SportsWrath

Puking on myself right now

JMFP

If in two years we cut Nassib and Greene is a pro-bowler, you get to boast about knowing the decision was a bad one back in 2013. But right now, every discussion is based purely on speculation as to the quality of the players at issue here. Reese and TC aren't perfect, but they are not idiots either. We simply don't know their reasoning behind their picks....but I can assure you that I'm far more apt to trust them over the advice of fans.

Not really. He went to a team that brought along Urlacher and Briggs. All it would really mean is that Greene went to a team that knows how to develop the potential in linebackers.

We've developed who over the years? Blackburn. And that was well before this current defensive staff. I can't think of anyone else, except for maybe Kiwi, who they took from an above average DE to an average LB. Nice job.

I would keep a very close eye on whether or not Curry turns into something--he's got the drive, and at least some talent to be drafted where he was. If he fails, it wouldn't be all on the coach's head, but the circumstances are there for the coach to develop potential.

I'm really not sure Curry is going to make the team. He looks terrible against the backups.

Said the same thing in this thread. He will make the 53, but won't deserve it. There's a reason he was a grade A bust and it wasn't just injury. Rivers has looked bad too.

So we couldn't coach up a motivated 1st rounder (who admittedly wasn't as good as his draft position) to at least play a reserve on a scrub squad, and we should expect a third rounder to become an all-pro for us? A guy who became a linebacker 2 years into his Rutgers career?

Getting drafted by Chicago was probably the best thing that could have happened to Greene.

So we couldn't coach up a motivated 1st rounder (who admittedly wasn't as good as his draft position) to at least play a reserve on a scrub squad, and we should expect a third rounder to become an all-pro for us? A guy who became a linebacker 2 years into his Rutgers career?

Getting drafted by Chicago was probably the best thing that could have happened to Greene.

Giants is LB dooooom. Seriously have any of these re-treads ever worked out. Bulluck, Bulluck, Bulluck. <_<

I agree 100%. Chicago is a perfect place for him....backing up Lance Briggs, and playing a big role on special teams.

And Greene was available in the 4th. Chicago jumped on him after the Giants picked the guy who will never play for them.

I agree 100%. Chicago is a perfect place for him....backing up Lance Briggs, and playing a big role on special teams.

And Greene was available in the 4th. Chicago jumped on him after the Giants picked the guy who will never play for them.

Wait, they picked him to play behind a starter?! What a waste of a pick!

Bulluck was so old when we got him, his joints weren't calcified, they were fossilized.

:D

Exactly, the best person to use an example. We always groan when a thread starts about a cut player or an old veteran but if that person is a LB then the Giants are interested. Seriously what other position gets no high salary players and constant re-treads? JM has a legitimate concern when it comes to LBs.

The last LB to be taken in the first round was Banks in 1984. Now that's puke worthy. Maybe you could say Kiwanuka but that's a stretch.

:D

Exactly, the best person to use an example. We always groan when a thread starts about a cut player or an old veteran but if that person is a LB then the Giants are interested. Seriously what other position gets no high salary players and constant re-treads? JM has a legitimate concern when it comes to LBs.

The last LB to be taken in the first round was Banks in 1984. Now that's puke worthy. Maybe you could say Kiwanuka but that's a stretch.

Perfectly said.

Everyone talks about how important a pass rush is, how important coverage is......that is correct.

But in the same breath, some of the same people completely blow off the importance of the players that are responsible for tackling the ball carrier. It's baffling.

I'm not asking for linebacker to be stacked every fucking year like our line. Yeah, I'd love it if we had the depth on the team where 6 legitimate NFL starters are fighting over 3 (or in our DC's case, 2) starting jobs. I'd probably get wood if Reese went into every draft thinking linebacker in the first 3 rounds. I've come to accept that's not happening.

I would just like the Giants to try to draft/trade/develop maybe 1 guy at linebacker that an opposing offensive coordinator has to pause and think about when they come up with a fucking gameplan.