SportsWrath

The search is on for the Giants next head coach

BleedinBlue

Don't get sucked into the statistics man, they outright lie or tell half truths. Rueben Randle scored 8 touchdowns and you would think he had an incredible season.

There are many problems with the offense when it comes to scoring. Use your link and take a look at the scary side of the offense like Red Zone Scoring. The RB's are average and how they were used all season was criminal.

We have no TE, no WRs outside of ODB... Our Dline sucks.. No LBs who can play a full season.... Shit ill take 12 games.... Oh and we have coached who couldn't manage a game clock... I think our OC & DC solid and our QB situation is good including Nassib.... Our OL is 1 solid starter away from being great (granted they need a season to gel).... we NEED a very good 2nd WR and a very good TE.... Tired of mediocre TEs whom we convince ourselves are great... So 3 good starters on the O are needed...

On the other side of the ball ... Its a clusterfuck... Definitely a DE is a must.... This is where id spend in FA the most. Im OK with our DTs.

Our LBs suck (good doesn't help anyone if often injured)... I'd target young and coming players in FA (dude from the skins ... Robinson I think really impressed me).... Im OK with our starting corners Prince and DRC but not the nickle... And maybe targeting a veteran free safety is in order.

It's not like there are guaranteed future Hall of Fame coaches out there for the Giants to pick from, so they have a big job ahead of them.

The New York Post this morning lists 8 possibilities:

untitled.png

Ben McAdoo, David Shaw, Sean Payton, Doug Marrone, Josh McDaniels, Adam Gase, Sean McDermott and Hue Jackson

http://nypost.com/2016/01/04/pros-and-cons-for-8-giants-tom-coughlin-replacements/

They seem to like Sean Payton the most, but also say that it would require the Giants giving up a high draft pick (possibly a big name player) and millions of dollars to the Saints in exchange for his services.

Other sources are saying that the Giants are interviewing Spags and McAdoo this morning.

Nick Saban's name has been thrown around by some and according to sources, Saban has stated there are only two teams he'd be willing to listen to: the Giants and the Colts.

Anyway...I'm fretting about who they will make their next coach. I'd love to see Payton, but I don't want to give up high draft picks and/or one of our few stars to get him.

What do you guys think we should do...or what will happen?

I heard one of the NY sports guys on local radio down here today. He said that the Giants were considering Spags in addition to the others. Spags! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

We have no TE, no WRs outside of ODB... Our Dline sucks.. No LBs who can play a full season.... Shit ill take 12 games.... Oh and we have coached who couldn't manage a game clock... I think our OC & DC solid and our QB situation is good including Nassib.... Our OL is 1 solid starter away from being great (granted they need a season to gel).... we NEED a very good 2nd WR and a very good TE.... Tired of mediocre TEs whom we convince ourselves are great... So 3 good starters on the O are needed...

On the other side of the ball ... Its a clusterfuck... Definitely a DE is a must.... This is where id spend in FA the most. Im OK with our DTs.

Our LBs suck (good doesn't help anyone if often injured)... I'd target young and coming players in FA (dude from the skins ... Robinson I think really impressed me).... Im OK with our starting corners Prince and DRC but not the nickle... And maybe targeting a veteran free safety is in order.

Oh stop it with the clock management shit already. If you don't run the ball, forget about running time off the clock.

The problem with the players we have been picking up at TE is we keep looking for receivers and not blockers. At this point I'd take an undrafted undersized tackle out of college who can run and teach him how to catch.

As far as the offensive line goes, we need one guard. Move Beatty to RT, Schwartz & Newhouse are backups.

Pair of DT and DE's would significantly upgrade the defensive line. Anyone who can't challenge Markus Kuhn to start shouldn't be on the roster Jay Bromley. Cullen Jenkins is not getting younger and is situational at this point in his career.

Two more safeties, one MLB and can never have enough CBs.

Maybe a free safety????

Man, we need a free safety almost as much as we need a DE that can get to the QB. We've played everyone at free safety who are not free safeties. Collins is very good and will get much better, but he's a strong safety and built too big and solid to be a free safety that needs to be as quick as a WR and sharp as a LB.

I agree with everything you wrote, but I'd prioritize it like this:

Priority 1: Pass rushing DE and/or Free safety

Priority 2: LB

Priority 3: Big ass TE that can block like a lineman and catch like Gronk

Priority 4: OL

It will be interesting to see how hard the front office hits the Free Agent market. We need to get a couple of really good starters and then have a really good draft.

Oh stop it with the clock management shit already. If you don't run the ball, forget about running time off the clock.

The problem with the players we have been picking up at TE is we keep looking for receivers and not blockers. At this point I'd take an undrafted undersized tackle out of college who can run and teach him how to catch.

As far as the offensive line goes, we need one guard. Move Beatty to RT, Schwartz & Newhouse are backups.

Pair of DT and DE's would significantly upgrade the defensive line. Anyone who can't challenge Markus Kuhn to start shouldn't be on the roster Jay Bromley. Cullen Jenkins is not getting younger and is situational at this point in his career.

Two more safeties, one MLB and can never have enough CBs.

The clock management was infuriating....

Bleedin, i do think we should go after a vetrran free safety.... No maybe lol

I'm of the belief that the right side of our OL entirely needs upgrading... meaning both Schwartz and Newhouse. I want to see Brandon Brooks at the very least brought in and Beatty may need to be replaced if he refuses to move to the right side. Someone here threw out Cordy Glenn's name.

WR... depending on how we attack the defense in free agency can be handled either by bringing in a young vet (Alshon/Kearse/Marvin Jones/Sanu) or early in the draft if we take care of most of the major defensive holes in free agency with a guy like Treadwell (who is an absolute monster).

TE... Idk about this yet.

We definitely need to begin attacking the defense with the DL... namely the DEs. Idk what JPP will be looking for, but I want to see him and Ayers back with a guy like Olivier Vernon or Vinny Curry and a draft pick.

The LBs are a disaster at best and with Reese remaining we know this will never get fixed, but there are a few big names on the market. The question is will we attack?

There are plenty of safeties on the market as well. Weddle, Berry, Gipson (don't know much about him, but I've heard his name thrown around).

Keenan Robinson is good and a free agent, but he's injured a lot as well. Trevathan from Denver is a MLB I hope we look at. Kelvin Sheppard from Miami too.

Williams has been on the decline the last two years.....and he flat quit on his team this year. Pass.

On the other hand, a receiver who I like and wouldn't break the bank: Sanu.

Williams has been on the decline the last two years.....and he flat quit on his team this year. Pass.

On the other hand, a receiver who I like and wouldn't break the bank: Sanu.

He was also Playing out of Position in the Ryan 3-4 try Defense when he is a 4-3 DE. Probably still better then anything we got on the roster at the moment except JPP.

If Schwartz comes with him

I'd like Schwartz, or maybe Mike Smith.

Hell if Cowher can get himself a decent DC to come with him I would take him as well.

I just want a coach who can finally fix this defense after the last seven or eight seasons, it's enough.

I'd like Schwartz, or maybe Mike Smith.

Hell if Cowher can get himself a decent DC to come with him I would take him as well.

I just want a coach who can finally fix this defense after the last seven or eight seasons, it's enough.

Agreed not sure why these guys have such an affinity for Spags

That mediocre tight end led all rookie tight ends and he wasn't drafted. There might be room for improvement, but Tye exceeded expectations by far and was off our practice squad. He almost scored more touchdowns than our running backs combined and he averaged 11 yards a catch and he only played in what? 12 games?

We need an offensive coordinator who is smarter with the playcalling, doesn't give up on the run after the first half because he's down ten, and understands that running back by committee doesn't mean running back by crowd and it doesn't mean give a 4 guys 3 touches per half. It'd be nice if he realized that you start to run out of field to dink and dunk when you get in the red zone, too. Or that third and 10 doesn't mean you run a designed three yard out route and hope and pray that your receiver can make two guys miss.

Oh, and Trumaine McBride has been a solid nickel cornerback for us. Amukamara playing mediocre/hurt for 2/3s of the season pressed guys like Trevin Wade and Jayron Hosely into more action than any of us would want, though.

Head coach: Doug Marrone

Oc: Mcadoo

DC: Jim Shwartz

Spags better not be safe. It's one thing to bring in a new coach and be like can we keep Mcadoo for eli please?

You can't hire a guy like marrone and make him inherit Spags. You just can't. Mcadoo maybe. But if we get Payton he's gone be like fuck that and Payton wants nothing todo with Spags either.

Bottom line this is risky. Always risky when you fire a head coach but not the coordinators.

I for one don't mind McAdoo as the HC. He was anyway groomed for it - his offense has been passable but our redzone woes have been there ever since we lost Plax. We just flat out sucked in the red zone. Spags is a good DC - we forget where he had this defense during our run. Give him a couple good players and he can certainly kick some ass on this D. Lets see where this is headed. I definitely do not fucking want Saban - he FUBARed Miami. Payton - if the situation changes would be a great HC in NYC I feel. He always has been someone with brains and creativity.

I think if the Giants were serious about McAdoo they would of let TC finish out the contract with the condition that McAdoo takes over in 2017. This would of given him another year to prepare and maybe given him say in what kind of players he wants for the offense come draft or free agency. I don't think they ever wanted a lameduck situation though