SportsWrath

*Preseason Opener* Well, That's it....

BronxRik

just listened to the whole game on NFL Field pass ( and watched the brief highlights ) .............it sounded pretty awful apart from the Eli to Cruz moment ( and the pass to Randle the play before the TD ) ..........were our linebackers as clueless as they sounded ?

just listened to the whole game on NFL Field pass ( and watched the brief highlights ) .............it sounded pretty awful apart from the Eli to Cruz moment ( and the pass to Randle the play before the TD ) ..........were our linebackers as clueless as they sounded ?

Yes, And when they did seem to know what was going on they were a step slow... So they are in mid season form.

they were horrid!!!

Actually, last night was about the same or even a little better than most of the first preseason games in recent memory. I distinctly remember saying, "what the hell are they doing up there (in Albany)???" during every first game for quite a while now. That includes years that ended up horribly and years that ended up in the Canyon of Hero's. Wouldn't get too worked up one way or another, guys.

Will Scott ever play in the NFL with the Giants? or in the NFL period?

not looking to good for him that's for sure. He has to step it up big time to make the team this year I think. Michael Cox may of surpassed him tonight .

too busy playing a computer game to post as I watching both screens...but I agree with Carl Banks about Scott...the minute he was tackled I swear the same thing crossed my mind that Banks said "ya know Scott is going to have to learn how to be a running back in the NFL...you have to be able to run through those arm tackles...anytime someone gets an arm around him or his legs he goes down.." What I also saw is that I never saw an RB look like he had run a 50 yard scamper in 2 yards of actual running. He reminds me of Butch Woolfolk...not a good comparison for you younger guys..." :P

I don't think it was Oline either. Wilson goes five yards backwards, to gain one yard.

Lol what?

I don't think Wilson seen a single snap where he didnt have atleast two defenders in the backfield.

Not trying to make excuses but the Giants "1st team" run blocking was worse then last season, it only got better when third string scrubs started playing on both sides.

Lol what?

I don't think Wilson seen a single snap where he didnt have atleast two defenders in the backfield.

Not trying to make excuses but the Giants "1st team" run blocking was worse then last season, it only got better when third string scrubs started playing on both sides.

I thought they were OK, especially inside. Mosley did a pretty solid job filling in for Snee. Wilson seem to hesitate and bounce it outside, for a big play, instead of taking what was in front of him.

2 series... scored 10 points. should have scored 14.

I missed most of the game cause of work but the one play I saw Wilson in the backfield was the 1st and goal run on our 1st possession and Cruz got abused by whoever he was attempting to block and that blew up the entire play. From there the whole 1st possession was lost.

........at least Damontre Moore had a ' monster' of a game I suppose .......looks like a decent pick at 81 in the 3rd

I know people are going To talk about the blocked punt. But it was the constant pressure on the quarterback and the way he played a run, that impressed me. It's the first Preseason game, but I liked what I saw so far.

Damontre Moore impresses in New York Giants debut

Chris Wesseling

Around the League Writer

New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin acknowledged last week that third-round draft pick Damontre Moore had gotten the coaching staff's attention with an outstanding start to training camp.

The rest of the country saw what the Giants have been raving about when the rookie pass rusher known as "DaMonster" virtually was unblockable in Saturday's 18-13 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Moore blocked a punt, had four tackles, one quarterback hit and several pressures in addition to disrupting the Steelers' short-passing game.

"Moore obviously was a problem for Pittsburgh from a pass rushing standpoint," Coughlin said, via the New York Daily News. "He keeps coming. And he likes it."

Originally viewed as a first-round talent after racking up 26.5 sacks in three seasons at Texas A&M, Moore fell in the draft due to off-the-field concerns and an underwhelming performance at the 2013 NFL Scouting Combine that had some NFL teams concerned about his athleticism.

Much like Steelers first-round pick Jarvis Jones, Moore's impressive game film trumps his mediocre measurables. With Chris Canty and Osi Umenyiora gone, Justin Tuck and Jason Pierre-Paul banged up and Marvin Austin yet to contribute in three seasons for the Giants, the rookie is primed for a significant role right out of the gate.

Look for "DaMonster" to take on Mathias Kiwanuka's old role as a hybrid stand-up outside linebacker and down defensive end.

[/Quote]