SportsWrath

*Preseason Opener* Well, That's it....

BronxRik

too busy playing a computer game to post as I watching both screens...but I agree with Carl Banks about Scott...the minute he was tackled I swear the same thing crossed my mind that Banks said "ya know Scott is going to have to learn how to be a running back in the NFL...you have to be able to run through those arm tackles...anytime someone gets an arm around him or his legs he goes down.." What I also saw is that I never saw an RB look like he had run a 50 yard scamper in 2 yards of actual running. He reminds me of Butch Woolfolk...not a good comparison for you younger guys..." :P

ol' number 25 out of Michigan precursor to the Ron Dayne style of running.... yeah I remember him

My thoughts... I think the lack of penalties for the first preseason game was impressive. I echo thoughts on Damontre's game, very impressive. From what I saw, I thought Trattou also played fantastic and really helped himself. Ditto for Ojomo, Tyler Sash and Mundy. I actually thought Herzlich was faster than I remember seeing him. I was not happy with the play of the Oline. Overall, I really liked what I saw out of this team for a first preseason game. TC will have them ready, of course the offense struggled, the defense will always be a little ahead of the offense this time of year, but it was a fairly well played game given game 1 in the preseason and only one significant injury to a player who was a long shot to make the team. And the importance of coming out of these games healthy can't be overstated.

Thanks Jim for bringing up the lack of significant injury...can't believe it took til page 4 before it was noted. That's the best part of this first game.

Run defense was pretty awful. That's going to be a huge concern as the preseason continues. It really needs to come together, because as good as our offense can be, I don't feel overly comfortable getting into 35-31 type games throughout the season.

General consensus observations...Moore looked good, offensive line struggled, run defense was rough, Josh Brown looked good despite the missed FG (hello touchbacks!) and even our secondary given the lack of run defense, I think held up fairly well. For the first preseason game, I think that we did really well and have reason for optimism. Rushing on offense and run defense seem to be in need of focus...and if they can improve, even if only slightly and not to perfection, then we'll be in pretty good shape I think.

I see Fewell decided to play a 3-3 defense today. Because there was no one to contain the run on the left side of the defense... The LB also played like shit......

The worst part was they were aligned in a 5 man "over" front to that side and still couldn't contain the run.

Tyler Motherfucking Sash was my 'Man of the Match', he was always on the ball and had some nice hits up at the line. Safety could be a real competition this year.

Cordle gets 'Worst On Ground'; looping snaps and was getting abused in pass protection by 3rd and 4th string guys.

Moore was clearly the most impressive rookie coming out of the blocks. I was disappointed in what I saw from Hankins but I'll give him some time before I start to worry. Was Pugh is at RT at the end, because that whole right side of the backup line was just killing the QBs.

Since you guys point out the most of the players. I'm going to focus on three Giants whom i had high hopes for. but only one show up.

DT Fank Okam - Maybe he was put in late , playing against the second string linemens but everytime the tv put plays on slow mode, this dude was a monster. Needed two Offense guys to try and hold him back..... He is listed as 6'5 350 but i think he's way more than that... he's like a moving plow...

G Michael Jasper - The guy is huge and some running speed for his size but his reaction to the snap just blows... he get beat by quicker Defensive guys and get push back.

LB Aaron Curry - OOO yeah.. dude's a beast.. that's all...

My thoughts... I think the lack of penalties for the first preseason game was impressive. I echo thoughts on Damontre's game, very impressive. From what I saw, I thought Trattou also played fantastic and really helped himself. Ditto for Ojomo, Tyler Sash and Mundy. I actually thought Herzlich was faster than I remember seeing him. I was not happy with the play of the Oline. Overall, I really liked what I saw out of this team for a first preseason game. TC will have them ready, of course the offense struggled, the defense will always be a little ahead of the offense this time of year, but it was a fairly well played game given game 1 in the preseason and only one significant injury to a player who was a long shot to make the team. And the importance of coming out of these games healthy can't be overstated.

The play where he dove to push the guy out of bounds...shit....I had to wait for the replay to make sure it was him. I really didn't think he had that sort of side line to side line game...but he did.

Sash is playing scared....that's good.....he looked like he did when he was in college....hopefully it keeps up...

C. Wagon.

Yup C, that play really surprised me, and I don't think he makes that play last year, and certainly not two years ago. He has me cautiously optimistic. I knkw everyone is ragging on the LBers, but I wasn't as concerned. I saw some good things, and Herzlich looks like a new man. Maybe it's just simply that he's finally all the way back from the cancer. Certainly something to watch going forward, as I don't want to overreact to such a limited sample of plays, but this could be his time.

Things I liked:

- As someone already pointed out....the lack of penalties on the whole team is a very good sign. TC really pushes the need to be disciplined and it shows the team has gotten the message

- no injuries to the starters!! Adams breaking his leg looked horrifying, but he was never going to make the team anyway. Poor kid. Thank God it wasn't Cruz or Randle.

- Damontre Moore looks like a wild animal finally getting let out of a cage. Loved his hustle and the way he goes after the QB. His blocked punt was classic. Could be the steal of the draft.

- Tyler Sash impressed the hell out of me - in on every play and showed more hustle than any safety on the field

- Spencer Paysinger looks like the best LB on the field right now. He was everywhere messing up plays and in on every tackle. No way Williams beats him out as starter. Paysinger is a gem!

- Adewale Ojomo looks like he's ready for the big stage and ahead of the competition for the first DE off the bench once the season starts. He just seems hungrier than the rest.

- Seems Pittsburg didn't want to throw the ball against Amakamura and preferred to exploit Webbie. A sign Prince is coming of age.

Things that made me scratch my head:

- Why can't we stop the run?

- Why can't we move the ball on the ground?

- Where was Cooper Taylor? I was hoping to see a lot of him

- Nassib looked like crap behind a line that looked as if they had been paid to open holes to let the defense through. Regardless, being a rookie is bad enough, but playing with the scrubs on the team to protect you doesn't help.

All in all....not bad for a preseason game which is basically a dress-rehearsal practice with real hitting going on.

Things I liked:

- As someone already pointed out....the lack of penalties on the whole team is a very good sign. TC really pushes the need to be disciplined and it shows the team has gotten the message

- no injuries to the starters!! Adams breaking his leg looked horrifying, but he was never going to make the team anyway. Poor kid. Thank God it wasn't Cruz or Randle.

- Damontre Moore looks like a wild animal finally getting let out of a cage. Loved his hustle and the way he goes after the QB. His blocked punt was classic. Could be the steal of the draft.

- Tyler Sash impressed the hell out of me - in on every play and showed more hustle than any safety on the field

- Spencer Paysinger looks like the best LB on the field right now. He was everywhere messing up plays and in on every tackle. No way Williams beats him out as starter. Paysinger is a gem!

- Adewale Ojomo looks like he's ready for the big stage and ahead of the competition for the first DE off the bench once the season starts. He just seems hungrier than the rest.

- Seems Pittsburg didn't want to throw the ball against Amakamura and preferred to exploit Webbie. A sign Prince is coming of age.

Things that made me scratch my head:

- Why can't we stop the run?

- Why can't we move the ball on the ground?

- Where was Cooper Taylor? I was hoping to see a lot of him

- Nassib looked like crap behind a line that looked as if they had been paid to open holes to let the defense through. Regardless, being a rookie is bad enough, but playing with the scrubs on the team to protect you doesn't help.

All in all....not bad for a preseason game which is basically a dress-rehearsal practice with real hitting going on.

Hamstring BB.

C. Wagon

Yup C, that play really surprised me, and I don't think he makes that play last year, and certainly not two years ago. He has me cautiously optimistic. I knkw everyone is ragging on the LBers, but I wasn't as concerned. I saw some good things, and Herzlich looks like a new man. Maybe it's just simply that he's finally all the way back from the cancer. Certainly something to watch going forward, as I don't want to overreact to such a limited sample of plays, but this could be his time.

Of all the Giants... I really want this kid to do well. The cure for his cancer was almost worse then the disease itself.....guy deserves a break and a good solid NFL career.

C. Wagon.