SportsWrath

"David Wilson needs to grow up and be a man"

JMFP

If only that theory applied to David Diehl and Chris Snee.

Let's be real here. Exactly how much does a shifty 3rd down back need to block and pass protect? Because that's what his role would have been this year. Oh, right, I forget, we end up in 3rd down and 8 consistently and have no desire to hit backs out of the backfield with passes.

Fact is, you don't see shifty, explosive players like Darren Sproles, Devin Hester, Reggie Bush, etc. relegated to the bench because pass blocking isn't their best skill. Only the NY Giants do this.

Ayup...

Someone ask Jim Brown about all the blocking he did back in the day.

I'm not comparing Wilson to Jim Brown.....I'm just saying that nobody calls Jim Brown the best RB of all time because of his blocking.

If they wanted a blue chip blocker then they should have drafted an OL...running backs run...that is what they get paid for. Its not like the line has not been a revolving door anyway. Diehl's best technique this year has been to shout "LOOKOUT" to Eli...and I'm a big Diehl fan. Real lunch pail kind of Giant...so was Brad Benson...don't see Brad suiting up anymore...he is selling Hyundai's and when he declined The Prostitute put him out to pasture.

If they wanted a blue chip blocker then they should have drafted an OL...running backs run...that is what they get paid for. Its not like the line has not been a revolving door anyway. Diehl's best technique this year has been to shout "LOOKOUT" to Eli...and I'm a big Diehl fan. Real lunch pail kind of Giant...so was Brad Benson...don't see Brad suiting up anymore...he is selling Hyundai's and when he declined The Prostitute put him out to pasture.

All true.

Agree...you don't want to blow his head up....but you also don't want to destroy his fucking confidence either. What an ass of a hole.

I was wondering what prompted that......unless Wilson was being a total douchebag in meetings, practice, etc., it comes off as an unprovoked slam.

Fucking kid had a fumble.....shit happens when you're a rookie.

Again, maybe this was do to something we have no knowledge of.

All true.

Right Joe Bro...the Giants have pissed away two winnable games...the first Egals...throwing a bomb on a down that all you wanted to do was move closer for a FG but get offensive pass interference... and gift wrapping the Steelers game by not closing out the first half with points and holding them scoreless...missing a FG by a yard after two false starts...ghosts of Jumbo Eliot...and then going totally pass happy because GOD why would we want to run some time off of the clock with some running when we have the lead...no lets throw incomplete 30 yard outs. :jerkoff:

I was wondering what prompted that......unless Wilson was being a total douchebag in meetings, practice, etc., it comes off as an unprovoked slam.

Fucking kid had a fumble.....shit happens when you're a rookie.

Again, maybe this was do to something we have no knowledge of.

Maybe he was the second gunman on the JFK Assassination...but like you wrote anything short of this he had one lousy fumble...and who knows maybe the Broke Backs still win that game without it as they were treating it as their Super Bowl...

I think we are all in agreement that the rookie treatment is going a little too far. If Doug Martin was a Giant we'd be wondering the same thing about what boost he could provide the offense about now.

I do disagree with whoever said Martin was our preferred pick. Over at the other site Eric had intel during the draft from inside the war room that they had Wilson higher on their draft board than Martin, with the thinking that the added explosiveness, big play ability gave him the advantage.

I still think that just because Martin has had a phenomenal rookie season, and he has, that doesn't mean the book is closed. I definitely believe that Wilson could still wind up the better running back in the NFL. But we'll never know until this team gives him a legitimate chance.

And I was completely off the mark with Trent Richardson, who I pegged for a Mark Ingram redux. Richardson is a beast, who more than passes the eye test. He runs with power and speed, comparing favorably to Adrian Peterson.

That's a pretty horrible comment from your position coach.

I think it was taken out of context. If I recall, in response to why certain people start over others, he was speaking in general terms and not about one specific player.

This is the most perplexing part of our recent drafts. The Giants have been drafting for positions that we already have players for. Yet when there are clear OL or LB problems for years and the Giants refuse to draft first round and as far as I am concerned you never need to draft a RB first round. If you have competent OL then any scrub RB will play like a pro bowler. Also RBs careers are so short it's just not worth the investment.

Yes, a message that you have no idea how to manage a football team.

:D

If this board had it's way a player would be cut every week.

Right Joe Bro...the Giants have pissed away two winnable games...the first Egals...throwing a bomb on a down that all you wanted to do was move closer for a FG but get offensive pass interference... and gift wrapping the Steelers game by not closing out the first half with points and holding them scoreless...missing a FG by a yard after two false starts...ghosts of Jumbo Eliot...and then going totally pass happy because GOD why would we want to run some time off of the clock with some running when we have the lead...no lets throw incomplete 30 yard outs. :jerkoff:

This all gets back to Gilbride's decision to make the offense completely dependent on a perfect Eli Manning.

Yeah, when Eli is on fire, the offense is on fire.

But like in the situations you mentioned - the end of the Philly game....the 4th quarter against the Steelers - I'd love to see a ground game that can just deliver a Vulcan neck pinch to the opponent.

I think it was taken out of context. If I recall, in response to why certain people start over others, he was speaking in general terms and not about one specific player.

Fair enough but it's not hard to extrapolate who he's referring to. If he didn't want it to sound like a slam for Wilson he should have chosen his words a little better. As pointed out by Herc its weird he's talking to reporters at all.

This is the most perplexing part of our recent drafts. The Giants have been drafting for positions that we already have players for. Yet when there are clear OL or LB problems for years and the Giants refuse to draft first round and as far as I am concerned you never need to draft a RB first round. If you have competent OL then any scrub RB will play like a pro bowler. Also RBs careers are so short it's just not worth the investment.

:D

If this board had it's way a player would be cut every week.

Exactly...at best a good RB will give you 2-3 good years...and maybe a couple of serviceable ones. Guys don't have 10-15 year careers getting pounded. People used to lambaste Dorsett and Harris...calling them sideline to sideline runners...but I have yet to hear them complaining of not being able to walk up and/or down stairs.

Fair enough but it's not hard to extrapolate who he's referring to. If he didn't want it to sound like a slam for Wilson he should have chosen his words a little better. As pointed out by Herc its weird he's talking to reporters at all.

You can also tell its not a strength of his...listen I know fans/reporters want juicy shit...but as I work for a couple of universities and a non-profit...I realize though well respected in all of them I am no where near being an agency spokesman or high ranker where I'm used to having microphones pointed in my face. And I know if one is and I'm allowed to speak I will bore the reporter to tears...to the point they will give the cut sign its so bland. My job(s) are worth so much more than headlines.Now this guy won't get fired...but you can kind of understand why Cheerleader muzzles them...guess he picked it up from The Prostitute who in turn got it from Uptight Perkins himself.

Maybe Wilson is just very bitch like in nature, you never know.

He was seen crying on the sidelines after his first fumble, Coughlin pointed out that multiple times in practices Wilson would celebrate touchdowns in practice which is normally not the case with other players and Wilson himself has even come out and said he thinks he can be a HoF player.

Maybe he's like a Diva/attitude player who is all talk and walk but just cant seem to get it right by the coaches with running/passing/blocking assignments.

Like I said maybe he's just a bitch.

If Wilson can't handle the criticism then he should just retire now then anyway. I am sure most posters have watched Sound FX specials with coaches and all they do is yell at players. If he can't handle Ingram telling him to man up what is he going to do when Coughlin chews him out?

If Wilson can't handle the criticism then he should just retire now then anyway. I am sure most posters have watched Sound FX specials with coaches and all they do is yell at players. If he can't handle Ingram telling him to man up what is he going to do when Coughlin chews him out?

Sit on the bench and be underutilized (or just not utilized at all) for the following 10 weeks of the season while the running game struggles.

lol

Should we expect him to bust out in the playoffs for us, then?

One thing about that is you have to make it there, first. Not sure the Giants grasp that with the way they utilize him. That was the year both Derrick Ward and Brandon Jacobs broke 1000 yards, right? Little different scenario, to say the least.