SportsWrath

Kevin Gilbride will announce his retirement soon

Lughead

we also had the most talent we've ever had on offense this era

my guess is that most teams are breaking their offensive franchise records these past few years. the nfl team offense, passing td and passing yardage records were each broken twice in the past 7 years

Yeah, the fact that they broke all the old records is a reflection of the evolution of the NFL as well as having the best quarterback the franchise has seen and some of the best wide receivers and running backs, as well. It's not a testament to Kevin Gilbride. I've said it for years, those offenses excelled despite Kevin Gilbride, who's offenses have routinely turned the ball over, were mediocre at best in the red zone, and continuously struggled to convert third downs.

we also had the most talent we've ever had on offense this era

right, so if we were always middle of the pack in scoring or lower end I'd call him a bad OC.

you can give me a bunch of high end expensive ingredients, doesn't mean im gonna cook you up a 5 star dinner.

right, so if we were always middle of the pack in scoring or lower end I'd call him a bad OC.

you can give me a bunch of high end expensive ingredients, doesn't mean im gonna cook you up a 5 star dinner.

Oh Pdoub you know logic doesnt belong on these forums.

here's some logic, canada:

2007-2012: the quarterback started putting it together in his 4th season and we get the most talent we've ever had. offense improves

2013: the offensive line ages/declines/gets injured/sucks, bradshaw declines and gets cut, wilson gets hurt, brown gets hurt, and eli has his worst season as a pro. offense is second worst in football.

the one constant was the offensive coordinator

Yes everyone is putting up more points.

and still compared to that everyone:

Tom Rock @TomRock_Newsday 15m

Giants' NFL ranking in scoring under Kevin Gilbride in the last 6 seasons: 3rd, 8th, 7th, 9th, 6th, 28th.

Ah, gotcha.

Remember him as fondly as you want. I'm just happy he's gone

Chudzinski would be my top choice, I think he got a sour deal getting fired by Cleveland and think he will be a good head coach some day.

I think I'd rather have Norv Turner... strange situation up there in Cleveland, firing the head coach, keeping the assistants, but the assistants (or at least, Norv) desperately want out. Getting canned may have been the best thing to happen to Chudzinski. The Browns front office implied there was stuff going on behind the scenes... shades of Fassel.... poor character, poor leadership, I don't know what.... so I'm not really sure if Chudzinski was the problem, or if it is their convenience store quality ownership.

I think I'd rather have Norv Turner... strange situation up there in Cleveland, firing the head coach, keeping the assistants, but the assistants (or at least, Norv) desperately want out. Getting canned may have been the best thing to happen to Chudzinski. The Browns front office implied there was stuff going on behind the scenes... shades of Fassel.... poor character, poor leadership, I don't know what.... so I'm not really sure if Chudzinski was the problem, or if it is their convenience store quality ownership.

What was the rumor supposed to be with Fassel? He was a womanizer or something, right?

The Giants need to go into the decision on who to replace Gilbride with as much focus as they would place on finding a new head coach.

The Giants value stability, and look to promote from within.....which means that when Coughlin steps down eventually, whomever is running the offense might get a serious look at running this team.

I have nothing against Sullivan, but I think the OC position for the NY Giants has to be one of the top openings in the NFL, and should be drawing the interest of the best minds in the NFL.

The Giants don't need to settle, nor should they.