SportsWrath

The search is on for the Giants next head coach

BleedinBlue

There will be some money freed up through cuts and restructures. Eli has always stepped up to the plate for a restructure to help the team.

I wouldn't characterize the one player whose salary is killing this organization's cap as "stepping to the plate"... when you make a whole lot more than Tom Brady, something is seriously wrong.

I just want to know how keeping Reese, promoting mcadoo and keeping spagnulo changes anything. This wasn't one man's fault. Nobody was above average

I don't get that either.

I think McAdoo's horrific red-zone playcalling had more to do with the losses than Coughlin.

No matter who comes to the Giants, this may turn out to be a blessing in disguise losing Coughlin. now Reese will be under a lot more pressure to to make something happen or he'll be gone too.

Coughlin's performance over the last few years and especially this year is worthy of firing... Yes I get we appreciate the 2 trophies... so just as he gets the credit for those, he should get the blame for where we are now... in other words, we should blame him for the last few seasons just as much as we credit him for those 2 SBs. I can think of many many instances where I was scratching my head at his decisions... like deciding to go for it on 4th down against he Jets instead of taking the 3 points... Reese as others have pointed out seems to have learned from his mistakes and is getting better whereas Coughlin is getting worse. Thanks Coach... I appreciate the decade+... I really do.

The timing of this was the whole thing. 12 years and the ownership thinking he wasn't going to be around much longer anyway. In a way it's a time to start new, but I just don't believe with this roster changing coaches will do much. man, look at what he had to play with!!

Coughlin's performance over the last few years and especially this year is worthy of firing... Yes I get we appreciate the 2 trophies... so just as he gets the credit for those, he should get the blame for where we are now... in other words, we should blame him for the last few seasons just as much as we credit him for those 2 SBs. I can think of many many instances where I was scratching my head at his decisions... like deciding to go for it on 4th down against he Jets instead of taking the 3 points... Reese as others have pointed out seems to have learned from his mistakes and is getting better whereas Coughlin is getting worse. Thanks Coach... I appreciate the decade+... I really do.

I respect everyones opinion and maybe the next guy won't have all the roster issues we've had for a few years. you're right, he's made his mistakes too.....but how many bonehead mistakes have the players made for whatever reason?

I don't get that either.

I think McAdoo's horrific red-zone playcalling had more to do with the losses than Coughlin.

And refusal to slow down the O play calling under 2 minutes. I hope the new coach fires the entire strength and conditioning group and hires Chip Kelley's group (if available). Coughlin was fired again because of the same issues with the Jaguars. Hell bring in Tiki Barber for an interview. Guy clearly knew something about staying healthy.

Well to be fair if all the players retired the same year as Tiki they would have the same opinion. Strahan had to basically force Coughlin to change.

Not necessarily. Fred Taylor hated him, then realized he was wrong to do so.

It wasn't until years later, after Taylor was cut by the Jaguars in 2009 and signed with Bill Belichick's Patriots, that he said Coughlin's methods made sense. He ran up to Coughlin when the teams met in 2009 (presumably in the preseason) and told him, "I get it now."

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-06-09/story/nfl-confidential-fred-taylor-recalls-early-days-jaguars

Not necessarily. Fred Taylor hated him, then realized he was wrong to do so.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-06-09/story/nfl-confidential-fred-taylor-recalls-early-days-jaguars

Point is Pdub, they DID have the same opinion, before Coughlin changed. Strahan has said so multiple times, and Coughlin's transformation from '06 to '07 is well documented.

Mr Mara should ring Bill Belichick and offer him 100 M to come here as HC and GM ( then kick out Jerry ) ...... Sorry , I've been drinking......The Giants are probably the only team BB would ever consider ( but he would never leave NE whilst Brady was still playing ) ........ Shame ! this Glenmorangie is good though

I respect everyones opinion and maybe the next guy won't have all the roster issues we've had for a few years. you're right, he's made his mistakes too.....but how many bonehead mistakes have the players made for whatever reason?

Character matters... Reese needs to value character also... Not just athletic ability... And coaches aren't blameless either.