SportsWrath

Giants LBer Dan Connor arrested.

Lughead

How, are you gonna take a switch blade to the airport?

On a related note, when I was 15 on my way back to the states with my mother and siblings in Frankfurt airport I had a hatchet in my carry on. It was a gift for my dad and after explaining that, security let me on with a promise not to take it out during the flight.

It happens. He probably forgot he had it on him. Reasonable security would have probably just confiscated it; arresting him falls into the domain of bullshit.

I've forgotten that I had my pocket knife on me when going to a place with security--just not an airport. Usually, they hold on to it for me until I leave. Of course, an Opinel could hardly be considered an offensive weapon. Great all-purpose pocket knife, but not one I'd bring to a fight.

It happens. He probably forgot he had it on him. Reasonable security would have probably just confiscated it; arresting him falls into the domain of bullshit.

I've forgotten that I had my pocket knife on me when going to a place with security--just not an airport. Usually, they hold on to it for me until I leave. Of course, an Opinel could hardly be considered an offensive weapon. Great all-purpose pocket knife, but not one I'd bring to a fight.

I guess its reasonable to say he simply forgot he had it on him because he flies so much. When I go to the airport I know exactly whats on me and where everything is, but I fly once every few years, not a few times a week.

Was it in his pockets or in a bag? But you're right, this was a confiscate and warn situation, not a call the cops situation. I wonder if being a Giant in Philly played a part, lol.

At the Los Angeles Airport, more than 5000 items are confiscated every single day. This is a picture of stuff taken in one day at the airport:

weapons_leadimage.jpg

This is a stash of knives collected at the Seattle Airport:

2020853293.jpg

This is a typical backroom of an average sized airport:

tsa.jpg

Kinda makes you wonder what the motive was behind arresting Conner. Something smells fishy.

I guess its reasonable to say he simply forgot he had it on him because he flies so much. When I go to the airport I know exactly whats on me and where everything is, but I fly once every few years, not a few times a week.

Was it in his pockets or in a bag? But you're right, this was a confiscate and warn situation, not a call the cops situation. I wonder if being a Giant in Philly played a part, lol.

http://abclocal.go.c...ocal&id=9164104

Oh, for fuck's sake, it was in his luggage. If it wasn't in his carry-on, what was he going to do--climb into the cargo area? Because that's what I would do if I were a professional athlete pulling in nearly a mil for a season. :rolls eyes:

I miss the country I grew up in.

Oh, don't forget he's a former Cowboy, too.

At the Los Angeles Airport, more than 5000 items are confiscated every single day. This is a picture of stuff taken in one day at the airport:

weapons_leadimage.jpg

This is a stash of knives collected at the Seattle Airport:

2020853293.jpg

This is a typical backroom of an average sized airport:

tsa.jpg

Kinda makes you wonder what the motive was behind arresting Conner. Something smells fishy.

(Be kind of sweet to go through those bins and pull out the nice ones...)

Oh, for fuck's sake, it was in his luggage. If it wasn't in his carry-on, what was he going to do--climb into the cargo area? Because that's what I would do if I were a professional athlete pulling in nearly a mil for a season. :rolls eyes:

This country is patrolled by idiots and bullies.

(Be kind of sweet to go through those bins and pull out the nice ones...)

Oh man that would be sweet. I bet the people that work there get to go through them every so often.

It was an illegal weapon though.

This...

I've been caught a few times with my Swiss Army knife at security, in Canada, and I have to go and stow it in luggage or put it in my car. From Bleedin's picks is it illegal to have a Swiss Army type knife in your checked luggage in the USA?

I've been caught a few times with my Swiss Army knife at security, in Canada, and I have to go and stow it in luggage or put it in my car. From Bleedin's picks is it illegal to have a Swiss Army type knife in your checked luggage in the USA?

Evidently.

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/airport-rules-regarding-pocket-knives-21172.html

I brought some serious knives back from Germany in my checked bags, must be the USA lacks common sense.

This...

but Like Tree said it was an illegal switchblade .if it had been a swiss army knife then its a non story.....still really is. who was the NFl player last year that tried to take a gun on a plane in his luggage? said he forgot about it.

Yes, it was an illegal switchblade. It should have been confiscated, and he should have gotten, at worst, a fine. He wasn't even carrying it on him.

I was in a carry-on bag, not a checked one. He was trying to take it through security.

A police spokeswoman said Sunday that a Transportation Security Administration officer spotted the knife on an X-ray machine monitor as Connor was trying to enter an airport terminal at 9 a.m. Saturday.

Even so, having something illegal in a bag you check is the same as being in "possession", as many a foiled smuggler can attest.