SportsWrath

Puking on myself right now

JMFP

Personally, I don't think Greene would make the team. He certainly wouldn't displace Rivers or Paysinger or Williams and would be in a fight for his life to beat out Bosworth, who will probably get cut in favor of Curry. And no way they'd try Greene in the Mike position because of his size. That position is a lock with Herzlich and Conners.

I think the Bears would trade Greene for Paysinger in a heartbeat and laugh all the way to the playoffs.

Maybe it's my bias because I'm a Rutgers alumni, but I look at what Greene did when he switched to linebacker and can't help but think he's exactly the sort of player that would fit in Fewell's ball-hawking schemes. Basically, he could retire his 4-2-5 because of Greene's ability to cover. There are so many ways you can use a guy with the size/speed/coverage skills of Greene.

Maybe it's my bias because I'm a Rutgers alumni, but I look at what Greene did when he switched to linebacker and can't help but think he's exactly the sort of player that would fit in Fewell's ball-hawking schemes. Basically, he could retire his 4-2-5 because of Greene's ability to cover. There are so many ways you can use a guy with the size/speed/coverage skills of Greene.

That is going to be Cooper Taylor's role

Tuck on the downswing, JPP hurt, Kiwanuka moving back to DE but only after several years at LB, and Osi gone....we could use a refueling of the DE position, so we did it.

It was Hankins we got in round two, instead of Bostic.

Darn, I thought we were talking about Greene.

Regardless, Herzlich is god. To hell with the lot of you naysayers and heathens.

I think at first we were. Bostic will be the better of the two in Chicago. I am not upset we took Hankins though.

I think at first we were. Bostic will be the better of the two in Chicago. I am not upset we took Hankins though.

Yea, I'm not too upset either.. Linval is in his do or die year honestly... and it was the Line that sucked major balls last year... Although looking back, I wish we'd drafted Bostic... what was Hankin's projected draft spot?

Yea, I'm not too upset either.. Linval is in his do or die year honestly... and it was the Line that sucked major balls last year... Although looking back, I wish we'd drafted Bostic... what was Hankin's projected draft spot?

Late first round, early to mid second round.

We got him pretty much where he was suppose to go.

.................. after the Giants took the Next Jeff Rutledge with their 4th (and 6th).

Joe .....never forget that 4th and 1 at Pasadena Rose Bowl in Superbowl 21 .........remember the look on Tuna's face when Jeff converted ........i was just 16 ...it was 4a.m. in a sleepy old English village in the snow.............

regards

UK

our line is going to be great. i don't know anything about joe's linebacker but these two rooks seem to be good picks and depth at d-line is important for our system

Are we basing this on one preseason game? Hankins could be the next William Joseph for all we know.

Are we basing this on one preseason game? Hankins could be the next William Joseph for all we know.

That can be said about any rookie, Jim. As I stated before, we just can't have them all... between Hankin and Bostic.. it's a crap shoot... The FO saw the need to revive our DL which they went at from all angles.. both signing veterans as well as bringing in rookie talent to groom... and we have 6 pretty good LBs competing.. if 2 of them turn out good, we're set.

Darn, I thought we were talking about Greene.

Regardless, Herzlich is god. To hell with the lot of you naysayers and heathens.

Herzlich is always around the ball. Unfortunately, it's more than 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage and because they're running right at him, but he's always there.

Jesus, the only linebackers I even noticed were Masau and Broha, and they were playing in the scrub zone. Williams had a play, Conner had a couple tackles. Curry had the tip, but he also blew past Hasselbeck in order to make the play on a fake handoff--after how many years!?

Again, more positive news on Greene.....

By Charles Curtis/NJ.comThe Star-Ledger

Follow on Twitter

on August 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM

http://www.nj.com/ru...ars_as_olb.html

Khaseem Greene, who grew up in Elizabeth, N.J. and won Big East Defensive Player of the Year twice for Rutgers, is making an impression as a linebacker for the Chicago Bears.

The fourth round selection (117th overall) had a solid first preseason game in a win over the Carolina Panthers in which he had four tackles. "As long as I'm out there I'm going to try to do everything within the scheme and the defense to go out there and make plays. If the opportunity presents itself like that, I'm expecting and holding myself to the standard of going and making it," he told ChicagoBears.com's Larry Mayer. He had three tackles in the Bears' 33-28 win over the Chargers last Thursday.

The Chicago Tribune's Dan McNeil wrote a few days ago that Greene "looks worthy of a role on special teams" and that the Bears' coaching staff had similar things to what was said at Rutgers about Greene's "smarts, maturity and leadership qualities."

In case you guys might have forgotten, this is what a linebacker who can run looks like.....

13269602-mmmain.jpg

LMAO. The article states that he "looks worthy for a role on special teams". Well I should hope so as pretty much all LB's are used on special teams.

Anyway...back to reality. One of the bright spots in the Giants game with Indianapolis was our ability to stop the run for a change. Credit is being given to the defensive line and linebackers. We held their RB's to an average of 2.7 yds per carry (33 carries for 88 yds). BTW, the Bears with outstanding LB's gave up an average of 4.9 yds per carry against the Chargers (141 yds on 29 carries). Don't know how that could happen with Greene in there.

Regardless....now if we can just keep everyone healthy for opening day, I'll be happy.

Let's not go crazy with stats from a preseason game. They are pretty worthless. It will be interesting to see how TC shapes this roster. It's been quite awhile since there was a 3rd QB make the team on final cuts. That's an extra roster spot, and we already have another extra roster spot for Zak DeOssie, the long snapper. So that means an extra player on defense or an extra O-lineman isn't going to be there, pending how we do with injuries for the remainder of the preseason. Secretly, I wonder if TC and Reese are hoping Nassib sprains an ankle or something so he can stash him on IR, essentially redshirting him. This drafting of a QB to be a backup, when he isn't really going to be the backup year, has more downside than the opportunity cost of missing on a potential impact linebacker (or other position).