SportsWrath

Giants could get DE Jason Pierre-Paul at some point in playoffs

Mr. P

There is a glimmer of hope that New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul could return from his core muscle injury in time for wild-card weekend Jan. 7-8, multiple sources told ESPN.

The Giants have even more confidence that he could be available for the divisional round of the playoffs and expect him to contribute if they make an extended postseason run.

Pierre-Paul has missed the past three games and is expected to miss Sunday's regular-season finale against the Washington Redskins.

The Giants (10-5) are locked into the No. 5 seed in the NFC after winning two of three with Pierre-Paul sidelined. They will play the worst of the four division winners on the road in a wild-card matchup. Their potential opponents are the Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Seattle Seahawks and Atlanta Falcons.

Pierre-Paul has been telling most teammates he'll be back as soon as his body allows. He repeated the same on Instagram over the holiday weekend.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18357428/new-york-giants-de-jason-pierre-paul-return-playoffs

Hell yeah.

Seattle doesn't scare me as much as it did a few years ago. Out of the 4 possible WC opponents, I'd feel most confident facing Detroit.

The Detroit team I saw against Dallas last night hardly looked like a playoff team.

I likeded it.

You think they can pull this off? I thought they did alright against the Skins, but if they screw around with GB like that.....I don't see a win myself.......... get some TD's people!!!

You think they can pull this off? I thought they did alright against the Skins, but if they screw around with GB like that.....I don't see a win myself.......... get some TD's people!!!

This offense is flat-out horrible, but the defense is flat-out great... but not so great they can carry the whole team. They're not the 01 Baltimore Ravens defense, which you would need to be to have a chance against Green Bay at home. Rodgers will make them make just enough mistakes to lose the game.

I'm seeing something along the lines of 24-17, with the final TD coming in garbage time from the Giants.

Like I've said before, no one and I mean absolutely no one in the NFL/Media even had the Gints winning more than three games after the pre-season performance.

I honestly thought it would be two or three more seasons before the Gints sniffed the playoffs.

Everything after week 11 has been an absolute bonus for me and the outcome of the playoffs have no indication for the success of this season, because as it stands it's been a very successful one which I cant see any fan feeling bad about.

Would be nice if they ended the season with a win though.

Like I've said before, no one and I mean absolutely no one in the NFL/Media even had the Gints winning more than three games after the pre-season performance.

I honestly thought it would be two or three more seasons before the Gints sniffed the playoffs.

Everything after week 11 has been an absolute bonus for me and the outcome of the playoffs have no indication for the success of this season, because as it stands it's been a very successful one which I cant see any fan feeling bad about.

Would be nice if they ended the season with a win though.

Yeah, never did I think they'd be where they are now....just not like them with all the new Coaching and everything. It's just tough to keep a winning streak going in the NFL this time of the year.

This offense is flat-out horrible, but the defense is flat-out great... but not so great they can carry the whole team. They're not the 01 Baltimore Ravens defense, which you would need to be to have a chance against Green Bay at home. Rodgers will make them make just enough mistakes to lose the game.

I'm seeing something along the lines of 24-17, with the final TD coming in garbage time from the Giants.

Maybe Perkins will have a good game and make the fuckers respect us a little. I hate the shit where they dump it off behind the line a lose yardage, gets under skin. I say it's how the defense keeps them under control if they can.

Yeah, never did I think they'd be where they are now....just not like them with all the new Coaching and everything. It's just tough to keep a winning streak going in the NFL this time of the year.

If the Gints roll into GB and lose a tough game but played hard, it would suck but I'd still be happy with how the season went.

I just hope it isnt Carolina playoff bad if they lose.

In all honesty though the entire game in my mind comes down to Eli and which version of him shows up.

Playoff Eli shows up and they win the game and I don't think it's a contest.

Regular season Eli shows up and they have a very very good chance of losing the game.

If the Gints roll into GB and lose a tough game but played hard, it would suck but I'd still be happy with how the season went.

I just hope it isnt Carolina playoff bad if they lose.

In all honesty though the entire game in my mind comes down to Eli and which version of him shows up.

Playoff Eli shows up and they win the game and I don't think it's a contest.

Regular season Eli shows up and they have a very very good chance of losing the game.

I know, Eli you got your contract....so do us right now.... just play a good solid game even if you don't win.

I think the Giants match up well. GB has nobody at corner, it would be a good week to mix it up and play some max protect, especially with the running game beginning to approach respectability. Play action bomb.

Rodgers is still Rodgers, and their OL is very good. Should be a good game.