SportsWrath

Someone else agrees with me...

Nas

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/vacchiano-season-lost-giants-test-unproven-players-article-1.1483986

I was upset not to see Hankin playing during the last game... he saw the field the week before and he was more noticeable out there than any other DT. I see a lot of teams playing their rookies (i.e. The skins were playing their 3rd rounder)... last year they started RGIII, and his back up was a rookie too.... I don't fucking understand why draft talent and relegate them to the bench especially when your starters suck major donkey balls.

And this time they won't have to endure the pain of a quarterback change. Manning remains the franchise, despite his hideous start, and he’s likely to get a contract extension during the offseason. So nobody needs to get a look at rookie third-stringer Ryan Nassib.

But the coaches and front office do need to see the rest of the cast. Why watch a 33-year-old Diehl when they can find out if Mosley or Brewer are capable linemen? Why see more of a 30-year-old Tuck or a 34-year-old Shaun Rogers when Moore and Hankins are the future of the defensive line? Why go with 31-year-old running back Brandon Jacobs instead of seeing if Cox, their seventh-round pick, can be the next Ahmad Bradshaw.

Maybe that will lead to more immediate misery, but so what? At least they'd get it out of the way now instead of suffering again next season. When free agency kicks off in March, Reese needs to know what he has on his roster before he begins fixing the roster. He’s got a chance now to get a first-hand look, so why make him guess?

I was saying in the other thread that when We're statistically out of the playoffs we should bench Eli and see what Nassib has got.

Until we are officially out, I disagree. Once we are eliminated, I'd bench every non-rookie starter and find out who is worth keeping from the 2nd string.

You have a franchise QB, you don't experiment on the line. Diehl plays because of his experience, that's the right thing to do.

I saw some of Brewer in the preseason and it was like a revolving door. He might get better but he wasn't looking too good back then.

We should play the following guys a TON of snaps the final 8 games

Jernigan

Wilson

Hankins

Moore

Hill

J.Williams

Paysinger

Hosely

Cooper

McBride

Adrien Robinson

Myers I hope will NOT be brought back

We need OL help, DE/LB help and a lil safety help, Mundy sucks a bag of dicks

I would've had Nassib in there for some of our blowout losses hoping that he showed something prior to the trade deadline. If he had displayed some play making ability, maybe we are the ones to trade him to Minnesota prior to their picking up Freeman. But he hasn't had a chance to display anything, and as such, he's worthless as far as trade value goes.

But yeah, I think after the bye week, we really need to start looking at some of these guys. Given we'll likely be 0-8 at that point, really, what's the harm.

As for getting Eli back on track, not going to happen if he's under constant pressure with WRs who can't get open or who drop the ball...all while not having a running game to speak of.

I'm completely mystified as to why JPP and Tuck are even on the field.

I'd pull JPP and hope his back heals. Give Moore some time...but let Tuck hang out there.

What do you expect to see Kiwi do that you haven't seen in 7 years? And to be cold about it, I'd rather Tuck stay in and risk getting hurt, since there's no way we're re-signing him after this season.

Until we are officially out, I disagree. Once we are eliminated, I'd bench every non-rookie starter and find out who is worth keeping from the 2nd string.

Basically turn the second half of the season into a preseason game like mindset. I dig it.

This...

I would've had Nassib in there for some of our blowout losses hoping that he showed something prior to the trade deadline. If he had displayed some play making ability, maybe we are the ones to trade him to Minnesota prior to their picking up Freeman. But he hasn't had a chance to display anything, and as such, he's worthless as far as trade value goes.

But yeah, I think after the bye week, we really need to start looking at some of these guys. Given we'll likely be 0-8 at that point, really, what's the harm.

As for getting Eli back on track, not going to happen if he's under constant pressure with WRs who can't get open or who drop the ball...all while not having a running game to speak of.

Roc, I have no idea where people are getting this, "well, he's got trade value" from. He was a fourth-round rookie who couldn't beat out either Curtis Painter or David Carr for the backup spot... and just about every team has somebody young that they're looking to develop. Why would anybody waste any pick on Nassib when there's guys like Vince Young or Josh Freeman available that have real NFL experience and have lead playoff teams out there, or they have someone on their own roster who already knows the system?

You'd be lucky to just get your fourth back for him, and I don't think you'd get better than a sixth. In fact, I don't think he has any trade value at all.

Any trade value Nassib has surely isn't going to be there this year. If he is amazing in the preseason, in 3 years maybe we get back a 3rd or 4th for him. But in 4 years he's a UFA and that means he'll probably end up somewhere else, possibly even out of the league. The worst thing a mid-round QB prospect could do is be drafted by a team like the Giants, with a QB that never misses a game, and will be starting in the league for longer than your contract. Sucks for him. Feel bad for a guy like Kirk Cousins, too. Guy has real talent, maybe (probably) more than Nassib. But he will have to hope he gets into a better situation one day or hope that Griffin can't play for a stretch so he can win some games and get exposure. At least in Cousins' case, RGIII getting injured and missing games doesn't seem too unlikely.

I wouldn't call this a very good argument for playing rookies. Eli Manning started after the fans and staff were tired of watching Warner hold the ball over 7 seconds waiting for something to develop. A rookie can hold the ball that long and learn something unlike a veteran.

Now one thing that has been very clear with Tom Coughlin has been you earn game time with performance in practice. Would love to see what our rookies can do but I'd rather win a game even if its a 1-15 season because you don't play to lose, you play to win. Teams don't play for draft position, they play for playoff position.

I wouldn't call this a very good argument for playing rookies. Eli Manning started after the fans and staff were tired of watching Warner hold the ball over 7 seconds waiting for something to develop. A rookie can hold the ball that long and learn something unlike a veteran.

Now one thing that has been very clear with Tom Coughlin has been you earn game time with performance in practice. Would love to see what our rookies can do but I'd rather win a game even if its a 1-15 season because you don't play to lose, you play to win. Teams don't play for draft position, they play for playoff position.

When Hankin Played he was consistently in the backfield... something our DTs did only sporadically. He's a 2nd round pick and should see game-time...