SportsWrath

Source: Rolando McClain to be cut

Mr. P

Can't hurt to bring him in for a look, right?

I mean, most of us wanted him over JPP in the draft.

Nobody expects him to be the next Chase Blackburn or anything, but he could probably at least add depth. I wonder of Crohn's Disease is making him ineffective.

99 tackles or so a year ago tells you there's some talent there...but the motivation to use it is what's lacking. Who's the 100 million dollar DT the Redskins picked up? Yeah, same problem here from the looks of things.

I might bring him in for a look if I'm the Giants, but I'd have 0 intention of signing him now. I'd use the opportunity to communicate to him that he needs to get his head straight, stay motivated, stay in shape over the next few months...and that we'd take another look in the offseason to gauge his commitment to football in general. In all liklihood, it'd probably piss him and his agent off enough not to come back in the offseason, but we're not exactly desperate for his services either.

99 tackles or so a year ago tells you there's some talent there...but the motivation to use it is what's lacking. Who's the 100 million dollar DT the Redskins picked up? Yeah, same problem here from the looks of things.

I might bring him in for a look if I'm the Giants, but I'd have 0 intention of signing him now. I'd use the opportunity to communicate to him that he needs to get his head straight, stay motivated, stay in shape over the next few months...and that we'd take another look in the offseason to gauge his commitment to football in general. In all liklihood, it'd probably piss him and his agent off enough not to come back in the offseason, but we're not exactly desperate for his services either.

Well Rivers hasn't exactly set the world on fire so this guy maybe the one who does under a different circumstances. I'm not saying sign him but hey...for the right amount, why not?

I can understand a lack of motivation on a team like the Raiders. That said, it seems you'd benefit to use your first contract as an audition for your second, hopefully on a second team. Again, the talent seems to be there, but before signing him, I'd have to be reassured about his desire.

Rivers > McClain in my opinion

How long til we get the

Why the hell do we always start yapping about every player who is may be cut? Do you really think we need to look at an expensive DL LB considering Resse's credentials and how well we draft DL LB in general?? Giants wouldnt even have batted an eye-lid. They dont need Babin McClain. We have enough cap room issues trying to keep Cruz and JPP and Nicks as it is. Babin McClain didnt do much this year and his cost is just not worth it. No point in discussing this anyway. We never get DL LB in FA. We draft brilliant and develop them. Something the Eagles Raiders should learn to do. For example - I think Wilson is being groomed to be a nassstyyy mofo. Give him the first year to learn the NFL and to shut his pie-hole. Next year he should be filth!! (in the good sense)

Post . :rolleyes:

any way McClain was suspended by DaRayyyyyyyyydaaaahhhs for 2 games due to conduct detrimental to the team.

yeah, the ones who have never seen a college game in their life and are draft experts from March to April

See that's why around draft time I come to this board and repeat things you, Jim and Fish say when talking football with my friends... I come off like the smartest man in the room :flex: