SportsWrath

Giants/Colts preseason game

Lughead

just watched it .............horrible. When is Gilbride going to stop with these fucking draw plays ? Eli looked rubbish , we are still hopeless in the red zone ......at least Wilson looked explosive I suppose ! I hate bloody preseason games

I watched the first half. What I saw:

Hosley and Ross are both terrible at timing passes.

Diehl looks horrible.

Eli isn't very sharp.

Dan Connor is the starting MLB.

We have one short yardage play, and it's the Brown sweep left play.

What did I miss in the second half?

just watched it .............horrible. When is Gilbride going to stop with these fucking draw plays ? Eli looked rubbish , we are still hopeless in the red zone ......at least Wilson looked explosive I suppose ! I hate bloody preseason games

Those looked horrible. They work sporadically.

Screen plays to Cox were nice. Wilson looked good again.

Red zone offense was horrible, but I'm hoping that's because they wanted to keep the offense pretty bland, not giving anything away. That can really be said for the defense too.

Defense I thought played pretty decent, focusing on the run game. They did okay, but the backups had a lot to be desired once Brown came in for the Colts. Take away a fluke play by Ross and you're looking at a 13-12 game. Add in the fact that we'd have kicked a FG, as opposed to going for it on 4th down, in the red zone at the beginning of the game, and you're looking at a 15-13 win instead of a 20-12 loss. I'm encouraged given we didn't have Webster or Rolle in the secondary and still played fairly well.

That draw play has to go. They had to have tried it 4-5 times with no success. Either it works really, really well in practice, or Gilbride is an idiot. Given the success in the game with that play, I'm starting to lean toward the latter.

Eli's been inaccurate, and I have to believe that has to do with missing time with the injured Nicks and the contract-battled Cruz. Hopefully the timing gets worked out. I did like what I saw with Wilson catching passes out of the backfield. We really haven't had that since Tiki, and I think it could be a huge part of our offense this year if it's developed properly.

Overall, it's really just an 'eh' performance. Nothing that blows you away and nothing that gets you super concerned heading into the season. We escaped relatively healthy and that's the most important.

Lastly, Diehl sucks, play the rook!

I watched the first half. What I saw:

Hosley and Ross are both terrible at timing passes.

Diehl looks horrible.

Eli isn't very sharp.

Dan Connor is the starting MLB.

We have one short yardage play, and it's the Brown sweep left play.

What did I miss in the second half?

Pam Oliver caught one in the face.

Otherwise...spot on.

C. Wagon

There were a few things I took away from the game that looked promising. Cox appears to be very hungry and could end up getting a lot more action as the 3rd RB if he keeps it up.

I am a big (make that huge) fan of Paysinger who was all over the field last week playing like a monster. This week, I didn't see nearly as much, but Williams was on fire and looks like he is determined to win back the starting job from Paysinger. Great competition to wring as much out of those two guys as possible.

Hankins looks like he'll be a stud after getting a year of NFL experience under his belt.

Hosley looked really good...then not so good at times. He has the fire in his belly though and I think he's going to climb up the roster.

Conner definitely outplayed Herzlich this week. Herzlich wasn't bad, just that Conner was all over the place and making big hits.

Austin even showed a little flair...and boy does he need to if he thinks he's going to make the team.

Josh Brown nailed all his field goals (4 for 4 - longest was 47 yds) and looks pretty accurate - even at 40 yds plus.

-------------

Disappointments:

I really want to see Brandon Myers get a few throws to see what he has. The one play where the ball was thrown behind him at his feet wasn't much to go on.

The whole front line looks shabby so far and Deihl was bitch slapped to the ground a couple of times which doesn't make me feel good about his fading abilities.

I'm expecting a lot out of Murphy, but he hasn't really been thrown to a lot yet. He's supposed to be a burner, but it looks like they were using him more out of the slot after Cruz got hurt.

If Baas isn't healthy, we got big problems.