SportsWrath

Ben Macadoo promoted to head coach

osi724dasack

That's where a good QB will just toss it out of bounds instead of forcing the the ball into a spot he shouldn't have. better to take 3 pts on a FG than force a pick!

Some of the TDs were into tight spaces too, so I'm not sure its true that throwing the ball away is inherently better.

It's also worth noting that, at least so long as you have a decent defense, turning the ball over near the goal line is statistically almost as good as a field goal. So generally, I don't have a big problem with a team taking some chances to score 6, especially when it's a one dimensional offense like the 2015 Giants.

Some of the TDs were into tight spaces too, so I'm not sure its true that throwing the ball away is inherently better.

It's also worth noting that, at least so long as you have a decent defense, turning the ball over near the goal line is statistically almost as good as a field goal. So generally, I don't have a big problem with a team taking some chances to score 6, especially when it's a one dimensional offense like the 2015 Giants.

And that was it, the defense would let them drive 90 yards the other way and score. all I can say is 2015 really sucked if you look at the dumb ways they lost games.

And that was it, the defense would let them drive 90 yards the other way and score. all I can say is 2015 really sucked if you look at the dumb ways they lost games.

That's what killed me when they blew it on that 4th down.... Any other team, hell yes, go for it on 4th and 2, goal line.

It's not saying a real lot but he performed and he performed at a level a lot higher than anyone expected. We all like to hate on Reese, myself included, for his lack of finding diamonds in the rough that put up numbers as far as undrafted free agents but I have to give credit where it's due on Will Tye. He looked good in limited action. And he showed that plays could be designed to go to him...some of his red zone touchdown grabs were quite effective playcalls. I think he only had 3, but I don't recall that many targets down there for him. Maybe there should have been more.

Next year will be the true test. Rookie TEs usually struggle in the 1st year as they have so much to learn; they need to know both the receiving and OLine playbooks. 2nd year is when you see them come on.

Next year will be the true test. Rookie TEs usually struggle in the 1st year as they have so much to learn; they need to know both the receiving and OLine playbooks. 2nd year is when you see them come on.

If Tye can stay healthy (huge if with this franchise), then the tight end position is among my lesser concerns.

Reese needs to fix the defense, or get kicked out on his fucking ass. It was zero fun watching this defense piss away countless chances this season.

Will Tye is not a reason to not look at upgrading the TE position

Totally agree. It's not like you don't value his skillset or his potential in the offense, but you can't ever pass up an opportunity to make a meaningful upgrade at the position if it makes sense with the economics. Plus, positional competition and depth are good things.

Totally agree. It's not like you don't value his skillset or his potential in the offense, but you can't ever pass up an opportunity to make a meaningful upgrade at the position if it makes sense with the economics. Plus, positional competition and depth are good things.

Right. I just don't think he's special. I wouldn't look TE too early, but at some point in the 3rd or 4th round range

Don't think V Davis is an upgrade V Davis is over Tye at this point - one going up, one going down...and the one going down will cost more money. But absolutely need depth and competition at the TE spot going into camp.

Mike Garafolo & #8207;@MikeGarafolo 27s28 seconds ago

New QB coach for Eli Manning on way. Giants to hire Frank Cignetti Jr, who was a Rams QB coach/OC the last 4 yrs and Rutgers OC before that.

2016-Present: Quarterbacks Coach, New York Giants
2015: Offensive Coordinator, St. Louis Rams
2012-2014: Quarterbacks Coach, St. Louis Rams
2011: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach, Rutgers University
2009-2010: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach, University of Pittsburgh
2008: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach, University of California
2007: Quarterbacks Coach, San Francisco 49ers
2006: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach, University of North Carolina
2002-2005: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach, Fresno State
2000-2001: Quarterbacks Coach, New Orleans Saints
1999: Quality Control Assistant, Kansas City Chiefs
1997-1998: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
1995-1996: Quarterbacks Coach, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
1993-1994: Defensive Backs Coach, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
1990-1992: Wide Receivers Coach, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
1989: Graduate Assistant, University of Pittsburgh
Pro Experience: None
Collegiate Experience: Safety at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (1985-1988)
Born October 4, 1965

Mike Garafolo & #8207;@MikeGarafolo 27s28 seconds ago

New QB coach for Eli Manning on way. Giants to hire Frank Cignetti Jr, who was a Rams QB coach/OC the last 4 yrs and Rutgers OC before that.

2016-Present: Quarterbacks Coach, New York Giants

2015: Offensive Coordinator, St. Louis Rams

2012-2014: Quarterbacks Coach, St. Louis Rams

2011: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach, Rutgers University

2009-2010: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach, University of Pittsburgh

2008: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach, University of California

2007: Quarterbacks Coach, San Francisco 49ers

2006: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach, University of North Carolina

2002-2005: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach, Fresno State

2000-2001: Quarterbacks Coach, New Orleans Saints

1999: Quality Control Assistant, Kansas City Chiefs

1997-1998: Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach, Indiana University of Pennsylvania

1995-1996: Quarterbacks Coach, Indiana University of Pennsylvania

1993-1994: Defensive Backs Coach, Indiana University of Pennsylvania

1990-1992: Wide Receivers Coach, Indiana University of Pennsylvania

1989: Graduate Assistant, University of Pittsburgh

Pro Experience: None

Collegiate Experience: Safety at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (1985-1988)

Born October 4, 1965

That resume is a little unsettling to me in and out of the NFL and not in the NFL past one year til the last few. which QB's have been under his wing?

A lot of one and two year stops and his most recent job with the Rams ended in a Week 13 firing. Hope to hell McAdoo sees/knows something that doesn't show up in the resume. This from today's NY Post:

Cignetti, who was the Rams’ offensive coordinator last season before being fired, was a coach at Indiana University of Pennsylvania when McAdoo was a student at the school.

Cignetti, who was the offensive coordinator at Rutgers in 2011, was fired after a 27-3 loss to the Cardinals in Week 13. The Rams’ offense finished the season ranked last in the league.

Cignetti, Eli Manning’s new position coach, will take over for Mike Sullivan, who is expected to be promoted to offensive coordinator.

“It was, in my estimation, time to move in a different direction,” Rams head coach Jeff Fisher said at the time. “[All of] the blame’s not to fall on [Cignetti’s] shoulders, but it’s the way this business works.’’

Before taking over as the Rams’ offensive coordinator, Cignetti spent three years as the team’s quarterbacks coach.

He has also been the offensive coordinator with California (2008), Pittsburgh (2009-2010) and Rutgers (2011). Like McAdoo, Cignetti also has ties to Packers head coach Mike McCarthy, serving as a graduate assistant with McCarthy at Pittsburgh in 1989.

Alex Marvez & #8207;@alexmarvez 27s27 seconds ago

Source tells @NFLonFOX that @packers asst o-line coach Mike Solari interviewed Weds for @Giants o-line job. Strong candidate to get hired

Art Stapleton @art_stapleton 14m14 minutes ago

Art Stapleton Retweeted Alex Marvez

Solari another candidate with McCarthy connections; also long respected for jobs he did in KC, Seattle and SF