SportsWrath

Giants trade golden to cards

Herc

You know the last time we got a 6th round pick worth a damn?. 

David Tyree.

Look at our history since then and see how worthwhile this pick has been for us

I would have given them Golden and a 6th for a 4th. This team needs more picks in the earlier rounds, not a shitload in the later rounds.

18 minutes ago, boohyah said:

You know the last time we got a 6th round pick worth a damn?. 

David Tyree.

Look at our history since then and see how worthwhile this pick has been for us

I would have given them Golden and a 6th for a 4th. This team needs more picks in the earlier rounds, not a shitload in the later rounds.

Lol a 6th and Golden wouldn't even get us a 5th.

There's zero leverage the Giants have, they are the ones stuck with a restricted FA contract and a underachieving player, the Cardinals are winning games without Golden and have a solid defense.

Where's any incentive to trade a valuable 4th round pick to the Giants for a LB who clearly had a fluke year last season?

The Cardinals would be fucking nuts literally off their rocker to trade anything more than a late round pick for Golden.

It would be like a team trading for an underachieving DT who is on the last year of their contract and giving up a 3rd and 5th round pick for that player.

.....wait.

21 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Lol a 6th and Golden wouldn't even get us a 5th.

There's zero leverage the Giants have, they are the ones stuck with a restricted FA contract and a underachieving player, the Cardinals are winning games without Golden and have a solid defense.

Where's any incentive to trade a valuable 4th round pick to the Giants for a LB who clearly had a fluke year last season?

The Cardinals would be fucking nuts literally off their rocker to trade anything more than a late round pick for Golden.

It would be like a team trading for an underachieving DT who is on the last year of their contract and giving up a 3rd and 5th round pick for that player.

.....wait.

Last I remember there was more than one team in the NFL. And even if they didn't get a 4th, if you got a 5th then that's better than a 6th. Same idea. My point obviously was the 6th round pick has been of no value to us.

You weren't complaining about Golden last season, none of us were. It's a fluke season for you because it suits you now. He's had a 12 1/2  sack fluke season a few years back and he lost his leverage due to injury.

And the Cardinals may not be nuts now, but guess who could have signed him to a show me contract 2 years ago like we did. Now they are giving up a 6th to get him back,

16 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Last I remember there was more than one team in the NFL. And even if they didn't get a 4th, if you got a 5th then that's better than a 6th. Same idea. My point obviously was the 6th round pick has been of no value to us.

You weren't complaining about Golden last season, none of us were. It's a fluke season for you because it suits you now. He's had a 12 1/2  sack fluke season a few years back and he lost his leverage due to injury.

And the Cardinals may not be nuts now, but guess who could have signed him to a show me contract 2 years ago like we did. Now they are giving up a 6th to get him back,

LOL what are you talking about?

"This player is so worthless that a team is giving up a pick I think is worthless so obviously other teams in the NFL want the guy and we could of gotten more"

All last season I said he's going to get paid on garbage time sacks in blow out games (which he did) and he isnt going to be the same player for us this year (which he's not)

The guy is a situational pass rusher that we hoped would be more, and he's not even that good of a pass rusher.

And what does this even mean?

The Cardinals are paying him for 9 more weeks of the season (roughly 1.7 million) since the Giants already paid him 1.5 million for 1.5 sacks, and they gave up (what you call) a no value pick.

The Cardiansl did the right thing and let him walk, so the Giants could over pay him for 23 games of meaningless football.

Once again the Giants have no leverage in the situation.

You honestly think some team is going to listen to DG say "Well you know we can trade you Golden who has put up an VERY IMPRESSIVE 1.5 sacks this year, but it's going to cost you a fourth round pick"

Only Gettleman is that stupid of a GM to trade for a player of Golden's caliber, and he did lol

All that is to prove some point to me about how worthless he is and yet the Cardinals seemingly want this useless one dimensional piece of shit back. 

Gettlemen didn't trade for him, He was a free and signed a one year deal with us. He had an ACL midway through the season and lost his spot when he came back. Nothing too strange about that. 

You can't beat BIC's "Standards' . No linebacker since LT has had 10 sacks. None. This guy did. BIC says "yes but when did he get them, those times don't count". Then why didn't any of the other linebackers over the years do it?

All I said was they could have pushed for more, there was no harm in that and I'm not the only one I know who thinks that. Cardinals lost Chandler Jones for the season so they do need help now, and there are other teams this week looking for pass rush help. I stand by the fact that this team needs to increase it's draft presence, and if we never drafted in the 6th/7th rounds again I'm fucking fine with that.

I think everyone has the wrong impression of Markus Golden this season.  He got traded because he doesn't fit into the defense.  His playing time this year was that of a rookie.  When you look at the stats and don't see any it is because he has been on the bench instead of the field.  Markus Golden had a position in Betcher's defense, he was a backup in Graham's.  He simply didn't fit so they traded him and I will be surprised if there are more trades coming for players that have an active role on this team.

Markus Golden isn't hurt, garbage, etc.  Just doesn't fit with the defense.  Giants brought him back just to trade like they did today.

Okay, just did an analysis on sacks per 100 defensive snaps for Golden this year vs last. Here it is

2019: 0.9 sacks per 100 snaps. 175 snaps played total

2020: 1.1 sacks per 100 snaps. 917 snaps played total

In other words, if Golden had played the entire 2020 season and kept his current 0.9 per 100 snap sack rate, he would end up with 8 to 8.5 sacks by the end of the year.

I agree with offloading him because it's a lost season anyway, but he was performing similar to last year on a per snap basis. We were clearly just under utilizing him. 

44 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Okay, just did an analysis on sacks per 100 defensive snaps for Golden this year vs last. Here it is

2019: 0.9 sacks per 100 snaps. 175 snaps played total

2020: 1.1 sacks per 100 snaps. 917 snaps played total

In other words, if Golden had played the entire 2020 season and kept his current 0.9 per 100 snap sack rate, he would end up with 8 to 8.5 sacks by the end of the year.

I agree with offloading him because it's a lost season anyway, but he was performing similar to last year on a per snap basis. We were clearly just under utilizing him. 

This is the type of logic that would assume that Oliver Vernon is a impact pass rusher.

Would he finish with 8 or 9 sacks? Sure.

Would any of those sacks make any sort of impact? No.

We don't need pass rusher who get garbage time sacks. We need players who make an impact, I can't think of a single instance that Golden made any sort of impact on the field.

Also he was gone after this year so once again why keep him if you can get value for him?

I fully expect Engram, Zeitler and even Tate to be moved by the deadline as well.

Just now, BlueInCanada said:

This is the type of logic that would assume that Oliver Vernon is a impact pass rusher.

Would he finish with 8 or 9 sacks? Sure.

Would any of those sacks make any sort of impact? No.

We don't need pass rusher who get garbage time sacks. We need players who make an impact, I can't think of a single instance that Golden made any sort of impact on the field.

Also he was gone after this year so once again why keep him if you can get value for him?

I fully expect Engram, Zeitler and even Tate to be moved by the deadline as well.

Who says his sacks are garbage time sacks? What garbage time have the giants had the last two seasons when we've only won 5 games over that span, and have barely been up by a comfortable lead in any of them?

12 hours ago, boohyah said:

All that is to prove some point to me about how worthless he is and yet the Cardinals seemingly want this useless one dimensional piece of shit back. 

Gettlemen didn't trade for him, He was a free and signed a one year deal with us. He had an ACL midway through the season and lost his spot when he came back. Nothing too strange about that. 

You can't beat BIC's "Standards' . No linebacker since LT has had 10 sacks. None. This guy did. BIC says "yes but when did he get them, those times don't count". Then why didn't any of the other linebackers over the years do it?

All I said was they could have pushed for more, there was no harm in that and I'm not the only one I know who thinks that. Cardinals lost Chandler Jones for the season so they do need help now, and there are other teams this week looking for pass rush help. I stand by the fact that this team needs to increase it's draft presence, and if we never drafted in the 6th/7th rounds again I'm fucking fine with that.

Yes by your logic he was traded for a "worthless pick" as you put it, in your own words.

What are you trying to say he was traded for a worthless pick therefore he's a good player?

Just now, mastershake said:

Who says his sacks are garbage time sacks? What garbage time have the giants had the last two seasons when we've only won 5 games over that span, and have barely been up by a comfortable lead in any of them?

Exactly, he made no impact on the team.

11 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Exactly, he made no impact on the team.

Oh you mean like he's had no red zone sacks while the opposing offensive was driving, to help completely short change the opposing offense and help force a field goal (which the team missed)?

5:33

Yeah sure...no impact.

14 hours ago, Herc said:

Marcus 

Fuck.   The one guy who is busting his ass out there... Some of the moves this FO makes is down right bizzarre.   I don't believe that a person doesn't "fit".   A coach should tailor his plays to his players' strengths... 

46 minutes ago, Nas said:

Fuck.   The one guy who is busting his ass out there... Some of the moves this FO makes is down right bizzarre.   I don't believe that a person doesn't "fit".   A coach should tailor his plays to his players' strengths... 

They're all busting their asses out there, come on man. And I don't think it's a scheme fit thing at all, he's not getting playing time because he isn't hands down better than the younger guys on the team.

We know this isn't a championship team with him, the D's weakness is at edge rusher.

If Coughlin and Cam Brown match Golden's pass rush production this will look like a great move.