SportsWrath

The search is on for the Giants next head coach

BleedinBlue

I think last time we hired a coach the four main candidates were coughlin, lovie, crennel and Weiss and lovie was the runner up behind Tom so I'm guessing he's on their radar but he also might not be if they don't like the jobs he did in Chicago and tampa

I definitely think they should interview him.

I was speaking to a Patriots fan and he was saying he would love if the Giants would pickup Lovie Smith so the Patriots would never be scared of the Giants again

I was speaking to a Patriots fan and he was saying he would love if the Giants would pickup Lovie Smith so the Patriots would never be scared of the Giants again

Patriots fans will forever shudder in fear at the name of The New York Football Giants.

Bleedin posted an article about how Marrone has been average pretty much everywhere he's been. Hope this isn't the case.

He did well as OC in New Orleans. He had 2 winning seasons and bowl appearances in 4 seasons for Syracuse. When you remember that it's Syracuse that is pretty impressive. And I think he did well in buffalo too. Their first winning season in ten years.

The thing I never understood about Marrone, is that his QB at Syracuse during the couple of years that the team did the best it had in more than a decade, was Ryan Nassib. And Marrone praised and praised him and gave him much credit for taking the team to a bowl game.

Then Marrone jumped ship at SU as soon as Nassib was to graduate and when Marrone was drafting for his new team (the Bills), he didn't draft Nassib and instead, took EJ Manuel shocking everyone who knew the connection between Marrone and Nassib. Manuel of course, didn't turn into the second coming of Cam Newton. After 3 years in the NFL, Manuel this past season threw for 3 TD's and 3 interceptions and is the 2nd or 3rd QB off the bench, depending on who you listen to.

The thing I never understood about Marrone, is that his QB at Syracuse during the couple of years that the team did the best it had in more than a decade, was Ryan Nassib. And Marrone praised and praised him and gave him much credit for taking the team to a bowl game.

Then Marrone jumped ship at SU as soon as Nassib was to graduate and when Marrone was drafting for his new team (the Bills), he didn't draft Nassib and instead, took EJ Manuel shocking everyone who knew the connection between Marrone and Nassib. Manuel of course, didn't turn into the second coming of Cam Newton. After 3 years in the NFL, Manuel this past season threw for 3 TD's and 3 interceptions and is the 2nd or 3rd QB off the bench, depending on who you listen to.

That wasn't Marrone's decision it was Doug Whaley's. He was also at odds with Whaley over trading picks to draft Sammy Watkins, Marrone wanted to stay put and draft...Beckham. He left Buffalo more because of Whaley. Apparently players really loved Marrone in Buffalo though

Tha

That wasn't Marrone's decision it was Doug Whaley's. He was also at odds with Whaley over trading picks to draft Sammy Watkins, Marrone wanted to stay put and draft...Beckham. He left Buffalo more because of Whaley. Apparently players really loved Marrone in Buffalo though

That actually makes me feel a little better about Marrone.

When S.U. hired Marrone, I was more excited about Orange Football than I have been in years. I had optimism for the first time since the McPherson / Pasqualoni era. When he left to take the Bills job, my heart sank and I was really pissed. I suppose if your ultimate goal is to coach in the NFL, then it makes sense. But opting out of the Bills' head coach position really baffled me. Good to know that he and Whaley were at odd. It puts a little sense into confusion for me.

A little Trivia for you guys: The original school colors for Syracuse University were Light Pink and Pea Green. The colors were so ugly and the students hated them so they changed them to Dark Pink and Azure Blue, which lasted a decade or so, but still lacked power symbolism and did not imply strength so they finally switched to all orange (the navy blue was added later as the contrasting edging and high-lights for the white home uniforms) and that is how they got their name, "Syracuse Orange".

Why? As with Gase, on paper I don't understand his appeal.

He did well as OC in New Orleans. He had 2 winning seasons and bowl appearances in 4 seasons for Syracuse. When you remember that it's Syracuse that is pretty impressive. And I think he did well in buffalo too. Their first winning season in ten years.