SportsWrath

Puking on myself right now

JMFP

LMAO. The article states that he "looks worthy for a role on special teams". Well I should hope so as pretty much all LB's are used on special teams.

Anyway...back to reality. One of the bright spots in the Giants game with Indianapolis was our ability to stop the run for a change. Credit is being given to the defensive line and linebackers. We held their RB's to an average of 2.7 yds per carry (33 carries for 88 yds). BTW, the Bears with outstanding LB's gave up an average of 4.9 yds per carry against the Chargers (141 yds on 29 carries). Don't know how that could happen with Greene in there.

Regardless....now if we can just keep everyone healthy for opening day, I'll be happy.

Bleedin....if we drafted Greene, and also had Lance Briggs, yeah, Greene would be on specials here, too.

Giants burned a 4th and a 6th on a kid that will be our 3rd string QB, and likely will never play a meaningful snap of football for the Giants....that's reality, my friend.

Let's not go crazy with stats from a preseason game. They are pretty worthless. It will be interesting to see how TC shapes this roster. It's been quite awhile since there was a 3rd QB make the team on final cuts. That's an extra roster spot, and we already have another extra roster spot for Zak DeOssie, the long snapper. So that means an extra player on defense or an extra O-lineman isn't going to be there, pending how we do with injuries for the remainder of the preseason. Secretly, I wonder if TC and Reese are hoping Nassib sprains an ankle or something so he can stash him on IR, essentially redshirting him. This drafting of a QB to be a backup, when he isn't really going to be the backup year, has more downside than the opportunity cost of missing on a potential impact linebacker (or other position).

Well said as usual, Jim.

As far as I'm concerned, the only impact Nassib is going to have this season is to make the roster thinner at another position.

Frankly, since the deal has already gone down, they should try to move Carr off the roster, or else just suck it up and carry 3 QBs..... the whole thing didn't make much sense from the get-go.

Bleedin....if we drafted Greene, and also had Lance Briggs, yeah, Greene would be on specials here, too.

Giants burned a 4th and a 6th on a kid that will be our 3rd string QB, and likely will never play a meaningful snap of football for the Giants....that's reality, my friend.

James Anderson, is who Greene backs up

You know Joe...I love your passion. Really do. But at some point, you have to suck it up and let it go. What is, is what it is. We don't have a time machine to go back and change things. Only time will tell whether or not Reese and TC (and dozens of professional scouts who do nothing but analyze every kid coming out of college) made the right decision.

If in two years we cut Nassib and Greene is a pro-bowler, you get to boast about knowing the decision was a bad one back in 2013. But right now, every discussion is based purely on speculation as to the quality of the players at issue here. Reese and TC aren't perfect, but they are not idiots either. We simply don't know their reasoning behind their picks....but I can assure you that I'm far more apt to trust them over the advice of fans.

You know Joe...I love your passion. Really do. But at some point, you have to suck it up and let it go. What is, is what it is. We don't have a time machine to go back and change things. Only time will tell whether or not Reese and TC (and dozens of professional scouts who do nothing but analyze every kid coming out of college) made the right decision.

If in two years we cut Nassib and Greene is a pro-bowler, you get to boast about knowing the decision was a bad one back in 2013. But right now, every discussion is based purely on speculation as to the quality of the players at issue here. Reese and TC aren't perfect, but they are not idiots either. We simply don't know their reasoning behind their picks....but I can assure you that I'm far more apt to trust them over the advice of fans.

You know Joe is not that kindda guy. Joe, show bleedin your dancing shoes :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REElUors1pQ

I'm sorry BB.....but I can't let it go.

I'm sorry BB.....but I can't let it go.

When teams are running for 100+ yards again this year you will really start to puke. Also the top tackler on the team, a LB, is gone and so is the third most. To make matters worse the 2nd is Rolle. Good times.

Despite everything, and despite my frustration with them ignoring the LB position in the draft (yet again), I am hopeful that we will be better at linebacker.

Herzlich looks the best I've ever seen of him, and Connor looks very active. This Saturday night is the dress rehearsal for the regular season, so whoever is starting will probably be the week 1 starter. And so keep an eye on how that looks for us against a team that is probably going to give the ball an awful lot to Chris Ivory. Jacquian Williams also looked impressive to me in this past game, and every time I watch Paysinger I come away impressed. This is a work in progress, but I haven't abandoned hope that we will hopefully be a lot better at linebacker this year.

Despite everything, and despite my frustration with them ignoring the LB position in the draft (yet again), I am hopeful that we will be better at linebacker.

Herzlich looks the best I've ever seen of him, and Connor looks very active. This Saturday night is the dress rehearsal for the regular season, so whoever is starting will probably be the week 1 starter. And so keep an eye on how that looks for us against a team that is probably going to give the ball an awful lot to Chris Ivory. Jacquian Williams also looked impressive to me in this past game, and every time I watch Paysinger I come away impressed. This is a work in progress, but I haven't abandoned hope that we will hopefully be a lot better at linebacker this year.

Well stated....although I know you don't need my validation....

The fact that we've been stopping the run pretty good is encouraging. Against the Steelers, we allowed an average of 3.5 yds per carry and against the Colts, we allowed only an average of 2.5 yds per carry. That's a huge improvement over last year when we allowed an average of 4.6 yds per carry.

I think the biggest problem with the LB's last year was the fact that the D-line did such a poor job up front, that the LB's had more than they could handle. If they moved up to stop the run, the other team would throw the ball...if they moved back to stop the quick pass, the other team would run the ball. It seems this year (so far anyway) that the LB's are lining up a little further back and the D-line is doing their job.

Regardless...I have faith in our LB's. Now our defensive coach - that's a whole nuther story!

Well stated....although I know you don't need my validation....

The fact that we've been stopping the run pretty good is encouraging. Against the Steelers, we allowed an average of 3.5 yds per carry and against the Colts, we allowed only an average of 2.5 yds per carry. That's a huge improvement over last year when we allowed an average of 4.6 yds per carry.

I think the biggest problem with the LB's last year was the fact that the D-line did such a poor job up front, that the LB's had more than they could handle. If they moved up to stop the run, the other team would throw the ball...if they moved back to stop the quick pass, the other team would run the ball. It seems this year (so far anyway) that the LB's are lining up a little further back and the D-line is doing their job.

Regardless...I have faith in our LB's. Now our defensive coach - that's a whole nuther story!

Are you not taking into account that this is the preseason?

When teams are running for 100+ yards again this year you will really start to puke. Also the top tackler on the team, a LB, is gone and so is the third most. To make matters worse the 2nd is Rolle. Good times.

I didn't realize that...yikes.

Are you not taking into account that this is the preseason?

Of course. However, last year instead of tackling runners, we opened up holes for them. My mother (and she's 82 years old) could have picked up a 5 yard run against last year's line.

Herzlich is the guy in the #58 jersey?

Yup, Herzlich is 58, Conner is 53, Paysinger 52, Williams 57, Rivers 55, Curry 59.

The three kids trying to make the team are all wearing numbers in the 40's.

I know it was a "Are you sure, your watching the same guy" joke