SportsWrath

"Giants shopping Beckham" looks like it might have legs.

Sephiroth

It's not just Gettleman's drafts (which I'd argue are better than Reese's anyway), but it's also the players he finds in FA that might not be difference-makers, but don't hurt your club either.

With Gettleman, we got the Trumaine McBrides and Sean Locklears of the world.

With Reese, we get the John Jerrys and Jameel McClains.

The grade on Gettlemen's offseason remains to be seen. He's definitely tried to address the OL and LB situation, areas which were severly lacking, which is good to see. I'm encouraged by the right prioritization, but at the same time, one possibility is that Solder and Omameh end up not as good as we'd hope or expect. Still, another possibility is they are very solid for us for at least a few years.

He's better than Reese... and the 1st two rounds is where ODB's price is anyway...

In what way?

He's more active in FA, but his draft are highly lack luster he's drafted guys like Butler, Thompson, Samuel, Benjamin, who have all been pretty meh in the first and second rounds.

He's drafted some good corners though if I recall.

Because it's the Giants, I say 'wait and see'.... if its any other team, I call it a red flag.

It's a wait and see because I need to see what Gettleman & Shurmur are thinking when the signed Stewart. It was a wait and see when the Patriots traded a fourth round pick for Randy Moss. Or a seventh round pick to Pittsburgh for Cockrell. Not expecting much but let us see what happens.

A red flag for me is handing Flowers a four year contract extension.

Has him saying he wont play without a contract confirmed? He actually said that? I was just telling my mechanic about it, and he said no ones proven he actually said that.

This guy is a huge Giants fan and my neighbor. He usually knows what hes talking about. He said that was a rumor that he said that. That it came from a undisclosed source.

To date he hasnt said a word to that effect - this cuntbag Ian Rappaport has been releasing one BS after another. There is absolutely no truth to this story at all. From what I can - he has been working his butt off to get back to pre-injury shape and it would be an absolutely disaster to even consider trading him.

To date he hasnt said a word to that effect - this cuntbag Ian Rappaport has been releasing one BS after another. There is absolutely no truth to this story at all. From what I can - he has been working his butt off to get back to pre-injury shape and it would be an absolutely disaster to even consider trading him.

Ian was also behind the Eli Manning wanted to be the highest paid QB story a few years ago.

These guys need to create stories to get click and sell papers daily. Need more than a grain of salt for what passes as news nowadays. It is straight up bullshit and I don't have the time for it or the desire to go pick through it looking for a kernel of truth.

I cannot believe cooks has fetched a first round pick twice. Leave it to les Snead to bail out belichick when he actually makes a big mistake

Crazy right?

I mean he's a good player but I wouldn't give more than a third for him.

I will be the most down on the Giants Ive ever been if they actually make the mistake to trade him now. With Barkley, Beckham, Engram, and Solder they are competitive on offense this year and can test Philly. Going QB or trading Beckham is immediately conceding 2018-2019 and thats a Browns tactic; not a Giants tactic. Franchises like the Giants dont rebuild they retool.

They should make him play out this contract, tag him the two times we are allowed to after that, then let him walk. No way are you gonna pay one wr 20 million a year and think you can still put together a good team.

Yeah if they trade Beckham they're nuts. I mean, if someone offers something insane you do it... 3 firsts, a 2nd and a 3rd or something... but otherwise you keep the guy who's been the best player on your team for four years and deal with the kicking net bullshit.

Little stat I looked up. Since Super Bowl 46 the Giants have a total of 42 wins. 21 wins with Beckham and 21 without. Problem is... 16 of the wins without Beckham came in 2012 and 2013 before he was drafted. Since the 2014 draft the Giants without Beckham have only won 5 games.