretty fucking quick. There's a pretty fine line between Bill Parcells and Ray Rhodes.

There's enough positivity around the team that I think he has a little more slack than that... I'd put it around 1-7, 2-8, before they start to turn on him. 

If they turn after 1-3, that is not a good sign...  1-3 is damn possible.

As for Fulton, he appeared to be buried deep on the depth chart. We could look at this positively, he's an older player who could see the writing on the wall. Why grind just to be cut? 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

There's enough positivity around the team that I think he has a little more slack than that... I'd put it around 1-7, 2-8, before they start to turn on him. 

If they turn after 1-3, that is not a good sign...  1-3 is damn possible.

As for Fulton, he appeared to be buried deep on the depth chart. We could look at this positively, he's an older player who could see the writing on the wall. Why grind just to be cut? 

I mean it's the same for any coach. 

Shurmur his last year was basically a door mat for the players.

Sure they all said the right thing in the media but it was pretty apparent that the team quit basically after halftime evey game on him.

I'm thinking if the team does go say 4-13, Judge gets the boot but they promote Graham to head coach, the guy is a miracle maker with what he did to the defense last year and he's probably going to have a top 10 unit this year. He's also one of those player coaches apparently.

Plus he's loved by the front office and owners.

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

I mean it's the same for any coach. 

Shurmur his last year was basically a door mat for the players.

Sure they all said the right thing in the media but it was pretty apparent that the team quit basically after halftime evey game on him.

I'm thinking if the team does go say 4-13, Judge gets the boot but they promote Graham to head coach, the guy is a miracle maker with what he did to the defense last year and he's probably going to have a top 10 unit this year. He's also one of those player coaches apparently.

Plus he's loved by the front office and owners.

I think that is the big difference between Shurmur's teams and the 2020 Giants.....  the 2020 team always played hard. Probably more talent, certainly better circumstances, for the Shurmur years.... but so many times there was a clear effort let down. And no wonder, because I can still visualize Shurmur, moping and murmuring on the sidelines. Oh woe are we. A bad call against us again, now we lose. Awwwwwwww. 

9 hours ago, mastershake said:

I read two articles the other day... one said that the defensive line was "living" in the Giants backfield and that Joe Judge was pissed about it, the other was that Judge, Gettleman, both o-line coaches, and Kitchens were all watching and "evaluating" the o-line players at the same time.

Early returns look like cutting the best player on a bottom-5 o-line and replacing him with no one might have been a bad idea.

19 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I read two articles the other day... one said that the defensive line was "living" in the Giants backfield and that Joe Judge was pissed about it, the other was that Judge, Gettleman, both o-line coaches, and Kitchens were all watching and "evaluating" the o-line players at the same time.

Early returns look like cutting the best player on a bottom-5 o-line and replacing him with no one might have been a bad idea.

Heres the thing with practices, and I’m not discounting the o-line issues, but if the reports were the line wasn’t letting anyone into the backfield, we would be here talking about how bad our pass rush is. 

On 8/11/2021 at 9:22 PM, jranieli said:

That gave me a good laugh watching the fan night practice highlights.

Easy bullet pass inside the 5 yard line, just a beauty of the pass, hits Engram square in the hands and the ball fucking flops out of his hands onto the ground lol

On 8/12/2021 at 7:40 AM, Joe Guyden said:

Heres the thing with practices, and I’m not discounting the o-line issues, but if the reports were the line wasn’t letting anyone into the backfield, we would be here talking about how bad our pass rush is. 

Having some bad plays is one thing, it IS camp. Defenders "living in the backfield?" That's something else.

If we can't find at least one starter at Guard through a trade or free agency it's going to be a long season.

I'm actually looking more at the OL on this play. Notice G Will Hernandez (71) on that play. He did his signature move of spinning around in a circle and completely failing to even touch the defender. LOL

So Will Hernandez first starts off going to the right to help block a guy already being blocked, which freed up the LB to rush right  the middle untouched ( would've been sacked in a real game).... Hernandez then turns left to try to block another defender already being blocked by the center (while the LB behind him is staring at Daniel Jones). 

The jokes write themselves, lol.

It's going to be a long season.

14 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I'm actually looking more at the OL on this play. Notice G Will Hernandez (71) on that play. He did his signature move of spinning around in a circle and completely failing to even touch the defender. LOL

So Will Hernandez first starts off going to the right to help block a guy already being blocked, which freed up the LB to rush right  the middle untouched ( would've been sacked in a real game).... Hernandez then turns left to try to block another defender already being blocked by the center (while the LB behind him is staring at Daniel Jones). 

Defense looking good!

7 hours ago, mastershake said:

I see three guys failing miserably on that play.... Hernandez as you noted is probably at fault, that play would have been a sack long before the ball was out. 

The intended receiver stopped running, like the play was over. Was that Toney? I think it was 89.

And I don't know what Jones is doing there. He appears to have a passing lane to see all the defensive players, if the receiver doesn't stop his route he's still not open.