SportsWrath

JPP returning to Giants on 1 year deal

Allstarjim

NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL 4m4 minutes ago

Giants and Jason Pierre-Paul agree on a 1-year deal worth up to $10.5 million. (via @AdamSchefter and NFL Network)

Dan Graziano @DanGrazianoESPN 2m2 minutes ago

Dan Graziano Retweeted Ryan Kelley

My understanding is JPP contract can be worth up to $10.5M max, if he hits all incentives. I don't know base salary.

:LMAO:

I love you man. :WS:

(I thought terms couldn't be revealed during the 2 day period though?)

He's re-signing with his own team, that's different I think. He could have re-signed at any point.

Plus reports are leaking of agreed upon deals already.

and I love you too.

You know, I know it says he turned down more money elsewhere, but I'm willing to bet that he wasn't getting the offers he really wanted, so rather than take a 2 year deal for more money, if he wants to re-establish his market value, better to do that on a 1 year deal back with the same team and system you already know.

Good deal for both sides.

You know, I know it says he turned down more money elsewhere, but I'm willing to bet that he wasn't getting the offers he really wanted, so rather than take a 2 year deal for more money, if he wants to re-establish his market value, better to do that on a 1 year deal back with the same team and system you already know.

Good deal for both sides.

This is what I think too.

Not for nothing, but if you have the choice between a team who's been in the playoffs the past three years and is offering more money, or you can be on a team with holes all over the roster for less, it's not a hard decision to make.

Jordan Raanan ‏@JordanRaanan 1m1 minute ago

The #Giants are nowhere near done on the defensive line. Expect several more big moves.

Paul Schwartz ‏@NYPost_Schwartz 2m2 minutes ago New York, USA

Rarely does common sense and NFL free agency work hand-in-hand. Did so in Giants re-signing Jason Pierre-Paul to 1 year deal.

Lol, "hand-n-hand."

That had to have been on purpose.

Regardless, I look forward to more missed one-armed tackles. Yippee.

This is what I think too.

Not for nothing, but if you have the choice between a team who's been in the playoffs the past three years and is offering more money, or you can be on a team with holes all over the roster for less, it's not a hard decision to make.

Warmer weather, better team, more money and he turned it down?