SportsWrath

Draft "predictions" thread.

11 minutes ago, Nas said:

Given our FA signings, I don't see a TE or WR being a pressing need.   I do see OT and LB/DE being the top so Slater or Parson would be great in Round 1. 

You know me....I'm obviously prioritizing OL (I think interior line is a far bigger priority), plus I've recommended LB Parsons before, so I sort of agree with you here. Slater would be nice; he seems to be the only safe pick on the OL that high (now I'm reading all sorts of scary stuff on Sewell). Trading down for Vera-Tucker or Tevin Jenkins (as guards) might be an option as well.

7 hours ago, Nas said:

Given our FA signings, I don't see a TE or WR being a pressing need.   I do see OT and LB/DE being the top so Slater or Parson would be great in Round 1. 

I'm not concerned about TE but there's still some concern for WR with me. 1st... if KG misses time for any reason this WR Corps is just as stagnant as it was the last 2 years. 2nd as much as I dont want to believe it, Shep is probably getting released next offseason as he would save us around $10M. So unless we're absolutely positive that Slayton is the guy, AND Ross comes back to the form that made him a 1st round pick we need to make a move at WR within the first 4 rounds. 

14 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

I had read in a few places and the Giants podcast guys confirmed... Sewell is sliding on draft boards. If that fucking guy is there I think you have to take him if Pitts and Chase are gone.

Why is Sewell sliding though? Are the concerns legit? He seems like more of a traits guy than an NFL ready lineman like Slater.

7 hours ago, mastershake said:

Why is Sewell sliding though? Are the concerns legit? He seems like more of a traits guy than an NFL ready lineman like Slater.

Probably just "we have to have something to talk about" like RG3 being drafted over Luck.

It's just ore draft bullshit.

Look at Fields the guy is clear and away the second best QB in the draft, some say better than Lawrence at things.

But recently there are "QB concerns, toughness concerns" blah blah blah 

We all know it's just coming from teams hoping he slides, it's the same with Sewell. 

4 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

It's just ore draft bullshit.

Look at Fields the guy is clear and away the second best QB in the draft, some say better than Lawrence at things.

But recently there are "QB concerns, toughness concerns" blah blah blah 

We all know it's just coming from teams hoping he slides, it's the same with Sewell. 

Yeah this exactly.